What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Jazz do this deal to save money and get off Clarkson. Raptors would throw in some 2nd round picks. Actually think Clarkson would fit their team as they have an offensively challenged bench unit.

Can the Jazz restore Dragic for one last playoff run? I admittedly know nothing of his situation this year. Just saw he is out for personal reasons.
Dragic would be a good pickup to replace Ingles. I think we’ll need another ball handler in the playoffs. He’s been working out at Heat facilities and attending Heat games, though. I think it was HH who said he’s waiting to get bought out and sign in Dallas. I’d do this trade, though.

Just going on record saying I'm not expecting anything to happen, at least nothing major. Ainge's record says he won't do something unless it's not just a win, but a loss for the other team.

The problem is, is that I didn’t say any of this. Log summarized it well. Quin doesn’t think he’s relying on exceptions, and he doesn’t believe his emphasis is to wait for an exception. He feels he’s set up the rule, and we need to continue to put the right variables in to prove the rule, and when we’ve done that with exactness, the rule is the answer and not an exception.

You said that Quin's strategy is based on outlier theory multiple times. When you say it multiple times, I believe that you mean it. Like I've said, I have no disagreement if you think Quin is miscalculating. Nobody has said that Quin is making the right decision by being so rigid. I also understand the concept that Quin doesn't believe this is true and because he is wrong it's true in effect. It is obvious that the worse your strategy is, the more you are reliant on higher percentile outcomes. But I just can't the ongoing implication that everything bad is related to an overreliance on "analytics". When in fact, better analytics would push you to the conclusion you would want....which is for Quin to change his ways.

Jerami Grant and Harrison Barnes are not perfect, but they are recognizable enough names for Danny Ainge to fake like he almost got them. The most likely outcome is not move, the second most likely move is a move to save money. I think a move with the intention to improve this team in a significant way is a distant possibility. If the Jazz were ready to deal and make moves, they would have gotten the POR package for themselves.

You said that Quin's strategy is based on outlier theory multiple times. When you say it multiple times, I believe that you mean it. Like I've said, I have no disagreement if you think Quin is miscalculating. Nobody has said that Quin is making the right decision by being so rigid. I also understand the concept that Quin doesn't believe this is true and because he is wrong it's true in effect. It is obvious that the worse your strategy is, the more you are reliant on higher percentile outcomes. But I just can't the ongoing implication that everything bad is related to an overreliance on "analytics". When in fact, better analytics would push you to the conclusion you would want....which is for Quin to change his ways.
Quin inadvertently, an unaware to him, has a strategy that’s predicated on us doing well when we’re greatly exceeding the mean (and often in outlier territory). Yes. He obviously doesn’t see it that way, so whether you say the system is predicated on outliers is a matter of relativity and perspective. But I’ve never implied that “everything bad is related to an over reliance on ‘analytics.’” You should run a search on how many times over the past year I’ve referenced “flawed understanding of analytics” referencing DL and Quin, if this term is still greatly offending you. The thing I’ve actually harped the most on are the intangible and psychological components of the game that Quin is not ready for — he can’t handle momentum swings, he can’t keep his guys composed, he can’t stop the bleeding. I’ve argued that far more, and this off-season I even stated that the biggest move we could make was coaching staff diversity and leadership and not player personnel at all. Granted, Quin’s rigidity and implementation of his system contributes to part of that. As I’ve said, “when all else fails, all else harder.”

But we can continue to six vs. half dozen this **** forever.

Jazz do this deal to save money and get off Clarkson. Raptors would throw in some 2nd round picks. Actually think Clarkson would fit their team as they have an offensively challenged bench unit.

Can the Jazz restore Dragic for one last playoff run? I admittedly know nothing of his situation this year. Just saw he is out for personal reasons.
He wouldn't fit into Nick nurse's system

Jerami Grant and Harrison Barnes are not perfect, but they are recognizable enough names for Danny Ainge to fake like he almost got them. The most likely outcome is not move, the second most likely move is a move to save money. I think a move with the intention to improve this team in a significant way is a distant possibility. If the Jazz were ready to deal and make moves, they would have gotten the POR package for themselves.
He might even aim higher and almost trade for Jaylen Brown… maybe he won’t directly say it but like a hint that they had some pretty serious offers on a young all start wing that got considered.

Quin's out of health protocols. Nothing matters anymore. Nothing will change ever again. AJ will be thrown in a dungeon with an Iron mask.

Sent from my SM-G780G using JazzFanz mobile app
But in his boredom he ended up falling off the wagon and is back to being Cocaine Quin. Win or there will be dead puppies and hookers everywhere.

I don't remember a trade deadline before where specific names were mentioned beforehand to this degree. Is this Ainge's way of playing poker or him saying "**** it our roster is **** we have to improve it."

Levert ideally checks some boxes the Cavs sorely need but I don't understand their need to go all in.

I had a chance to watch Levert after he came up in trade talks and he is not good. Like not at all. Dude plays a braindead sort of basketball.