What's new

THT 20 LB Weight Loss

Losing weight can improve your jump shot. It can also hurt it. Mechanical movements are tricky. It's like a golf swing in theory being in better shape helps, but that definitely isn't always the case. Yes, getting separation is a good thing for a jump shot. But it can also change the body to throw the mechanics off. His muscle composition definitely changed with that much weight loss, which will change mechanics of movements and he will have to work through that.

He looked like he could drop some weight last year. Good for him! Maybe he can challenge for the starting PG spot now.

Saw a video of him playing in a pickup game a month or two ago and he was noticeably slimmer. Honestly not sure where THT fits in the rotation, especially if Keyonte gets playing time right off the bat. We just have so many guards.

Okur must be the GOAT shooter of all time because he was flames at 20%+ body fat. Someone should have told him he could have been Curry if he lost 20 lbs.

Maybe he would have actually been the goat shooter if he had a body like lauri. No way to know though.

I hate to be the stick in the mud, but there’s all this discussion and argument right now that has a pretty good likelihood of being entirely irrelevant less than a year from now as he may not even be on the roster.

this argument is so dumb. THT was chunky for a point guard. losing 20lbs when your chunky is great and shows he is really seious about starting. thin players or bigs can really benefit by gaining 20lbs. 20lbs would help kessler. by the way have any of you seen AD offseason pics showing his incredible muscle building this offseason. AD is going to rule nexr season. i hate the lakers. some muscle is good, some weight loss is good. it just depends on the individual. i am very excited to see THT nwxt season with 20lbs less.

I hate to be the stick in the mud, but there’s all this discussion and argument right now that has a pretty good likelihood of being entirely irrelevant less than a year from now as he may not even be on the roster.
True, but what else is there to discuss about the team right now, haha.

He could also turn into a solid contributer quickly. He is really on the fence in that regard.

True, but what else is there to discuss about the team right now, haha.
The last couple weeks might be the most dead I have ever seen jazzfanz

We should probably get involved in a Dame deal just so we have something to talk about on JazzFanz. Ainge is letting us down.
My co worker literally said today "I thought Ainge would be a GM who makes a lot of moves but he really hasn't done much. kind of a let down"
Lol. I was like, ya he only traded Gobert, mitchell, royce, bogey, conley, naw, beasley, vando, beverly, and rudy gay. And he only drafted 3 dudes and only traded for vando, beasley, sexton, lauri, agbaji, kessler, tht, bolmaro, collins, and like 9 draft picks (im sure im on the low end on what we acquired and what we got rid of too). He just sits on his hands doing nothing. Stupid boring Ainge.

My co worker literally said today "I thought Ainge would be a GM who makes a lot of moves but he really hasn't done much. kind of a let down"
Lol. I was like, ya he only traded Gobert, mitchell, royce, bogey, conley, naw, beasley, vando, beverly, and rudy gay. And he only drafted 3 dudes and only traded for vando, beasley, sexton, lauri, agbaji, kessler, tht, bolmaro, collins, and like 9 draft picks (im sure im on the low end on what we acquired and what we got rid of too). He just sits on his hands doing nothing. Stupid boring Ainge.
There are legitimate criticisms of Danny Ainge, but him not doing anything definitely isn't one of them.

Yeah, but what has he done for us lately?

I think THT, Dunn, Simone and Luka are not being viewed as future Jazz pieces if for no other reason than their current contract lengths. I would not be surprised to see one or all of them included in a trade for one guy or a draft pick. I would not be surprised to see Luka get waived before his next guarantee date.