What's new

Trade Rudy to Atl, Tor or Cha

Gobert was the Rudy of old atrocious on offense also but that's every time he gets the ball out of the paint and he penetrates or post ups .... Etc
That isn't the Rudy of old, that is the Rudy of forever. He has never been good at dribbling the ball or creating much offense for himself. He is fantastic when he is working with a competent facilitator in getting him the ball in the right place. If he were playing with Chris Paul, Rudy would probably be averaging 20+ per game because he would get the ball where the only option will be to allow the dunk or foul him. Nothing new here.

Also add that Charlotte has the following assets we could possibly choose from:

Washington - potential as a SF/PF
Plumlee - we need his heart and drive
Rozier - plays with a bunch of heart
A few young players with potential (Bouknight, Kai Jones, JT Thor)

Maybe even Miles Bridges (maybe they make him available via S&T if they don't want to give him a big contract).

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
You think Rudy is frustrating to watch, just imagine Mason Plumlee.

That's why I said we overachieved last season. Even then, we still got exposed in the playoffs and reminded of the fact that talent wise this roster is just not set up for any meaningful success.
Thats fair but you also said he ran the franchise into the ground. Making a roster full of guys who over achieve and get the best record in the nba and have 3 all stars and a 6th man of the year (and runner up for 6th man of the year) isn't running the franchise into the ground. You might say he could have done better. Or he made some mistakes. But he didn't run the franchise into the ground lol. Im sure dwayne wade and ryan thought the franchise had been ran into the ground and thats why they invested a **** ton of money into it.
Maybe you were being hyperbolic.

Thats fair but you also said he ran the franchise into the ground. Making a roster full of guys who over achieve and get the best record in the nba and have 3 all stars and a 6th man of the year (and runner up for 6th man of the year) isn't running the franchise into the ground. You might say he could have done better. Or he made some mistakes. But he didn't run the franchise into the ground lol. Im sure dwayne wade and ryan thought the franchise had been ran into the ground and thats why they invested a **** ton of money into it.
Maybe you were being hyperbolic.
A lot of you would disagree with me but I'd say Quin has a lot to do with us overachieving not DL. JC was considered a chucker in Cleveland and they didn't want him there. Bogey doesn't play defense and Indiana refused to pay him. And Indiana didn't want Niang, period. Royce and Jingles were not even NBA players until Quin made them.

DL didn't give Quin a whole lot to work with, but he made the most of it. It's kind of surprising that our lack of talent doesn't show until recently. Like how did we even get the 5 seed ahead of Denver, Minny and Nola consider the strength of the roster?

Let a terrible coach like Corbin try this group of guys then we can talk about where we are as an organization. Just like lot of Portland fans didn't appreciate Terry Stotts until they made Chauncey billups their HC. Same thing. Well maybe except their FO weren't nearly as bad as DL, who thought Mike Conley was Chris Paul.

Last edited:
A lot of you would disagree with me but I'd say Quin has a lot to do with us overachieving not DL. JC was considered a chucker in Cleveland and they didn't want him there. Bogey doesn't play defense and Indiana refused to pay him. And Indiana didn't want Niang, period. Royce and Jingles were not even NBA players until Quin made them.

DL didn't give Quin a whole lot to work with, but he made the most of it. It's kind of surprising that our lack of talent doesn't show until recently. Like how did we even get the 5 seed ahead of Denver, Minny and Nola consider the strength of the roster?

Let a terrible coach like Corbin try this group of guys then we can talk about where we are as an organization. Just like lot of Portland fans didn't appreciate Terry Stotts until they made Chauncey billups their HC. Same thing. Well maybe except their FO weren't nearly as bad as DL, who thought Mike Conley was Chris Paul.
All fair. Who hired Quin? My whole contention was that DL didn't run the franchise into the ground. He just didn't.
Now if he fired quin and replaced him with corbin and never got mitchell or rudy and the jazz were bottom feeders and had no playoff games and no one was buying tickets and the team was about to be moved then I would agree that he ran the franchise into the ground.

