What's new

The Rotation

The Cavs arent buying out TT. If this isnt some well sourced rumor it's some complete BS.

No reason they wouldnt want to keep him long-term since they have no center to develop. So you have to give them something of value.

Last edited:
And the Cavs owner would never buy out TT if he thought TT joining Lebron was in the cards. He's the king of petty.

I'm not going to draw out the complete rotation minute by minutee cuz that's kind of overkill, but I think Mitchell is still first out.

Royce comes in for Mitch. Then shortly after Ingles leaves for Clarkson. Then Mitchell and Niang come in for Bojan/Conley. Gobert leaves around the same time for whoever. Mudiay subs in for a handful of minutes to relieve Mitchell of his 2nd stint. Then the starters eventually work their way back in depending on how well the bench is performing/matchups.

Playoff rotation basically just cuts out Mudiay and monitors Niang's minutes more closely.

Marvin Williams can not play backup C for the Jazz.
Might be as good as Ed or Tony... I get what you are saying though... he's not the type you want to funnel players to, but if we needed a different look and wanted to play 5 out he could provide some minutes there.

He'd be more of a Niang replacement. I'm kinda just spit balling because the cupboards are bare and the market is limited.

Might be as good as Ed or Tony... I get what you are saying though... he's not the type you want to funnel players to, but if we needed a different look and wanted to play 5 out he could provide some minutes there.

He'd be more of a Niang replacement. I'm kinda just spit balling because the cupboards are bare and the market is limited.
Jazz would never play him at the 5. He's kind of soft and plays super passive. He's good as a 4, but I just couldn't imagine him working as a 5 in Utah.

I'm not going to draw out the complete rotation minute by minutee cuz that's kind of overkill, but I think Mitchell is still first out.

Royce comes in for Mitch. Then shortly after Ingles leaves for Clarkson. Then Mitchell and Niang come in for Bojan/Conley. Gobert leaves around the same time for whoever. Mudiay subs in for a handful of minutes to relieve Mitchell of his 2nd stint. Then the starters eventually work their way back in depending on how well the bench is performing/matchups.

Playoff rotation basically just cuts out Mudiay and monitors Niang's minutes more closely.
When we get Baynes, then Conley will be first out. Then his pick-n-pop action with Baynes will be the backbone of the bench’s offense.

(@infection as the obsession expert around here, I wonder how you think I’m doing with Baynes?)

In all seriousness, I think we have another move before the deadline passes; and I think it alters the rotations we’ve been seeing.

Jazz would never play him at the 5. He's kind of soft and plays super passive. He's good as a 4, but I just couldn't imagine him working as a 5 in Utah.
We played Jeff Green at the 5 for a few games... I think Quin might be willing to experiment in bench units.

Replace Ed with Baynes.

Replace Niang with Bjelica.

Replace Mudiay and NWG with Shumpert.

BJelly might be the guy we should target.

Davis and Niang for BJelly works.

Dude is killing it from 3 again. An infinitely better rebounder (and underrated imo) and passer and offensive player than Green was. He would totally change our ceiling imo.

And no one’s giving up a 1st for Bjelica which makes him much more attainable for our assetless asses. He’s been playing more with Bagley hurt so damn much which could make it tougher, at least right now. But I’d really go after him. There was some interest there a year and a half ago anyway. At least on Donovan’s part.

BJelly might be the guy we should target.

Davis and Niang for BJelly works.

Dude is killing it from 3 again. An infinitely better rebounder (and underrated imo) and passer and offensive player than Green was. He would totally change our ceiling imo.

And no one’s giving up a 1st for Bjelica which makes him much more attainable for our assetless asses. He’s been playing more with Bagley hurt so damn much which could make it tougher, at least right now. But I’d really go after him. There was some interest there a year and a half ago anyway. At least on Donovan’s part.
I'm sure what the Kings want is another center on their roster under contract for next year.

Conley-Mudiay
Mitchell-Clarkson-Oni
Bogdanovic-O’Neale
Ingles-Bjelica-Brantley
Gobert-Bradley-Morgan

Anyone have interest in Alex Len? He's big and he fouls people super hard and a lot... which may make them stop coming by the basket or might make them quit basketball.

I haven't watched him a ton but I wonder if he's an upgrade or lateral move. Can we get a guy that plays good defense and can catch and finish as a roll man... like they don't have to be great at it just not ****ing awful.

I thought I heard that Shumpert had been waived. I’m on my phone, so too lazy to research.