What's new

The trade winds are a'blowin'...

I mean, I dont think any player has gotten worse, the situation is just worse for everyone.

Guys like Simone/Ochai are looking decent (or better to compared to last year) because they were rookies who have adjusted and for the most part get to stay in their comfortable lane.

THT is trying to be an engine of an offense who is primarily responsible for getting things going.

Sexton is trying to play off-ball.

Clarkson is trying to be the primary initiator of a starting unit.

The starting unit has much worse spacing.

You said Sexton regressed yesterday?

He's 48.4/38.3/84.0.

Hard to repeat last year's performance given the quality of guards he's playing with.
Second half of the season he was damn near unstoppable and this year we added key. This year you can’t just give him the ball. All he’s doing is shooting threes he’s done little to no creation this year a lot less than last year.

You said Sexton regressed yesterday?
I think he has as well. Maybe its due to trying to play off ball more like cy said.
I know shooting percentages aren't everything but last season he was 51%/39%/82%.
This season he is 43%/35%/86%. He is better from the line this season but is getting there less often than last year.
His minutes are also down this season vs last season.

The one reason I can see Ainge keeping Lauri is because he kept Paul Pierce for years on a middling team. Pierce was on a team with a bunch of nobodies. They eventually got good and then Ainge sold them all for 2 all stars to put next to Pierce.

I could say Danny go that path easily. But Lauri surely is a super valuable to any team that is competing for a title this year. He helps everyone get better.

Stop worrying. Just hang around and enjoy Danny's touch on the building of another contender: the Timberwolves!
Meanwhile, Jazz probably should reflect a bit on the coach.... Gyro Gearloose is making me miss Quin.
We really have no idea what kind of coach Hardy is. It's the trial/error phase. People forget what the Jazz looked like before Gobert, it wasnt pretty. Then Quin found out how to use Gobert and was like "Ok, this is what we are going to build off and base **** off of"

Then the coach figures out what works best and everyone bitches about how they dont change things up enough.

I want to see the winds blow THT (sorry cy), Clarkson, and Olynyk out the door. I am wanting to see what Sexton can do with out Clarkson but in a Clarkson 6th man role before I want him out the door.

If a killer offer comes for Lauri then I will be sad but he can go.

The only players still on my non trade are the rooks and sophs.

Now if the right players come available (top 25 type of players) then Lauri and George become untouchable. I would want to keep Agbaji too as he is a great complimentary piece.

I want to see the winds blow THT (sorry cy), Clarkson, and Olynyk out the door. I am wanting to see what Sexton can do with out Clarkson but in a Clarkson 6th man role before I want him out the door.

If a killer offer comes for Lauri then I will be sad but he can go.

The only players still on my non trade are the rooks and sophs.

Now if the right players come available (top 25 type of players) then Lauri and George become untouchable. I would want to keep Agbaji too as he is a great complimentary piece.
I still like THT, but I'm kind of done with the experience myself, especially if he has to play next to Sexton.

The two man weave with him and Sexton being their only half court offense together broke me
See at our core… we are all the same lol. The two man weave is a nice name for the offense but I think we can do better. How about the “two man weep” the “give and blow” the “my turn… my turn again”

Stop worrying. Just hang around and enjoy Danny's touch on the building of another contender: the Timberwolves!
Meanwhile, Jazz probably should reflect a bit on the coach.... Gyro Gearloose is making me miss Quin.
I love this Gyro reference. It might be the first time I have seen it in NBA related forums. In Finland our language is full of references to the great Ducksburg and it's citizens.

We really have no idea what kind of coach Hardy is. It's the trial/error phase. People forget what the Jazz looked like before Gobert, it wasnt pretty. Then Quin found out how to use Gobert and was like "Ok, this is what we are going to build off and base **** off of"

Then the coach figures out what works best and everyone bitches about how they dont change things up enough.
Agreed. We really dont know what kind of coach Hardy is because of how little he has been given to work with. I also think he may not be interested in sticking around if every good player we get we decide to ship off for "assets." I cant imagine Hardy liking the way things are going when we shipped off players he liked at the deadline and we gave him very little this offseason. There was a reason he wanted Dame and then Holiday and we went 0-2.

Agreed. We really dont know what kind of coach Hardy is because of how little he has been given to work with. I also think he may not be interested in sticking around if every good player we get we decide to ship off for "assets." I cant imagine Hardy liking the way things are going when we shipped off players he liked at the deadline and we gave him very little this offseason. There was a reason he wanted Dame and then Holiday and we went 0-2.
He signed a 5 year deal....

Hardy knew exactly what he was signing up for.