All fair. Who hired Quin? My whole contention was that DL didn't run the franchise into the ground. He just didn't.
Well, then define an organization ran into the ground for me. OKC has the worst record this season but they also own like a grand total of 50 picks over the next decade with young stars like SGA and giddey carrying the load so they are well set up for future.

Right now our main bench consist of guys that are Spurs reject(Juancho), Blazers/Nola reject(NAW), Rockets and Knicks reject(House), GSW(when they were still tanking) reject(Paschall) and Kings rejects
(Whiteside). Name me another 40win team that construct their roster like that. We are in the worst kind of situation as an organization.

When DL left, we had no pick or cap space. Rudy's already locked into a 40mil deal that's near impossible to move. We are in a tight spot where we can't make the necessary improvement to go up and compete for a chip, nor can we just go tear it down like Portland or Indiana because most of our players had very low trade value and we don't own enough picks ourselves to justify tanking(we own a total of like 2 second rounders in the next 7 seasons before Ainge was even brought in).

Worse, we will have to give up assets to even get rid of some of our players under contract (Favs, Doke, Gay, Conley)

As a fan, would you rather be the Jazz or OKC right now?

You think Rudy is frustrating to watch, just imagine Mason Plumlee.
I love Plumlee. Plays with heart all the time and is pretty dynamic defensively. He's not going to score much, but he gives us much needed heart and desire.

For less than $10 million for next year, I would be happy watching him play 18 mpg next year.

Hello Jazz Nation,

Big fan of the site although I hate when you come to our board to post our personal thoughts on our Ls to the Jazz after gameday.

I have trades I think will benefit everyone in it. Jazz, Hornets, Lakers, Hawks, and Pacers.

I'll start with the Hawks/Pacers: Gallo who has an opt-out for 6 mil/15 for Malcolm Brogdon/31. While this weakens the guard depth for the Pacers, it gives them space so they can avoid the LT next year while building around Haliburton. For Atlanta, gives them a good SG who's versatile and can play with Delon in the 2nd unit and start as well.

What you all care about: THE UTAH JAZZ!

Two major moves: LAL/UTA/CHA

Westbrook to CHA
Hayward and Rozier to UTA
Conley and Bogey to LAL

The UTA-LAL-CHA Trade

For CHA, they get a PG who's expiring who has vet skills and someone that could help them in this current phase. Frees up 48 million in 2023 and gives CHA a lot of money for LaMelo big last year to get another stud to add to the rotation.

Utah gets Hayward back as well as former Louisville star, Rozier who joins Donovan again.

LAL, Gives LA a forward who can shoot lights out who can play off Bron. Conley gives LA is true PG who can play on and off the ball. O'Neale is a good RS rotation piece that gives LA more depth which they lack.

The Blockbuster:

IND-UTA-ATL Trade (Gobert)

Atlanta gets Rudy Gobert, a defensive stalwart.

Indiana gets Kevin Huerter who is beloved by LP and Carilise.

Utah gets John Collins and Myles Turner, perfect fits and makes Utah completely switchable defensively which would help them tremendously.

Questions:

1. What about Capela for Atlanta. He will obviously be moved but Atlanta is targeting a PF. Meaning it could be Capela for a PF or Capela/Bogi for a PF who cost a lot more. He will have a lot of suitors due to his value and his cost of his contract.

2. How good is a Utah with Rozier/Mitchell/Hayward/JC/Turner? If healthy, really good. A lot of switchable players. A lot of shooting. You have two slashers. Rim protection is solid but switchable is high.

3. Do you think we can get a 1st as well with Gobert. Not with that package. If you do a Gobert for Randle deal, you could get one to two 1sts but that doesn't help you at all.

What does Jazz nation think?
Solid ideas.

#1 I don't want Hayward but I would love Rozier.

#2 if Atlanta would trade Collins and Huerter for Rudy, I would rather have Collins and Huerter for Rudy than Collins and Turner. I have a little interest in Turner, but I think Huerter provides elite floor spacing for Donovan and he's signed for the long term on a bargain deal. Plus, Collins can play small ball C.