What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Tony says no Bogey trade likely. With that being the case, I’m not sure that there’s anyone we could trade that would move the needle at all.

Just depressing all around. Totally ****ed right now and not a real path to improve this season.

Honestly, it’s just time to cash in what we can on this core. It’s time to deal the older guys for younger players or assets we can use to acquire younger players for the next core that’s more on Don’s timeline. I’d deal Clarkson and one of Bogey or Conley now at the deadline. Then move the other in the offseason.

Who the **** is Boggy?

Tony says no Bogey trade likely. With that being the case, I’m not sure that there’s anyone we could trade that would move the needle at all.

Just depressing all around. Totally ****ed right now and not a real path to improve this season.

Honestly, it’s just time to cash in what we can on this core. It’s time to deal the older guys for younger players or assets we can use to acquire younger players for the next core that’s more on Don’s timeline. I’d deal Clarkson and one of Bogey or Conley now at the deadline. Then move the other in the offseason.

Really we need the team as is to come together and get their ****ing **** together and start playing ball the way they and we know they can. Enough of the hero ball ********. Enough slacking off your ****ing defensive assignment. Enough over-dribbling and ****** contested shots early in the shot-clock. Enough ignoring the big guy under the basket. And enough throwing the ball to the other team because we are counting on the guy being where we think he should be instead of reading the defense and making the smart play. And enough letting promising young talent rot on the bench because we are masturbationally connected to the ****ing system. They need to pull their heads out and do the right thing to get this ************ back on track. Enough ****ing jackpotting around. From the head coach on down to the end of the bench. Stop playing in tuxedos and go get after it and win some ****ing games.

If they can't use something like this as motivation and inspiration and make a change for the better then ****'em all and gut the team and start over. They don't deserve to sniff Joe's jock if that is the case.

Jordan Clarkson and Doke for Ricky Rubio and a 1st. Who says no?

Let’s get an asset, maybe duck the tax next year, and give Joe an old buddy on the bench (while ******** out fewer ****** possessions).
This is basically trading JC for a bag of chips so we can give all the minutes to Butler and Forrest. And I doubt we get a first in such a deal. A couple of second rounders at best

If you were the GM right now, what would you do?

I'd sign House to a 2 year minimum deal with the second year as a team option.

I'd call NOP to ask if they'd like to send us a couple second rounders and absorb JC into their trade exception... saving Ryan $30M in tax and salary. Assuming there is no better deal I think I could get that or the Satoransky deal. Either way I want to open up some breathing room.

I'd take one of the second round picks I just got and trade it with Joe Ingles to the Spurs for Thad Young. He becomes the backup small ball 5. The get a second and the salary is basically the same. They won't do better.

I take calls on Mike, Bogey, and make a few calls on Royce. I don't move them unless I get 1.25 on the dollar... but I'd say its a seller's market so something weird might shake loose. The goals being to push the contention window out just a hair, getting assets, or creating more flexibility. I'm likely not getting anything good enough to make a move.

I'm running JB, House, Pashcall out there plenty to see if any are long term keepers.

WILD Scenario....

Basically I'm going to listen to Sacramento, Washington, New Orleans on anything... go ahead and make offers on anyone... lets just see how desperate you get. Likely nothing comes of it but who knows what they might throw out there.

I'd call NOP to ask if they'd like to send us a couple second rounders and absorb JC into their trade exception... saving Ryan $30M in tax and salary. Assuming there is no better deal I think I could get that or the Satoransky deal. Either way I want to open up some breathing room.

I'd take one of the second round picks I just got and trade it with Joe Ingles to the Spurs for Thad Young. He becomes the backup small ball 5. The get a second and the salary is basically the same. They won't do better.

I take calls on Mike, Bogey, and make a few calls on Royce. I don't move them unless I get 1.25 on the dollar... but I'd say its a seller's market so something weird might shake loose. The goals being to push the contention window out just a hair, getting assets, or creating more flexibility. I'm likely not getting anything good enough to make a move.

I'm running JB, House, Pashcall out there plenty to see if any are long term keepers.

WILD Scenario....

Basically I'm going to listen to Sacramento, Washington, New Orleans on anything... go ahead and make offers on anyone... lets just see how desperate you get. Likely nothing comes of it but who knows what they might throw out there.
I love it.

I could totally see this happening.

Here is the issue... what else are we giving in that scenario.... OKC will have a few teams... Clips and others that will throw them stuff for that space. They won't do it just because.

While everyone knows you can buy second round picks 10 for $1 at your local Macy's during draft night... you can't buy any now... and we have like 2 left... and one is conditional... so we have 1.5 second round picks we can trade. That cupboard ain't bare but there is only some expired medicine and a container of chick-fil-a sauce left there. The sauce is Polynesian so maybe?

WILD Scenario....

I'm basically here, besides being aggressive on Bogey (though I believe Tony Jones that he won't be moved at the deadline.) He's 33 next year, has one more year left, now is the best time to move him.

I have zero faith in this team making it past the second round, start the retooling now. Not a rebuild yet, but sell off the older players while you can. Don't make the same mistake they did with Millsap.