What's new

THT Will Be The Starting PG

Hardy said THT worked best with spaced bigs. Maybe like our freaking best player Lauri you dingus.

Guess what, all our guards work best with spaced bigs.

If I had control and I didn't care about egos, I would do this:

Start -THT, Clarkson, Ochai, Lauri, Collins
2nd unit - Dunn, Sexton, Key, Olynyk, Kessler.

Centers will be undersized against Kessler. He can be more impactful on offense and he would be a monster on defense against 2nd unit players.

John Collins as the center in the starting unit would space the floor. Our defense would be weak but we would be spaced and I think the offense would excel.

Last edited:
Hardy said THT worked best with spaced bigs. Maybe like our freaking best player Lauri you dingus.

Guess what, all our guards work best with spaced bigs.
He said THT works best with perimeter players, not bigs. Lauri is a perimeter player (unlike the author indicated) but Kessler isnt.

Centers will be undersized against Kessler. He can be more impactful on offense and he would be a monster on defense against 2nd unit players.

John Collins as the center in the starting unit would space the floor. Our defense would be weak but we would be spaced and I think the offense would excel.
Thats instant offense. On both ends of the floor. Horrible defense for that starting line up.

Andy wrote about, and Hoops Rumors picked up, the fallout of the Jazz not getting Jrue Holiday. The gist was that Portland wanted a slew of draft picks and Jrue would not commit to a long term deal in essence making him a one year lease. Andy said Hardy is struggling with not having a true point guard. It sounded like Hardy was not very happy with the Front Office. Surely one or a couple of the guys can go buy a copy of "Point Guard for Dummies" and get up to semi speed quickly.

Walker is our current franchise center, you'd be moronic to bring him off the bench

Andy wrote about, and Hoops Rumors picked up, the fallout of the Jazz not getting Jrue Holiday. The gist was that Portland wanted a slew of draft picks and Jrue would not commit to a long term deal in essence making him a one year lease. Andy said Hardy is struggling with not having a true point guard. It sounded like Hardy was not very happy with the Front Office. Surely one or a couple of the guys can go buy a copy of "Point Guard for Dummies" and get up to semi speed quickly.
Not surprising tbh.
Hardy also didn't seem to know what he was going to do with Collins during that press conference a week or two ago.

So?

No one is saying THT is the best possible PG, but he's our best current option.
Btw is there anyone you know who shares your opinion? I cant see any other flagbearers here and went to check Jazz subreddit and I believe the reigning opinion there was "send him back to Mordor".

Now I think he is worth holding on to at least so screw the reddit casuals, but if you truely are alone on that mountain then this is gonna be either the best or the worst take ever just for the amount of credibility you have invested in this.

Btw is there anyone you know who shares your opinion? I cant see any other flagbearers here and went to check Jazz subreddit and I believe the reigning opinion there was "send him back to Mordor".

Now I think he is worth holding on to at least so screw the reddit casuals, but if you truely are alone on that mountain then this is gonna be either the best or the worst take ever just for the amount of credibility you have invested in this.
A lot of people are really dumb.

And I dont give a **** about my "credibility".

FWIW, I don't think Cy is the only one saying THT is our best current option. I think there is an argument for that, even if I don't agree.

I also think if you really pay attention to what Cy is saying, he's not as far out there as he seems to like appearing.

I think a lot of people view THT like a meme. They dont take him seriously enough, and I get it to an extent because he does some outrageous things on the court.

The talent level is massive though and he does things very few players in the NBA can. And it's not all highlight plays, he does little things on the court that get overlooked by a lot of people.

The reality is that the Jazz don't have a guy to run their offense through. Jazz can run with Kris Dunn, who is solid enough, but the team's ceiling is a bit limited. THT is still pretty erratic. Teams are going to back off him, dare him to shoot and let him pound the ball. Basically, they'll defend him like he's Westbrook. Colin Sexton's game is really just driving the ball at the rim. Clarkson is a more impactful player when he's in score-first mode. Olynyk can playmake, but you have to hang around and wait for him to process plays. Keyonte is just starting to learn the ropes.

Last edited:
The reality is that the Jazz don't have a guy to run their offense through. Jazz can run with Kris Dunn, who is solid enough, but the team's ceiling is a bit limited. THT is still pretty erratic. Teams are going to back off him, dare him to shoot and let him pound the ball. Basically, they'll defend him like he's Westbrook. Colin Sexton's game is really just driving the ball at the rim. Clarkson is a more impactful player when he's in score-first mode. Olynyk can playmake, but you have to hang around and wait for him to process plays. Keyonte is just starting to learn the ropes.
THT will prove he can shoot if teams leave him open. He did it last year in 2023

Last year, he was 28.6% on 3 attempts per game. Teams are going to back way off until he makes them guard him. FWIW, Westbrook with the Lakers last year was 29.6% on 4 attempts.
THT shot 38% from 3 on catch and shoot attempts in 2023. He shot 33% overall from 3 in 2023. I said 2023, not 2022-2023 season.

So far he is 5/14 from 3 in pre-season, so he is on trend of being a mid 30% 3pt shooter that he showed in 2023.