What's new

Trade Rudy to Atl, Tor or Cha

LoPo

I hate making this thread before the playoffs is over, but the whole vibe right now is moving on. And changes are coming. We know that. These three teams make the most sense for Rudy based off what he does, what they need and what they have.

For Atlanta, I would want John Collins and something else - savings, okay 1st, Capella to keep or flip, something.

For Tor, I want Anunoby and another asset, savings, etc.

For Cha, could we get Miles Bridges via S&T? If not, maybe Plumlee, Rozier, Washington and bunch of picks and savings.

I could also see a deal where we send Rudy to Atl, Capella goes to Cha and we end up with Collins, Plumlee, Washington, picks from Cha.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
I hate making this thread before the playoffs is over, but the whole vibe right now is moving on. And changes are coming. We know that. These three teams make the most sense for Rudy based off what he does, what they need and what they have.

For Atlanta, I would want John Collins and something else - savings, okay 1st, Capella to keep or flip, something.

For Tor, I want Anunoby and another asset, savings, etc.

For Cha, could we get Miles Bridges via S&T? If not, maybe Plumlee, Rozier, Washington and bunch of picks and savings.

I could also see a deal where we send Rudy to Atl, Capella goes to Cha and we end up with Collins, Plumlee, Washington, picks from Cha.

Rather trade him to a western conference team and have to face him in the playoffs. He’s awful

Rather trade him to a western conference team and have to face him in the playoffs. He’s awful
Cmon man. I get the frustration, but Rudy is a good player. He makes a serious impact. Quin and the FO have failed all of us.

A middling team in the East like these 3 would benefit greatly from Rudy. For instance, Charlotte would immediately shoot up the East standings with Rudy. They have a good facilitator in LaMelo and a solid roster around them. Rudy doesn't make them a contender, but he makes them very relevant.

Cmon man. I get the frustration, but Rudy is a good player. He makes a serious impact. Quin and the FO have failed all of us.

A middling team in the East like these 3 would benefit greatly from Rudy. For instance, Charlotte would immediately shoot up the East standings with Rudy. They have a good facilitator in LaMelo and a solid roster around them. Rudy doesn't make them a contender, but he makes them very relevant.

Also add that Charlotte has the following assets we could possibly choose from:

Washington - potential as a SF/PF
Plumlee - we need his heart and drive
Rozier - plays with a bunch of heart
A few young players with potential (Bouknight, Kai Jones, JT Thor)

Maybe even Miles Bridges (maybe they make him available via S&T if they don't want to give him a big contract).

Those are disastrous trades, come on man!!!
I left them open for improvements. All 3 of these teams have draft assets and young players to add as sweeteners. I don't see many other teams that need/want Rudy while also having a decent long term piece to put next to Donovan.

Collins, Anunoby and Miles Bridges are very good prospects. None are Rudy, but all are young, athletic and are paid substantially less.

We won't get great returns for Rudy no matter what because of his salary. We'll get something good I hope, but it wont be great because whoever wants him has to accept taking on assloads of salary

The scheme around Rudy doesn’t work in the playoffs. Hasn’t every year and once they go small ball, we are done.

I would rather get assets and retool knowing that we simply can’t win continuing to think that Rudy can guard guys 20 feet apart.

DM for Brunson straight up. Or Dinwiddie even. How did we not get Bullock?

CHA is in desperate mode right now because they've barely missed the playoffs 2 seasons in a row and they might just cancel the play-in completely in the coming season. It would be foolish not to take advantage plus Ainge has made deals with CHA before, back when Haywood was basically gone as a FA but he somehow managed to work out a sign-and-trade with them

I’ve been saying if we trade Rudy that Charlotte is perfect. A trade for bridges and Washington like JOM mentioned is a good trade.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

The scheme around Rudy doesn’t work in the playoffs. Hasn’t every year and once they go small ball, we are done.

I would rather get assets and retool knowing that we simply can’t win continuing to think that Rudy can guard guys 20 feet apart.
Surround Rudy with a bunch of Danuel Houses and someone who can actually facilitate unlike Conley or Mitchell, and we would be stellar. The problem is the wall we build around Rudy is made of wet toilet paper. All of our "perimeter defenders" are turnstiles. Last game it was almost literally, I cannot tell you how many times we literally watched DM or Conley or Royce or Bojan TURN THEIR FEET sideways and just let their guy run right by them, EXACTLY like a turnstile, then half-heartedly "chased" them from behind. That isn't getting beat. That is directly letting your guy through with zero effort. When you turn your feet away from the offensive player and stand sideways, you are not playing defense any more. And that is exactly what those mother****ers were doing. They need to go.

Last edited:
Lamelo would have been the perfect pick n roll partner with Rudy because he's long and crafty with his passes. Like a more flashy version of Jingles. Pitch that to CHA and I'm sure they would be interested. Rudy can basically guarantee any team with a playoff berth with his defensive prowess

We won't get great returns for Rudy no matter what because of his salary. We'll get something good I hope, but it wont be great because whoever wants him has to accept taking on assloads of salary
Have Bridges do a sign and trade. He's gonna get paid and would've been the perfect salary matching piece.

Lamelo would have been the perfect pick n roll partner with Rudy because he's long and crafty with his passes. Like a more flashy version of Jingles. Pitch that to CHA and I'm sure they would be interested. Rudy can basically guarantee any team with a playoff berth with his defensive prowess
Mitchell for Lamelo then.

I don’t want to make this a DM thread, but dude has a wingspan that should make him an elite defender yet he’s not.

You can only attribute that to effort and a focus only on trying to score.
We aren't doing DM any justice when we pair him up with a 6’0 Conley and expect him to play some lockdown defense on guys that have at least 3 or 4 inches over him. DM should be the smallest guy on the court, period.