What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Pacers are apparently willing to re-build per an article from Shams. Says LeVert and Sabonis or Turner are available. I don't think we are a good match for a deal with them as we don't have firsts or young guys. Brogdon can't be traded this year because of his extension.

I’m curious how much Quins input matters to the front office. DL didn’t give a **** but I would think JZ does. Quin has a thing for JC so I’m not sure he would be onboard with a trade

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I’m curious how much Quins input matters to the front office. DL didn’t give a **** but I would think JZ does. Quin has a thing for JC so I’m not sure he would be onboard with a trade

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
Oh JZ is very much interim GM status imo and Quin won the fight with DL so he is the alpha there. I think he has a lot of input/influence. JZ will not ruffle his feathers unless he has another job lined up already.

There may be some useful players that break loose as some of these teams move to the bottom or pivot. We will have to be super opportunistic though given our lack of resources.

You could do:

Utah out JC
Utah in Holiday Temple and a second rounder from NO

Indiana Out: Holiday Craig
Indiana In: Satoransky and a second round pick from NO

NO out: Sato, Temple and a couple seconds
NO In: JC and Craig

Saves Indiana about $11M in room next year and gives them a second. Actually saves us 3.5M or so once you waive Oni, plus whatever the tax savings are... could be about $10M in total.

Dok, Hughes, and Oni for Torrey Craig.

You could do:

Utah out JC
Utah in Holiday Temple and a second rounder from NO

Indiana Out: Holiday Craig
Indiana In: Satoransky and a second round pick from NO

NO out: Sato, Temple and a couple seconds
NO In: JC and Craig

Saves Indiana about $11M in room next year and gives them a second. Actually saves us 3.5M or so once you waive Oni, plus whatever the tax savings are... could be about $10M in total.
If the Jazz are sending out CLarkson they at least need to get a late first rounder. I know he's been *** cheeks this year, but it would be wild to just get two late career journeymen and a 2nd rounder for the 6th man of the year.

*Though I guess if it's New Orlean's actual 2nd rounder, and not just a random one they own, it's not terrible*

If the Jazz are sending out CLarkson they at least need to get a late first rounder. I know he's been *** cheeks this year, but it would be wild to just get two late career journeymen and a 2nd rounder for the 6th man of the year.

*Though I guess if it's New Orlean's actual 2nd rounder, and not just a random one they own, it's not terrible*
The deals are likely kind of clunky. Not sure how many extra NO picks are out there and you could likely steal another second in the deal. I think Holiday will have a strong market

Jazz get my boy Watanabe. They get Ibaka too (salary matching reasons). He's probably washed, but maybe he could be effective in the playoffs. I would also include a top 20 protected pick from the Raptors that turns in a lottery protected pick the next year if it doesnt convey.

Raptors get Keon Johnson, the 21st overall pick from this year.

Clippers get Jordan Clarkson. They have one of the worst offenses among playoff teams in the NBA by offensive rating.

*And yes I included Banton, who they arent going to trade. It can be BOnga but ESPN wont let me include him yet*

I really wonder what Clarkson trade value is coming off the best year of his career while in the midst of the worst year of his career.

Jazz get my boy Watanabe. They get Ibaka too (salary matching reasons). He's probably washed, but maybe he could be effective in the playoffs. I would also include a top 20 protected pick from the Raptors that turns in a lottery protected pick the next year if it doesnt convey.

Raptors get Keon Johnson, the 21st overall pick from this year.

Clippers get Jordan Clarkson. They have one of the worst offenses among playoff teams in the NBA by offensive rating.

*And yes I included Banton, who they arent going to trade. It can be BOnga but ESPN wont let me include him yet*
If you want Yuta this is not the way to go get him.... trade the 6 MOY for a guy who has appeared in 5 games this year?

You could offer a second and I'm fairly sure he's yours. They should give him to us for free for the damn highway robbery they pulled on us for the Cold Matthew trade.

If you want Yuta this is not the way to go get him.... trade the 6 MOY for a guy who has appeared in 5 games this year?

You could offer a second and I'm fairly sure he's yours. They should give him to us for free for the damn highway robbery they pulled on us for the Cold Matthew trade.
They'd also get a protected 1st rounder and a chance at a healthy Ibaka come playoff time.

Yuta would add a major defensive element to the team. He's underrated currently because of the pre-season injury.

They'd also get a protected 1st rounder and a chance at a healthy Ibaka come playoff time.

Yuta would add a major defensive element to the team. He's underrated currently because of the pre-season injury.
I'm fairly sure that the Raps wouldn't do it with their first... think they are closer to tanking than they are to competing for the playoffs. It likely would not convey if they did do a deal. baka is ded.

You want Yuta then you simply offer Oni and a second... done... He's not a proven guy so I doubt Quin would play him anyway.