What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Maybe… I wonder what we give… if it’s just a straight JC for Richardson swap sure… jingles… maybe not great financial planning. He’s the most meh realistic option so it’s probably what we get.

The thing I like about him is he's good at defending guards, which is something Royce and the rest of our perimeter defenders really struggle with. Also shooting 39% from 3 this season. I 'd prefer him RoCo to be honest.

Richardson has ties to both Wade and Ainge. I guess he would make sense. He was a mid second round pick in the 2015 draft where the Jazz drafted Trey Lyles in the first round and Oliver Hanlan in the 2nd round.
Jared Sullinger was drafted by Ainge 10 years ago when we drafted Kevin Murphy, so I think we’re probably targeting Mo Harkless.

Duck the tax so we can avoid going into the repeater next season (lol that time we were like a couple 100k over).

Of course if we're sold on Gay as the 7th-9th guy that puts us over the top we shouldn't send him out.
This has me ****ed up. I would love all of that except the Gay part. If the Jazz get that close to ducking the tax then they’d be fools not to try.

Simultaneous to all this, I want Smart for JC really, really bad. Even if you got the OKC deal, the JC/Smart swap, AND dumped Doke/Hassan/Hughes into space/TPEs, I think the Jazz are still a few 100,000 above the tax. You could do it with Gay, though. Woof.

Frustrated. I don’t think there’s a way to duck the tax without seriously negatively impacting the team, and that’s trading out a non-player (Ingles) and a player that makes us worse (Clarkson). Maybe you just try to duck it next year by not really signing anyone? That repeater tax is gonna be back-breaking.

This has me ****ed up. I would love all of that except the Gay part. If the Jazz get that close to ducking the tax then they’d be fools not to try.

Simultaneous to all this, I want Smart for JC really, really bad. Even if you got the OKC deal, the JC/Smart swap, AND dumped Doke/Hassan/Hughes into space/TPEs, I think the Jazz are still a few 100,000 above the tax. You could do it with Gay, though. Woof.

Frustrated. I don’t think there’s a way to duck the tax without seriously negatively impacting the team, and that’s trading out a non-player (Ingles) and a player that makes us worse (Clarkson). Maybe you just try to duck it next year by not really signing anyone? That repeater tax is gonna be back-breaking.

My current favorite variant of us ducking the tax is something like JC to New Orleans, Ingles+2nds for Burks and then one more real minor move should get us under.

But yeah, now that Ingles is out it should at least be on the table.

Maybe we can still get one of the starter quality guys (Grant namely) on the market, but all the buzz around them has the prices higher than I'd be willing to pay.

What do people think about Clarkson and Ingles plus a heavily protected 1st that could turn into two seconds for Harrison Barnes? We’d save about 5.2M in the deal as well. I’d do it.

What do people think about Clarkson and Ingles plus a heavily protected 1st that could turn into two seconds for Harrison Barnes? We’d save about 5.2M in the deal as well. I’d do it.

I'd do it in a heartbeat. I don't think it would be a good deal for the Kings...but it is the Kings after all so they may just be stupid enough to do it.

I'm kind of hoping we do something completely out of left field that no one sees coming.

I think many of us have thought this was the case for quite some time.

If they really can't coexist, the best time to separate them is now. If our season continues tanking and we unravel to end the season or playoffs, we actually lose value if other teams know that we are going to blow it up in the off-season.

I don't know. All of this seems fishy.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
As much as they try to hide it, it's obvious. They can't get along and don't vibe

As much as they try to hide it, it's obvious. They can't get along and don't vibe
I think Rudy Gobert annoys the ever living **** out of Don and some of the other players. Time and time again Rudy has gone public with issues of not getting the ball or needing guys to play better here or there. Even though he's often right, how he handles it fractures a lockerroom. And all these throwing teammates under the bus media moments have happened after Rudy did something in the lockerroom that really pissed off Donovan.

I wish Donovan would more directly address rumors, but I also admire him for taking the high road on and off the court. This all ends with them being split up, and I hope Utah makes the right decision and finally builds it all around Donovan Mitchell.

So it seems Barnes will be the one Jazz and Ainge will go after

Hoops hype saying Ainge tried to get him whilst in Boston and still loves his game

Haven't kept up with Buddy Hield this season but Kings fans aren't happy with him, his contract and skillset isn't ideal for what we need but he seems like a buy low candidate who could be a considerable upgrade playing Clarksons role.

Ingles and Clarkson for Hield. Kings save money, we get a lethal shooter who is active off the ball.

Wow. Just when things looked bad, we have drama. Maybe that explains Don and Rudy being held out longer than expected.

I already said they were holding Mitchell out pending a trade. No one listened.

Haven't kept up with Buddy Hield this season but Kings fans aren't happy with him, his contract and skillset isn't ideal for what we need but he seems like a buy low candidate who could be a considerable upgrade playing Clarksons role.

Ingles and Clarkson for Hield. Kings save money, we get a lethal shooter who is active off the ball.
Hield is almost exactly Clarkson, a sparkplug off the bench with zero defense and C- play-making. But way way better efficiency. It would be an upgrade to trade straight across, but I imagine the Kings will know this and demand more than just a swap + whatever it takes to get the money to match and all that. They will want a premium.