What's new

Trade deadline discussion

It looks like that the Pacers might be sellers. I'm curious as to what they will do with Turner, Sabonis and Brogdon

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
They basically announced they will be sellers a month or so ago… have been shopping both bigs. Brogdon can’t be traded until the offseason because they extended his deal earlier this year.

Levert ideally checks some boxes the Cavs sorely need but I don't understand their need to go all in.

I had a chance to watch Levert after he came up in trade talks and he is not good. Like not at all. Dude plays a braindead sort of basketball.
they didn't go in... like at all.

rubio's done for the season and half of next season at least. so basically all they gave up was a lotto protected pick, same as what we used to salary dump favors. the two second rounders in the deal aren't even theirs. One of them was the 2027 pick we gave them in the rayjon tucker deal.

They basically announced they will be sellers a month or so ago… have been shopping both bigs. Brogdon can’t be traded until the offseason because they extended his deal earlier this year.
I'm choosing not to rely completely on a few random "reports".

Smoke doesn't necessarily mean fire these days.

Selling LeVert could just be good business.

He might even aim higher and almost trade for Jaylen Brown… maybe he won’t directly say it but like a hint that they had some pretty serious offers on a young all start wing that got considered.

I could see that. He may deny the Grant and Barnes rumors by saying that there was an even better player that they set their eyes on. We didn't try for those two because we almost had someone better but that team pulled out at the last second. Rhymes with Braylen Jown.

I could see that. He may deny the Grant and Barnes rumors by saying that there was an even better player that they set their eyes on. We didn't try for those two because we almost had someone better but that team pulled out at the last second. Rhymes with Braylen Jown.
Lol

Sounds like a dream...

So should Jazz be able to get a first round pick for Clarkson?
Nah, Levert is the superior player overall. More potential to develop into a consistent dude too if he can stay healthy.

I think Clarkson can get you two 2nd rounders if you also save the other team money in year 1 of the trade.

they didn't go in... like at all.

rubio's done for the season and half of next season at least. so basically all they gave up was a lotto protected pick, same as what we used to salary dump favors. the two second rounders in the deal aren't even theirs. One of them was the 2027 pick we gave them in the rayjon tucker deal.
They did go all in for the season and Levert isn't going to put them over anyone in the east.

It doesn't fully jeopardize their future, sure. They still have flexibility and they can use Levert as an expiring next year or extend him but a first seems like a lot to me. And if they extend him it's going to eat into Love's expiring in 22/23 and that space could have been worth a lot.

They did go all in for the season and Levert isn't going to put them over anyone in the east.

It doesn't fully jeopardize their future, sure. They still have flexibility and they can use Levert as an expiring next year or extend him but a first seems like a lot to me. And if they extend him it's going to eat into Love's expiring in 22/23 and that space could have been worth a lot.
The East is wide open. The Nets aren't who the experts say they are. I wouldn't count the Cavs out.

Quin inadvertently, an unaware to him, has a strategy that’s predicated on us doing well when we’re greatly exceeding the mean (and often in outlier territory). Yes. He obviously doesn’t see it that way, so whether you say the system is predicated on outliers is a matter of relativity and perspective. But I’ve never implied that “everything bad is related to an over reliance on ‘analytics.’” You should run a search on how many times over the past year I’ve referenced “flawed understanding of analytics” referencing DL and Quin, if this term is still greatly offending you. The thing I’ve actually harped the most on are the intangible and psychological components of the game that Quin is not ready for — he can’t handle momentum swings, he can’t keep his guys composed, he can’t stop the bleeding. I’ve argued that far more, and this off-season I even stated that the biggest move we could make was coaching staff diversity and leadership and not player personnel at all. Granted, Quin’s rigidity and implementation of his system contributes to part of that. As I’ve said, “when all else fails, all else harder.”

But we can continue to six vs. half dozen this **** forever.
It's the square root of 36. Get your facts straight.

The East is wide open. The Nets aren't who the experts say they are. I wouldn't count the Cavs out.
They could try to make a run but they are still going to play one of Bucks, Heat and Philly. Levert isn't going to swing those series. He is not very good, although playing with Allen could help him some.

Bad move by Cleveland. They just overpaid for player who always unhealthy. They didn't need to make such a trade, still a very young team, they lost their veteran leader to injury. Even if they kept their picks and finished this year with a competitive playoff series, they would have exceeded every expectation. With this trade, they lost their future assets for no reason.

Bad move by Cleveland. They just overpaid for player who always unhealthy. They didn't need to make such a trade, still a very young team, they lost their veteran leader to injury. Even if they kept their picks and finished this year with a competitive playoff series, they would have exceeded every expectation. With this trade, they lost their future assets for no reason.
It's a fine trade. I admire the Cavs for doing it. Teams who horde picks and try to develop solely through the draft are kind of lame and are mostly doing it to feed off hope of the future fueling their job security.

It's a gamble either way.

You keep Levert healthy and get him to sign an extension and this is a complete home-run by the Cavs.

Maybe they could have drafted another good player, but odds are the guy they draft never truly helps them in a meaningful with how good their record has gotten.