What's new

Trade Rudy to Atl, Tor or Cha

Let’s please stop the Bridges trade talks. From what I hear they are very high on him. Plus, he’s a restricted FA, so he would have to agree to a sign and trade. If he’s going to another team I’m guessing he’s not picking Utah.

The sad truth is that a trade with Charlotte almost certainly means taking back Hayward’s contract. Maybe He could be routed to a third team (Indiana for Brogdon maybe?) but I think the best the Jazz could get from Charlotte is Hayward, Washington, and a pick OR one of their young guys.

I think GSW could be choice; they have a ton of assets (some of their younguns, re-route Wiggins for more assets).

And if we’re being petty, then it’s a nice cheap-shot to the league for being better than this team.

Im ready to trade rudy. If for no other reason than im really sick of defending him. Its getting tiresome and my heart isnt in it anymore. I see all the clumsiness and playoff collapses too. Trade him.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Im ready to trade rudy. If for no other reason than im really sick of defending him. Its getting tiresome and my heart isnt in it anymore. I see all the clumsiness and playoff collapses too. Trade him.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
I feel embarrassed watching him for that reason.

If I’m another team, I go after him hard in the hope that it will be a psychological reset for him. But there is no denying the dude has butterfingers in the playoffs.

We've had great defensive teams with Rudy and DM before. Obviously it's the players around them that are the problem.

Here is a thought... Unless DM and Rudy actually have a Kobe and Shaq thing going on, we can rebuild around both of them.

Sent from my SM-A326U using JazzFanz mobile app

I don’t want to make this a DM thread, but dude has a wingspan that should make him an elite defender yet he’s not.

You can only attribute that to effort and a focus only on trying to score.

I feel like DM gets worse defensively every game. Doesn’t matter how much you score on average shooting if you give up those kind of points. Trade DM for complete players.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

We aren't doing DM any justice when we pair him up with a 6’0 Conley and expect him to play some lockdown defense on guys that have at least 3 or 4 inches over him. DM should be the smallest guy on the court, period.
Exactly.

DM is an elite playoff scorer. He's a solid facilitator even though he's playing next to a PG. Build around him. He performs in the playoffs.

And yes, somebody is going to say "look at his shooting percentages this postseason" blah blah blah. His 3rd quarter won us game 1 despite his poor shooting first half.

I want to see him go to Toronto with all those perimeter defenders. Insert Gobert into that and they’d be insane on that end.

Want to see him with a good PG on offense too though.
As long as we get good/fair value in return, I don't care where we send him unless it's LA or GS.

Exactly.

DM is an elite playoff scorer. He's a solid facilitator even though he's playing next to a PG. Build around him. He performs in the playoffs.

And yes, somebody is going to say "look at his shooting percentages this postseason" blah blah blah. His 3rd quarter won us game 1 despite his poor shooting first half.

“Solid facilitator” lol. So many guys in the league can put up those numbers with those shots. You keep getting dumber.

Let’s please stop the Bridges trade talks. From what I hear they are very high on him. Plus, he’s a restricted FA, so he would have to agree to a sign and trade. If he’s going to another team I’m guessing he’s not picking Utah.

The sad truth is that a trade with Charlotte almost certainly means taking back Hayward’s contract. Maybe He could be routed to a third team (Indiana for Brogdon maybe?) but I think the best the Jazz could get from Charlotte is Hayward, Washington, and a pick OR one of their young guys.
If Charlotte is willing to pay Miles a max contract, you are correct - we can't get Miles. But we could easily trade with Charlotte without having to take Hayward.

Rudy is set to make $38 this coming season.

Rozier: $21.5
Plumlee: $8.5
Washington: $5.8
Bouknight: $4.4
Kai Jones: $2.9
JT Thor: $1.5
They have #13 and #15 this year
They could send future 1st round picks

We could trade Rudy to get out of the luxury AND for a ton of draft capital which is flipped for something elsewhere. Bojan and #15 for John Collins? Conley and #13 for Jerami Grant?

Rozier fits well next to Donovan because he's a tenacious defender.

“Solid facilitator” lol. So many guys in the league can put up those numbers with those shots. You keep getting dumber.

That's why he's top 5 all time in the history of the NBA for playoff points per game for players who have played at least 20 playoff games. That's right, everybody can do it....

Exactly.

Its more like we are building around Conley than DM or Rudy. We have Rudy screen assist him then babysit him defensively on every ****ing possession. I mean there's no reason Conley couldn’t take on a 6’1 Jalen Brandon. The moment we put Royce/House on Brunson, we are hiding Conley defensively and caused mismatch for everyone else. If we give George Hill or Jeff Teague similar treatment they can make the AS team, easy. Only guy that justifies such privilege is CP3, who's basically come in and made Phoenix his team.

Its more like we are building around Conley than DM or Rudy. We have Rudy screen assist him then babysit him defensively on every ****ing possession. I mean there's no reason Conley couldn’t take on a 6’1 Jalen Brandon. The moment we put Royce/House on Brunson, we are hiding Conley defensively and caused mismatch for everyone else. If we give George Hill or Jeff Teague similar treatment they can make the AS team, easy. Only guy that justifies such privilege is CP3.
I'm with you. We screwed up on the Conley deal. Really wasted the Rudy/Don potential.

Now we gotta move on. We need to be smart. Rudy Gobert still has loads of value to the right team. In a year or two when he's making north of $40 million at 31 or 32 years old, he will have zero or negative value. We don't have the roster to make Rudy work in the playoffs. We have had 4 years to try with defenders and now with offensive players. Finding great two way players is damn hard, but we tried and failed.

Unless he wants to leave, it makes no sense whatsoever to trade Donovan Mitchell this summer. Zero.

With what?

Having jack **** for assets is as big a problem as any. Jazz have nothing to offer anybody to improve right now.
You could say the same about Rubio 3 years ago when the Rockets didn't even guard him and played 5 on 4 defense. But we moved him didnt we?

Every player is worth something to every team. Every player is better or worse depending on a team or situation.

That's why he's top 5 all time in the history of the NBA for playoff points per game for players who have played at least 20 playoff games. That's right, everybody can do it....

And, if he could count to 8, it might actually mean something.

You could say the same about Rubio 3 years ago when the Rockets didn't even guard him and played 5 on 4 defense. But we moved him didnt we?

Every player is worth something to every team. Every player is better or worse depending on a team or situation.

Didn't Rubio just leave? We traded Favors but only for cap savings and a 2nd rounder.