What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQf-DB5yZ5Y

Also cops are babies and the worst kinds of people in America.

The thought of being one of these parents watching the cops do nothing as they threaten me and claim I’m the reason they can’t go in has me just sad. Not sure if I’d get tased trying to get in or back off hoping they actually do their job. You’d think one would have enough courage to get in there.

Once entrance dumbass. There are tons of exits.

The shooter can't get past the dead officer if they don't know how to open the 2nd door.

What
A
Dumb

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
I mean he doesn't have to use an entrance. I can get on any of my kids campus' by jumping a 6' fence. Some additional security is helpful maybe but its like #10 on things we could do.

Making it difficult to get guns from legal sources would end up weeding out a lot of folks. It would also limit guns sold to legit people that want them too because laziness is undefeated. If you are of a certain age and really want to get a gun you can have one after a rigorous process. All throughout the process you are going to weed folks out and identify red flags.

I mean he doesn't have to use an entrance. I can get on any of my kids campus' by jumping a 6' fence. Some additional security is helpful maybe but its like #10 on things we could do.

Making it difficult to get guns from legal sources would end up weeding out a lot of folks. It would also limit guns sold to legit people that want them too because laziness is undefeated. If you are of a certain age and really want to get a gun you can have one after a rigorous process. All throughout the process you are going to weed folks out and identify red flags.
A person could definitely jump a fence, but I'm trying to address the majority of shooting incidents where the shooters are shooting a captive group of students within the facility. They shouldn't be allowed in the building. If they jump a fence into the play area, that door should still have security measures much like the main door.

There are security protocols at courthouses which are government buildings. Many of these school shootings are at state/city facilities. Just install similar methods.

A person could definitely jump a fence, but I'm trying to address the majority of shooting incidents where the shooters are shooting a captive group of students within the facility. They shouldn't be allowed in the building. If they jump a fence into the play area, that door should still have security measures much like the main door.

There are security protocols at courthouses which are government buildings. Many of these school shootings are at state/city facilities. Just install similar methods.

Maybe other schools are different by my kids schools have multiple buildings. Get on campus by jumping a fence and you will get into one of the buildings. Having guards at every door isn't happening. Courthouses are generally one huge building with doors, metal detectors, etc. Entry point security works there. I don't know any schools that would be able to stop a shooter from getting on campus without it setting up like a prison with high fences, barbed wire, and one building.

I just don't think any of that is honestly stopping someone from getting on campus and will drain a **** ton of funds. Also does nothing to address that its happening at grocery stores, churches, movie theatres... Gun control is the easiest way to fix a lot of this imo.

Maybe other schools are different by my kids schools have multiple buildings. Get on campus by jumping a fence and you will get into one of the buildings. Having guards at every door isn't happening. Courthouses are generally one huge building with doors, metal detectors, etc. Entry point security works there. I don't know any schools that would be able to stop a shooter from getting on campus without it setting up like a prison with high fences, barbed wire, and one building.

I just don't think any of that is honestly stopping someone from getting on campus and will drain a **** ton of funds. Also does nothing to address that its happening at grocery stores, churches, movie theatres... Gun control is the easiest way to fix a lot of this imo.
I guess they are building schools differently down south. All of them being built now are one large building. They have multiple entrances, but one main one. Streamlining to one secured entrance addresses many issues.

I think gun control helps, but can never fully guarantee no shootings. As a parent, I want the schools to be as safe as possible. Nothing like this should have ever happened again after Sandy Hook.

I just think instead of hiring a bunch of armed guards for schools that likely won't do anything in the event of a live shooter event... you maybe hire a bunch of mental health experts... have a waiting period on any fire arm... and they have to meet with the mental health expert for an evaluation before getting a gun. The whole job of that mental health expert is to make sure pyschos don't get guns. If they rubber stamp someone we are getting out the white gloves to see what they missed... so better do a good job. The evaluation includes looking at social media and any other communication on the public domain. Maybe find a way to scan their device for keywords in a text (probably crossing some privacy lines there).

Trust that if they want a gun they have to steal it from another gun owner... either in their family or by breaking into a house or some ****. Trust that you can catch them in that process and put some serious responsibility on the gun owner if their gun is used in a crime.

