What's new

Trade Rudy to Atl, Tor or Cha

We've had great defensive teams with Rudy and DM before. Obviously it's the players around them that are the problem.

Here is a thought... Unless DM and Rudy actually have a Kobe and Shaq thing going on, we can rebuild around both of them.

Sent from my SM-A326U using JazzFanz mobile app

Don’t forget. We can’t move DM’s buddies. This is all about him having fun. Not winning.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Don’t forget. We can’t move DM’s buddies. This is all about him having fun. Not winning.

This is so damn lame. We should all be applauding "Don's buddy" and torching Quin for not playing him sooner. If Don had as much pull as you try hard to imagine, Paschall would be playing consistent minutes. And Rudy would be gone already.

This is so damn lame. We should all be applauding "Don's buddy" and torching Quin for not playing him sooner. If Don had as much pull as you try hard to imagine, Paschall would be playing consistent minutes. And Rudy would be gone already.

First off, Paschall isn’t the answer. He’s a role player. Second, DM’s buddies include Royce and Quin. And, I’m sure he was fully behind the Conley trade.

First off, Paschall isn’t the answer. He’s a role player. Second, DM’s buddies include Royce and Quin. And, I’m sure he was fully behind the Conley trade.

It's like Lebron wanting Westbrick or MJ running the Hornets organization. They could be great players but that doesn't qualify them as the decision maker on building a championship team.

With what?

Having jack **** for assets is as big a problem as any. Jazz have nothing to offer anybody to improve right now.
Yeah, and even if we did have the assets to do that, why waste it on them?

I think it's pretty clear both parties arent THAT interested in making it work together.

This thing just needs to be doused in gasoline and lit on fire. It was fun while it lasted. I will always have fond memories of the first four years of Rudy/Don, but this last season was miserable for the entirety of the season.

Last night when we played small ball and started to outscore Dallas, DM started having fun, even doing push-ups after a hard foul. I haven't seen him like that since before the ankle injury a year ago.

That's the DM of old. The DM that takes over games.

Last night when we played small ball and started to outscore Dallas, DM started having fun, even doing push-ups after a hard foul. I haven't seen him like that since before the ankle injury a year ago.

That's the DM of old. The DM that takes over games.

...and then he didn't.

Hello Jazz Nation,

Big fan of the site although I hate when you come to our board to post our personal thoughts on our Ls to the Jazz after gameday.

I have trades I think will benefit everyone in it. Jazz, Hornets, Lakers, Hawks, and Pacers.

I'll start with the Hawks/Pacers: Gallo who has an opt-out for 6 mil/15 for Malcolm Brogdon/31. While this weakens the guard depth for the Pacers, it gives them space so they can avoid the LT next year while building around Haliburton. For Atlanta, gives them a good SG who's versatile and can play with Delon in the 2nd unit and start as well.

What you all care about: THE UTAH JAZZ!

Two major moves: LAL/UTA/CHA

Westbrook to CHA
Hayward and Rozier to UTA
Conley and Bogey to LAL

The UTA-LAL-CHA Trade

For CHA, they get a PG who's expiring who has vet skills and someone that could help them in this current phase. Frees up 48 million in 2023 and gives CHA a lot of money for LaMelo big last year to get another stud to add to the rotation.

Utah gets Hayward back as well as former Louisville star, Rozier who joins Donovan again.

LAL, Gives LA a forward who can shoot lights out who can play off Bron. Conley gives LA is true PG who can play on and off the ball. O'Neale is a good RS rotation piece that gives LA more depth which they lack.

The Blockbuster:

IND-UTA-ATL Trade (Gobert)

Atlanta gets Rudy Gobert, a defensive stalwart.

Indiana gets Kevin Huerter who is beloved by LP and Carilise.

Utah gets John Collins and Myles Turner, perfect fits and makes Utah completely switchable defensively which would help them tremendously.

Questions:

1. What about Capela for Atlanta. He will obviously be moved but Atlanta is targeting a PF. Meaning it could be Capela for a PF or Capela/Bogi for a PF who cost a lot more. He will have a lot of suitors due to his value and his cost of his contract.

