What's new

Tobias Harris wants to come to utah

Oh, the trade isn't going anywhere.

However, some rumors out there said Memphis wanted Exum. Since the trade isn't final until July 6, I'm sure we could renegotiate the terms of the deal to include Exum should Memphis want him and we need to clear his salary.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

The way to do it would be to re-Oder the transactions... but I don’t know if adding Exum meets the 125% rule... that is the most feasible way to do it but Memphis prolly says no.

The Jazz don’t play in Park City. And he wouldn’t have to live in Philly.
I don't understand your first point if you believe your second point

The jazz play in SLC but he doesn't have to live in SLC. He could live in park City right?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Can Joe Ingles' contract be renogiated? Drop him from 12 million to 9 million and then add a third year?

I guarantee someone within the block you live has. I talk to people everyday at work that have moved from California to Utah even though they'll make significantly less money. They all say the same thing, they love it here and wanted out of the crime and psycho people.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You are talking about people that get excited about green jello with carrot shavings. Not NBA stars.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Ingles the sort of player that ages well because he can shoot and well from beyond the arc, plays smart D, and can pass. That said, if we needed to ship Ingles to make a Harris signing happen, I almost think we need to do that.

I agree with you but given the fact the he was required to do more last year he kinda struggled to do so. I think he is aging, I know the stuff with his son got to him, so I don't mind having that be the root cause of his down year

So even if we get rid of Favors, Exum, Neto, Niang and Bradley we won't have enough cap space to offer a max? How close would we be?

Not sure why everyone is so into the unicorn that Tobias Harris is. Favors is the better player. I don't think the "fit" overcomes that.
While I hate to appeal to perceived value around the league as being a true gauge of actual value, as its correlation is generally fairly poor, I would have to ask why there are numerous teams discussing giving Harris the max this year, while last year Favors met with nobody and took a deal that was considered an overpay, getting less than 2/3 of what Tobias is looking at, and only having one guaranteed year on the deal. I’d also ask why teams have ponied up multiple assets to acquire Tobias, while nobody has ever bit on an offer for Favors, having been on the block for the past few years? Is there some secret that we know that nobody else in the league is clued in to? I acknowledge the possibility that perhaps you are right, but the drastic disparity in perceived value around the league should be cause enough for some honest self-reflection. Is it everyone else misperceiving this, or is it just us?

While I hate to appeal to perceived value around the league as being a true gauge of actual value, as its correlation is generally fairly poor, I would have to ask why there are numerous teams discussing giving Harris the max this year, while last year Favors met with nobody and took a deal that was considered an overpay, getting less than 2/3 of what Tobias is looking at, and only having one guaranteed year on the deal. I’d also ask why teams have ponied up multiple assets to acquire Tobias, while nobody has ever bit on an offer for Favors, having been on the block for the past few years? Is there some secret that we know that nobody else in the league is clued in to? I acknowledge the possibility that perhaps you are right, but the drastic disparity in perceived value around the league should be cause enough for some honest self-reflection. Is it everyone else misperceiving this, or is it just us?
I take your point, but you could also ask why four teams have been willing to trade away Tobias.

Did you read what he said?
I think he said he could live in park City.
Then for some reason you said that the jazz don't play in park City
Why does that matter?

What you probably should have said is that he can play in Philly and not live in Philly. And just left out the part about the jazz not playing in park City.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I agree with you but given the fact the he was required to do more last year he kinda struggled to do so. I think he is aging, I know the stuff with his son got to him, so I don't mind having that be the root cause of his down year

Joe took a beating last year it also didn’t help that he played every game.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz