What's new

Trade deadline discussion

What does Ingles and our 2026 1st get us? He looks washed and not in the JazzFanz think PJ Tucker and Pat Beverley are washed way either.

What does Ingles and our 2026 1st get us? He looks washed and not in the JazzFanz think PJ Tucker and Pat Beverley are washed way either.

A team like Houston that's trying to lose, has a cheap owner and wants future picks might give us something. Houston would probably want an additional player from the Jazz depending on who they're giving us though.

What about Joe and a 1st to Charlotte for PJ Washington? They are looking to shed money and he is you and good sized. He plays D too.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

There are reports that the Rockets want a first-round pick for Eric Gordon. He's having a really good season but he's also 33 and has two more years on his contract after this season at around $20 million a year.

There are reports that the Rockets want a first-round pick for Eric Gordon. He's having a really good season but he's also 33 and has two more years on his contract after this season at around $20 million a year.
Final year is non-guaranteed… so he’s essentially got this year and next. It does guarantee if he wins the championship… so he’d be really motivated!

Weird development to watch... In Washington Bertans and Avdija are both out of the rotation with Rui and Thomas Bryant now back from injury. No interest in Bertans and that awful contract but Avdija is the type of defender we really need. Been super impressed with him on that end of the ball. Offense has not come around but i think he's got potential.

Not a guy I'd trade Bogey for and that would likely be what it takes... but if they decide to move him and the return is similar to what Reddish got (I think he'd fetch much more), he'd be an awesome guy to steal.

I'd take PJ Washington over Avdija...
Avdija is a career 29% 3pt shooter and shoots 42% from the floor overall. He simply does not have any reliable offensive skills for him to see meaningful minutes under Quin. I mean he fell out of Washington's rotation... Its not like Washington has a guy like Miles Bridges who's been putting up all-star numbers that forced the coach to make the tough decision. If we are really seeking an upgrade, PJ Washington would be the one to look at

PJ Washington has too many red flags to me. He's putting up games where he scores 2 -4 points.

I dont watch enough of him to say if he really has potential to become a starter or if he's just kind of a slightly better Patrick Patterson.

Atlanta seems like a place ready for a trade. They are underperforming but not out of the playoff conversation.

Would Wright & Dieng for Clarkson & Whiteside (or Dok) be a fair move for both teams?

For Atlanta - Clarkson gives them much needed bench scoring to replace Lou Williams who has really declined.

For Utah: Weren't some here interested in Delon Wright? He seems like a more comprehensive player than Clarkson and he's expiring. Dieng can hit the occasional 3. We also save $1.5 million in salaries on this deal which means a good bit in luxury.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Atlanta seems like a place ready for a trade. They are underperforming but not out of the playoff conversation.

Would Wright & Dieng for Clarkson & Whiteside (or Dok) be a fair move for both teams?

For Atlanta - Clarkson gives them much needed bench scoring to replace Lou Williams who has really declined.

For Utah: Weren't some here interested in Delon Wright? He seems like a more comprehensive player than Clarkson and he's expiring. Dieng can hit the occasional 3. We also save $1.5 million in salaries on this deal which means a good bit in luxury.

I like Wright. He is a good point of attack guy. Honestly, an expiring contract attached to a useful player for JC is a win. The thing most people don't consider when fake trading Joe is that we are in luxury tax hell if we add salary to next year. A trade of JC is very budget friendly and would really help. We kind of need Joe's contract to fall off the books without adding a similarly priced player.

I like Wright. He is a good point of attack guy. Honestly, an expiring contract attached to a useful player for JC is a win. The thing most people don't consider when fake trading Joe is that we are in luxury tax hell if we add salary to next year. A trade of JC is very budget friendly and would really help. We kind of need Joe's contract to fall off the books without adding a similarly priced player.
Good points.

Do you think this is a fair trade? Do we lose a ton going from Clarkson to Delon?