What's new

The **OFFICIAL** Rudy Gobert is awesome how did he fall to the 27th pick? Thread

I am going to laugh my butt off the morning you wake up to 5-6 strange, random guys banging on your door wanting to go rafting.

Last year I saw the bird man on the river with another company. I am sure anyone on jazzfanz is better than his lame ***.

Same with "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" - loved the whole movie, but I'd have to fast forward the rape part if I'm gonna watch it again.

It's a shame really... they don't need those scenes IMO.

You should read the book. It's one thing to see the part how the director imagined it, it's another thing to read the situation prolonged, detailed shaping these scenes in your head and emulating their voices. Maybe that's because it didn't shock me in the movie surprisingly. Btw I found the hostage situation in the end way more brutal in the book. Like animal brutal.
Is abortion allowed in Utah?

His success could possibly have a positive effect on Tomic's perceived value. Not kidding.

Assuming his work ethic is exactly as advertised, Gobert is going to have a solid career. I don't know about all-star, but he'll be a player you want.

What struck me most is he's always active and moving about. His head is on a swivel on D watching for the ball and he's making alright use of his length to get boards. Once he learns solidly to box out, he'll be a monster in that area simply due to his ridiculous wing span.

He wasn't pushed about as much as much as I thought, but he could use some meat on his frame. This isn't as much of an issue to the evolving nature of the 5, but it'll due him well because he can use his weight to his advantage. I'm certain the Jazz have already setup a line at Sugarhouse BBQ and time slotted in the gym for him.

As noted, he's got a nice touch on his free throw shooting, which should translate well to a 15 ft. jimmy in time. Once he gets a few post up moves and is more comfortable with his back to the basket, he maybe very good player here.

To be frank, I don't know how he fell where he did honestly. For a prospect, I'm sold.

The simple fact that he shows as strongly on the pick and roll and can protect the rim today means he has a future in this league. At 27, thats a win.

And so me were putting me down for saying that if Gobert can put on 20 to 30 lbs., he would be better than Mark Eaton. How many of you think he can be better than Mark was?
Sign me up.

The thing is that there is nothing wrong with him. compare him to Noel: Noel, 7 ft 206, Go-Bear, 7'2 238. He isn't that light, he just needs more strength. He's fast for a big, he's agile for a big, his effort is there, and he makes Jeremy Evans look like an average player when it comes to getting in the air. Mark never really developed an offensive game to speak of, Go-Bear; with his agility might be able to play both sides, and if you consider that his standing reach is comparable to Eatons, that makes him..............better.............

Will he start? Not sure about that, Kanter is pretty darn good, and Favors is a beast. I think it will depend somewhat on matchups, the funny thing being that we are choosing between a 6'10 player, a 6'11 player, and a 7'2 player for the starting center. You really can't go wrong height wise.

I don't like to label any player as "untouchable", but I gotta think the Jazz are intrigued by what Bear can do if given time. That said, the Jazz FO will probably keep him out of any deal talk for the season if the trajectory holds for him and his foot stops bothering him.

GoBear will assure that Tomic NEVER comes to play for us. The only way that he ever comes here is if we outpay his international team. That bill will be around five mil. GoBear is getting around one and a half mil. And all indications are that GB is as good if not better than Tomic, so why would we pay more? As long as Favors and Kanter are on the team, GB will be the third big, even when his deal is up and they re-sign him for between 5 and 7 depending on his performance and the market. By that time Tomic will be near or at his prime and going down. The best we could do is trade Tomic's rights for some draft picks or something, but who else is going to pay him the five mil?

BO_H3RrCcAApLlY.jpg:large

friggin condor

condor3-1024x616.jpeg

Waiting for someone to make a Rudy Gobert summer league highlight video!

Please use TV on the Radio's "Staring at the Sun".

Will rep once a day for a week.

Guys... is it too much of a stretch to say I think Gobert has a better upside than Steven Adams???

Until Gobert can hold the post and a box-out (I'm not sure he'll ever be very good at either), I would say it's a stretch.

And so me were putting me down for saying that if Gobert can put on 20 to 30 lbs., he would be better than Mark Eaton. How many of you think he can be better than Mark was?
I highly doubt Gobert is going to be a 2-time DPOY and average over 4 bpg in his prime but he definitely has all the tools to become a very effective defensive presence and even as a young player could make an impact playing along the backline of a 2-3 zone in short stretches.

Reactions: BHP
Roy Hibbert Summerleague stats 28:23 MPG 9.0 RPG 1.4 APG 1.2 SPG 3.2TO 1.8BPG 20.2PTS 63% FG
If my math is right Roy Hibbert was 22 when he posted these summer league stats

Rudy Gobert Summerleague stats 20.8 MPG 5.3 RPG 0.8 APG 0.30 SPG 2.30BPG 5.3PTS 58.3 %FG

I couldn't find Rudy Goberts TO average but they really low. He was 21 years old this summerleague.

If summerleague is any indication, Roy Hibbert is a better offensive player than Rudy Gobert at this same stage of his career. Rudy had more blocks but Roy Hibbert more steals. Both are probably a wash defensively (both equally really good). Roy Hibbert was better rebounder. Overall I would say Rudy Gobert did great this summerleague but I wouldn't expect a Roy Hibbert (who is an all star so it is a tough expectation).

Guys... is it too much of a stretch to say I think Gobert has a better upside than Steven Adams???

I will hold off the celebration until after a few Lost Vegas Summer League Games.

Speaking of which---if McCollum and/or Larkin has a terrific sumer league what will that do for Jazzfanz and Trey?