What's new

The Offseason Cha-cha-changes Thread

If the Jazz traded Gobert to the Pels, they could bring back Valanciunas and some juicy Lakers picks from the AD trade. That would be on my radar if I were the Jazz.

Last edited:
If the Jazz traded Gobert to the Pels, they could bring back Valanciunas and some juicy Lakers picks from the AD trade. That would be on my radar if I were the Jazz.
Straight up, it's whoever offers the best future-facing assets. The Pelicans are a good target because they have a haul of them AND they are desperate to win.

Straight up, it's whoever offers the best future-facing assets. The Pelicans are a good target because they have a haul of them AND they are desperate to win.
UPDATE

The Good News: NO own the Laker pick if it's between 1-10. So that's something to think about.

The Bad News: They are way above the cap (mind-blowing), so they have to salary match. The only feasible package is Jonas, Nance Jr., and... Graham (yuuuck).

The Good News: Eating Graham's means they might have to rightfully cough up more picks/less protections.

The Bad News: Graham and his contract are traaaaaaaaaaash

Last edited:

Pels have Lakers' FRPs unprotected in 2022 and 2024, plus a pick swap in 2023. I think the top-10 protection on the Lakers pick was contingent upon it conveying last year. I think it's unprotected this year.

Last edited:
If the Jazz suck and aren’t supported in New Orleans, leave to Salt Lake and are wildly successful, but never able to make it over the top, then trade their revered piece to New Orleans and that puts them over the top… well, that would be very Jazz-like. Could we claim that as a proxy title? Hang a banner?

If the Jazz suck and aren’t supported in New Orleans, leave to Salt Lake and are wildly successful, but never able to make it over the top, then trade their revered piece to New Orleans and that puts them over the top… well, that would be very Jazz-like. Could we claim that as a proxy title? Hang a banner?
In fact, a better idea is if we could just absorb their entire franchise and repeat history. We could take the best 15 guys we wanted, and all the assets, the. Put everyone else to be picked up by the league like an expansion draft.

We could maybe pay homage to the Pelicans by changing our mascot to a Pelican. I mean, WTf happened to the Jazz Bear? Since they fired the one guy, you never see Jazz Bear. Never on TV. Never hyping. Even going to the games I barely remember seeing him. Who ****ed this up and why?