2. How good is a Utah with Rozier/Mitchell/Hayward/JC/Turner? If healthy, really good. A lot of switchable players. A lot of shooting. You have two slashers. Rim protection is solid but switchable is high.

3. Do you think we can get a 1st as well with Gobert. Not with that package. If you do a Gobert for Randle deal, you could get one to two 1sts but that doesn't help you at all.

What does Jazz nation think?

Also add that Charlotte has the following assets we could possibly choose from:

Washington - potential as a SF/PF
Plumlee - we need his heart and drive
Rozier - plays with a bunch of heart
A few young players with potential (Bouknight, Kai Jones, JT Thor)

Maybe even Miles Bridges (maybe they make him available via S&T if they don't want to give him a big contract).

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Rather have obi toppin , Quickley or barrett packaged

By the time DL left he already ran this organization into the ground. So even though we brought in Ainge, all there is left to do is mess cleaning and damage control
Sorry but finishing with the best record in the nba isn't "running the franshise into the ground." It just isn't.

Hello Jazz Nation,

Big fan of the site although I hate when you come to our board to post our personal thoughts on our Ls to the Jazz after gameday.

I have trades I think will benefit everyone in it. Jazz, Hornets, Lakers, Hawks, and Pacers.

I'll start with the Hawks/Pacers: Gallo who has an opt-out for 6 mil/15 for Malcolm Brogdon/31. While this weakens the guard depth for the Pacers, it gives them space so they can avoid the LT next year while building around Haliburton. For Atlanta, gives them a good SG who's versatile and can play with Delon in the 2nd unit and start as well.

What you all care about: THE UTAH JAZZ!

Two major moves: LAL/UTA/CHA

Westbrook to CHA
Hayward and Rozier to UTA
Conley and Bogey to LAL

The UTA-LAL-CHA Trade

For CHA, they get a PG who's expiring who has vet skills and someone that could help them in this current phase. Frees up 48 million in 2023 and gives CHA a lot of money for LaMelo big last year to get another stud to add to the rotation.

Utah gets Hayward back as well as former Louisville star, Rozier who joins Donovan again.

LAL, Gives LA a forward who can shoot lights out who can play off Bron. Conley gives LA is true PG who can play on and off the ball. O'Neale is a good RS rotation piece that gives LA more depth which they lack.

The Blockbuster:

IND-UTA-ATL Trade (Gobert)

Atlanta gets Rudy Gobert, a defensive stalwart.

Indiana gets Kevin Huerter who is beloved by LP and Carilise.

Utah gets John Collins and Myles Turner, perfect fits and makes Utah completely switchable defensively which would help them tremendously.

Questions:

1. What about Capela for Atlanta. He will obviously be moved but Atlanta is targeting a PF. Meaning it could be Capela for a PF or Capela/Bogi for a PF who cost a lot more. He will have a lot of suitors due to his value and his cost of his contract.

2. How good is a Utah with Rozier/Mitchell/Hayward/JC/Turner? If healthy, really good. A lot of switchable players. A lot of shooting. You have two slashers. Rim protection is solid but switchable is high.

3. Do you think we can get a 1st as well with Gobert. Not with that package. If you do a Gobert for Randle deal, you could get one to two 1sts but that doesn't help you at all.

What does Jazz nation think?

Yet this person, Gordon Daniel Hayward, is such an antipathetic character that I fear JazzFanz shall not consent to his inclusion on the team. Terry William Rozier III is a player of substance and character. He comports on Utah. Rudy Gobert-Bourgarel has both emotive and substantive connections to the Jazz. Any trades should not be consummated without due diligence.

Didn't what? Become the Donovan of old? Nope, he didn't.
Gobert was the Rudy of old atrocious on offense also but that's every time he gets the ball out of the paint and he penetrates or post ups .... Etc

Last edited:
Sorry but finishing with the best record in the nba isn't "running the franshise into the ground." It just isn't.
That's why I said we overachieved last season. Even then, we still got exposed in the playoffs and reminded of the fact that talent wise this roster is just not set up for any meaningful success.