What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Atlanta seems like a place ready for a trade. They are underperforming but not out of the playoff conversation.

Would Wright & Dieng for Clarkson & Whiteside (or Dok) be a fair move for both teams?

For Atlanta - Clarkson gives them much needed bench scoring to replace Lou Williams who has really declined.

For Utah: Weren't some here interested in Delon Wright? He seems like a more comprehensive player than Clarkson and he's expiring. Dieng can hit the occasional 3. We also save $1.5 million in salaries on this deal which means a good bit in luxury.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
I like Wright. He is a good point of attack guy. Honestly, an expiring contract attached to a useful player for JC is a win. The thing most people don't consider when fake trading Joe is that we are in luxury tax hell if we add salary to next year. A trade of JC is very budget friendly and would really help. We kind of need Joe's contract to fall off the books without adding a similarly priced player.

LoPo

I like Wright. He is a good point of attack guy. Honestly, an expiring contract attached to a useful player for JC is a win. The thing most people don't consider when fake trading Joe is that we are in luxury tax hell if we add salary to next year. A trade of JC is very budget friendly and would really help. We kind of need Joe's contract to fall off the books without adding a similarly priced player.
Good points.

Do you think this is a fair trade? Do we lose a ton going from Clarkson to Delon?

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Good points.

Do you think this is a fair trade? Do we lose a ton going from Clarkson to Delon?

JC is very eye of the beholder... I could see both sides thinking it is unfair... which means its probably fair.

I don't think they'd have a ton of interest as they are trying to shed salary going forward. If they are desperate to make a playoff push maybe... but I think the GM has good standing and can likely punt a year if he needs.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I just put together a four team trade with the Clips... long and short of it is JC and Joe for Batum and Bledsoe... so that is where I am today... sad.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Both DM and Jordan are 31% on catch and shoot threes... that seems wildly low for Donovan... hopefully straightens all the way out... basically EP is shooting the same percentage on catch and shoot threes.

Eric Bledsoe is 38%... yeah... I got there... I talked myself into Eric Bledsoe... again... dark days.

David Hume

A fan in the RealGM Kings Forum proposed the following trade: Haliburton, Barnes and a 1st for Donavan Mitchell. It’s entertaining to see what fans of other teams propose regarding trades involving the Jazz.

LoPo

JC is very eye of the beholder... I could see both sides thinking it is unfair... which means its probably fair.

I don't think they'd have a ton of interest as they are trying to shed salary going forward. If they are desperate to make a playoff push maybe... but I think the GM has good standing and can likely punt a year if he needs.
Yeah. I find it difficult to figure out what Atlanta wants to do. Down deep, I bet they hope they can get Simmons on a cheap deal. Maybe they need all those expiring role players (Delon, Dieng, Lou Williams) to help facilitate it if they do have to take Tobias Harris too.

I do think Clarkson is a good fit in Atlanta just like a more effective Lou Williams was last year.

homeytennis

Myles Turner has a stress reaction in his foot and will be shut down until after the deadline. It might affect some team's calculus of his value.

LoPo

Clarkson for Thad Young?

Thad makes $1.5 more, but he's an expiring

Clarkson and Whiteside (or Dok) for Taurean Prince?

Prince makes more but is an expiring