What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
3 team then. If Don demands a place, we lose all leverage.

I don't think that happens though

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Depends on how long his contract is at the time of demand. We don't have to trade him the place he wants and can leverage other offers against whatever NY offered. We'd lose a little leverage but not much if he has 2 years or so left on his deal.

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
JC is a chucker deluxe this season but not a maker. I can't imagine a GM wanting a 39% shooter and a 31% from three around.

I said in the offseason that we should trade him while his value is at its highest. It's going to be a lot harder to trade him now.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
I’m probably going to pissed with any major-ish move. We’ll get the same ******** because Quin is still the largest variable in the equation, and then we’ll get “let’s give Quin a full season with _____ before we make any judgements. It’s not reasonable to integrate in that big of a piece during the season.” Then offer up some platitudes on stuff like “it took Mike Conley a year to adjust and now look he’s really good!”

Quin is the guy who keeps promising you that he’s going to get your money, and next time you see him he swears he’ll really have it that time.

Hekate

2022 Prediction Contest Winner
I'm just so ready for the Jordan Clarkson experience to be over.

I am ready to trade Clarkson too but I can hardly blame him for Ingles' poor form. Ingles needs to assert himself and demand the ball if he is going to run his PnRs, shoot his open shots and play some defense. Ingles doesn't need to coddled. He isn't a delicate flower.

SoUjazzfan

I am ready to trade Clarkson too but I can hardly blame him for Ingles' poor form. Ingles needs to assert himself and demand the ball if he is going to run his PnRs, shoot his open shots and play some defense. Ingles doesn't need to coddled. He isn't a delicate flower.
It feels a little like Joe is coasting to the finish line. With the frustration of JC and Don when they're in full iso mode (with coaches blessing) maybe it's understandable.

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner

LMAO. No one is saying he needs to be coddled. I think Quin taking the ball out of Clarkson's hands a little more often by running a few more pick and rolls for Joe every game would both help Joe get going and help the team. There's no reason to give our most inefficient offensive player so many possessions.