Once a pyscho has a weapon and is intent on killing people you can't cover all the spots they could commit the crime.

The thought of being one of these parents watching the cops do nothing as they threaten me and claim I’m the reason they can’t go in has me just sad. Not sure if I’d get tased trying to get in or back off hoping they actually do their job. You’d think one would have enough courage to get in there.

I think i would get tased. Im pretty laid back about most things and im not too easy to get all riled up but when it comes to my daughter a flip switches. If my daughter was in there and i coukd hear gunshots and screaming then i pity the fool who tries to stop me.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I just think instead of hiring a bunch of armed guards for schools that likely won't do anything in the event of a live shooter event... you maybe hire a bunch of mental health experts... have a waiting period on any fire arm... and they have to meet with the mental health expert for an evaluation before getting a gun. The whole job of that mental health expert is to make sure pyschos don't get guns. If they rubber stamp someone we are getting out the white gloves to see what they missed... so better do a good job. The evaluation includes looking at social media and any other communication on the public domain. Maybe find a way to scan their device for keywords in a text (probably crossing some privacy lines there).

Trust that if they want a gun they have to steal it from another gun owner... either in their family or by breaking into a house or some ****. Trust that you can catch them in that process and put some serious responsibility on the gun owner if their gun is used in a crime.

Once a pyscho has a weapon and is intent on killing people you can't cover all the spots they could commit the crime.
Yes. I would do all of this too. Getting a gun should be difficult.

And dont worry about the privacy thing in this instance. The person wants a killing machine? Gotta give up some privacy.

I want to fly on a plane? Gotta let my bags get searched and i gotta take off my shoes.

And dont worry about the privacy thing in this instance. The person wants a killing machine? Gotta give up some privacy.

I want to fly on a plane? Gotta let my bags get searched and i gotta take off my shoes.

Thats where I am too... and honestly facebook and amazon have all the info anyway and use it for more nefarious purposes.

I feel strongly that identifying the bad guys is easier and more helpful than stopping the bad guys once they have weapons and are on site. It feels like putting resources into better cigarette filters and hoping its stops cancer. These security guards and cops aren't Jack Bauer.

I guess they are building schools differently down south. All of them being built now are one large building. They have multiple entrances, but one main one. Streamlining to one secured entrance addresses many issues.

I think gun control helps, but can never fully guarantee no shootings. As a parent, I want the schools to be as safe as possible. Nothing like this should have ever happened again after Sandy Hook.

This is not true lmao.

Maybe you live in a very small population area with tiny school districts or something, but your experience is in no way accurate to the entire south.

But yeah, most schools have one main entrance where everyone is directed to go (lawfully), but like many republicans like to point out, laws dont actually matter lmao. Anything is an entrance if you want it to be.

I think i would get tased. Im pretty laid back about most things and im not too easy to get all riled up but when it comes to my daughter a flip switches. If my daughter was in there and i coukd hear gunshots and screaming then i pity the fool who tries to stop me.

Me too... I feel you on the daughters... have literally had tears in my eyes each day hugging them as they go to school and when they come home each day. I'm a softy... that's my heart out there walking around.

This is not true lmao.

Maybe you live in a very small population area with tiny school districts or something, but your experience is in no way accurate to the entire south.
The buildings are setup for what their purpose is... education. The different building have different purposes and they are built so kids aren't feeling like they are in prison.

Found a picture of Lopo's local high school

district_9_school_watson_rd.jpg

It's so so simple. The solution is more guns!

Every classroom, every school hallway, the cafeteria, the gym, the auditorium has one of these and all the kids have to carry IFF tags.
3zee8lq2lpk71.jpg

No tag? Target eliminated!

Yes. I would do all of this too. Getting a gun should be difficult.

And I think all responsible gun owners that want guns for responsible reasons would agree. The NRA and some of the wackos think we should buy them like milk and eggs. They should be pushing the other side of the argument if they want to keep their guns.

I have a shotgun for sport (literally just shoot clay pigeons a couple times a year) and to teach my kids how to handle a gun. My FIL decided to buy all the dads handguns for christmas two years ago. We just have to fill in the paperwork and go down to the store etc. I haven't done it in spite of his constant reminders. There is enough paperwork that I don't want to do it.