What's new

Trade ideas

He's not a cornerstone....

SGA, Williams, Chet are the cornerstones.

Giddey just a piece

A 6'8 PG who should have been in the conversation for ROTY? Who also had a decent sophomore season but has seemingly regressed this year? If I was OKC id be disappointed with his performance this year, they'd have been expecting him to take another step. He was decent at the World Champs but the national teams performance overall was disappointing, OKC wont be best pleased that he will be committed to the Olympics this year instead of continuing to work on his individual game. Id not be shocked if he's getting shopped, still think he can be a very good 3rd option on a contender.

Is there even a case?
Last I heard Newport Beach PD was investigating, but witnesses declined to make statements.

Havent heard the news of the district attorney office deciding not to press charges (yet), so I guess the PD is still in the process of gathering evidence.

Also NBA had their own investigation pending but havent heard updates about that either.

A 6'8 PG who should have been in the conversation for ROTY? Who also had a decent sophomore season but has seemingly regressed this year? If I was OKC id be disappointed with his performance this year, they'd have been expecting him to take another step. He was decent at the World Champs but the national teams performance overall was disappointing, OKC wont be best pleased that he will be committed to the Olympics this year instead of continuing to work on his individual game. Id not be shocked if he's getting shopped, still think he can be a very good 3rd option on a contender.
Yeah, they got 3 far better players

Last I heard Newport Beach PD was investigating, but witnesses declined to make statements.

Havent heard the news of the district attorney office deciding not to press charges (yet), so I guess the PD is still in the process of gathering evidence.
It's probably not a thing anymore

Also NBA had their own investigation pending but havent heard updates about that either.
The investigation seems to be hinged upon the girl making a statement and she has refused at this point. from what I have read (I live in Huntington Beach) without her making a statement they have no grounds to make any charges. With a high-profile case such as this, I find it difficult for the DA to process charges completely on hearsay.

I have thought a lot about if Lauri was traded to OKC if I would want to get Giddey back in the trade. At this point, I am saying yes but I want Dieng also. If sleeping with a minor is so awful the jails would be stuffed. Honestly, this is going to blow over and be forgotten. Also, if this had happened in OK or Australia it would have been legal.

Edit: Her parents aren't cooperating either. Without evidence, they will have a hard time going forward with charges. I just want to say that I DO NOT condone his actions.

Last edited:
No chance DA accepts Giddy in a deal. There is no need to bring that bad PR to the Jazz. OKC can keep Giddy and just have Bertans, Dieng and picks in the deal for Lauri.

No chance DA accepts Giddy in a deal. There is no need to bring that bad PR to the Jazz. OKC can keep Giddy and just have Bertans, Dieng and picks in the deal for Lauri.
Actually wouldn't be shocked by it anymore.

It will eventually go away. It's not a legal case. It happened in 2021 when Giddey was 19, so it was likely a 2 year age gap when it happened, maybe 3. It's just internet jokes and memes at this point. It's not anywhere near a Malone situation

What if OKC includes one of Cason wallace / Alex Pokusevski? to trade offer from Lauri?

Word is Dejounte Murray is on the market, he'd be a guy I'd like who's secured on a decent contract. How many picks added to one of Clarkson/Sexton to get it done?

Word is Dejounte Murray is on the market, he'd be a guy I'd like who's secured on a decent contract. How many picks added to one of Clarkson/Sexton to get it done?
We definitely have the pieces to get it done. Hawks are on a losing streak and very close to desperation mode.

Kind of the same issue with Lauri... Dejonte is 27 and doesn't fit the timeline of the rest of the team.

Kind of the same issue with Lauri... Dejonte is 27 and doesn't fit the timeline of the rest of the team.
He fits the timeline with Lauri and that's all it matters.

Who exactly on this “rest of the team” should we build our franchise around? No one.

Keyonte might become a reliable starter one day but at this time it would be a reach calling him the franchise cornerstone. Same goes for Walker, who's been largely underwhelming this season. And Hendrix/Brice are currently struggling to crack the rotation.

So as things stand, Lauri is our best bet to stay relevant for the foreseeable future.

Yes there's always the draft but I wouldn't hold my breath over it. It only takes some poor draft luck for us to sink into the Kings/Hornets/Pistons kind of misery for the next 10+ seasons, if we are not careful managing our assets.

I think the Lakers may be going for Dejounte and we can maybe do a 3 team deal that would get Austin Reeves for the Jazz. Reeves fits the Jazz timeline better and is on a better contract. I would love to see Reeves with Will Hardy coaching.