What's new

Trade deadline discussion

I wonder what the market for Bogdanovic is. If the Jazz flipped him for a FRP, they could send 2 FRPs to Detroit in a deal for Grant. It's expensive, but Conley/Mitchell/Grant/Gobert is a nice framework going forward.

I think we scrap the team including Gobert and build around Donovan. Just my opinion.

Not this season. We have a #1 offense, a top 5 or 6 defense when Gobert plays, plus guys like House, Paschall and Forrest to try to duct tape our defense together in certain matchups.

If there is a surprise this season it would be that we trade out Bogdanovic as part of a deal for a younger, two-way wing.

I wish we could add another big, either before the deadline or in the buyout market. Someone to play when Rudy and Whiteside are both out or when Whiteside is playing but clearly isn't trying.

I wish we could add another big, either before the deadline or in the buyout market. Someone to play when Rudy and Whiteside are both out or when Whiteside is playing but clearly isn't trying.

Some guys who would be available for not so much: Theis, Thomas Bryant, Alex Len

Saw this one I kind of liked from an OKC fan.

Utah In: Kenrich Williams
Utah Out: Ingles/Gay/adjust the protections on the '24 pick (top 4 protected or something) so it either conveys or turns into 2nds/pick swap in '26

OKC In: Ingles/adjusted '24 1st/'26 pick swap
OKC Out: Kenrich

DAL In: Gay
DAL Out: Maybe a 2nd to Utah

We get under the tax line, get somebody cheap who can play and all it really costs is a '26 first swap (I'd push for some light protections). Not sending Gay to Siberia is also a nice plus, don't want to do him too dirty after signing with us.

I think Josh Richardson, Robert Covington and Marcus Morris are pretty attainable if the Jazz want one of them. I don't think the Jazz need to go after Kenny Hustle unless they really believe in him....like he's the next Amir Coffey or something.

I think Josh Richardson, Robert Covington and Marcus Morris are pretty attainable if the Jazz want one of them. I don't think the Jazz need to go after Kenny Hustle unless they really believe in him....like he's the next Amir Coffey or something.
Amir Coffey has a poster of Kenny Hustle on his wall.

I'm telling you guys... Ingles/Doke and a 2027 top 8 protected 1st for Kenny Hustle and Muscala... its as good of a dart throw as we have. Muscala has turned into prime locked in Mirotic... @infection go look at it. Solves an issue on the wing... solves the backup center issue. Then you can use Royce or the trade exception to address other needs.

I don't think Kenny gets a first by himself... they likely don't care much for some ****** seconds. If they can offload those guys it really aids the tank. We can even amend the pick protections on the other pick if need be. Adds win now guys while not breaking the budget for next year. Do it damn it.
You're aware that there are reports that Muscala has been playing through a painful ankle stress fracture and may need surgery after the season, aren't you? And that OKC may be limiting his minutes because of this?

This report from Marc Stein on the Jazz doesn't sound promising. Says there is internal instability that stems from a growing suspicion that Ainge wants to make major changes. Also says it's a borderline soap opera right now.

You're aware that there are reports that Muscala has been playing through a painful ankle stress fracture and may need surgery after the season, aren't you? And that OKC may be limiting his minutes because of this?
Not to mention that he's an Azubuike-level rebounder?

I heard that, but he’s still playing really well. It’s also the type of thing you use to explain why you aren’t playing your best players more because you are trying to tank. There is zero reason to limit Kenny’s minutes.

His contract has a team option on second year so if he can’t go then you have an out.

This report from Marc Stein on the Jazz doesn't sound promising. Says there is internal instability that stems from a growing suspicion that Ainge wants to make major changes. Also says it's a borderline soap opera right now.

Maybe it will be written up in some future Sports Management textbook as a case study in how to move your odds from winning a championship from 15% to 0% in two short months.

I heard that, but he’s still playing really well. It’s also the type of thing you use to explain why you aren’t playing your best players more because you are trying to tank. There is zero reason to limit Kenny’s minutes.

His contract has a team option on second year so if he can’t go then you have an out.
Can't tell if you're talking about Muscala or Williams here. Or shifting from one to the other?