What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
Stupid idea I had with BKN seeming on the brink with Kyrie/KD, and neither presumably wanting to come to Utah to play with Gobert. It'd need some picks to balance.

PHX In: KD
PHX Out: Ayton/Bridges/picks

BRK In: Donovan/Ayton/?salary/?Picks
BRK Out: KD/Kyrie

MIN In: Kyrie
MIN Out: Russell/McDaniels/?Picks

Utah In: Bridges/Russell/McDaniels/picks
Utah Out: Donovan/?salary (conley or bojan are easiest)

Retool as a defense first team with Bridges/McDaniels at the forward spots, Russell can run an offense though it wouldn't be near as spectacular as with Don at the helm.

Trickiest bit is valuing Kyrie, who knows how the heck much he'll be worth or not worth going forward.

Plus I get to pair Don/Ben in BKN, lol.

Those picks going to the Jazz had better be pretty damn amazing.

The Jazz Wonderbra

Stupid idea I had with BKN seeming on the brink with Kyrie/KD, and neither presumably wanting to come to Utah to play with Gobert. It'd need some picks to balance.

PHX In: KD
PHX Out: Ayton/Bridges/picks

BRK In: Donovan/Ayton/?salary/?Picks
BRK Out: KD/Kyrie

MIN In: Kyrie
MIN Out: Russell/McDaniels/?Picks

Utah In: Bridges/Russell/McDaniels/picks
Utah Out: Donovan/?salary (conley or bojan are easiest)

Retool as a defense first team with Bridges/McDaniels at the forward spots, Russell can run an offense though it wouldn't be near as spectacular as with Don at the helm.

Trickiest bit is valuing Kyrie, who knows how the heck much he'll be worth or not worth going forward.

Plus I get to pair Don/Ben in BKN, lol.
That really isn't bad for any one team. Brooklyn retools with Spida and Ayton. Makes lots of sense.

Phoenix go for the best player in the world and give up some great pieces.

The jazz give up key pieces but get a really promising identity.

None of these trades don't hurt for a team. Good trade proposal imho.

Saint Cy of JFC

In this pod, Michael Scotto and Chris Fedor mention the Cavs are interested in Conley and Bogey, they say a Conley/LeVert swap might interest the Cavs.

View: https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/1529849736211095552

Would hope the Jazz can do better than that.

Levert very talented, but always injured. This only makes sense if the Jazz's focus is saving money.

I guess it's a "Buy Low" kind of thing. You hope Levert can put together a full-season, but that seems pretty unlikely. You are likely just hurting your depth as you will be dealing with an injured Levert.

I'd rather just trade Conley for a couple of rotation players than trying to swing for the fence on Levert (who just leaves the following year if he actually plays well because the Jazz wouldnt be able to afford him).

But if the idea is to just get off the 2nd year so Ryan Smith can save money while taking one last shot this upcoming year, I guess it's a solid move if that's the goal.

Last edited:

SoberasHotRod

o
In this pod, Michael Scotto and Chris Fedor mention the Cavs are interested in Conley and Bogey, they say a Conley/LeVert swap might interest the Cavs.

View: https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/1529849736211095552

I like LeVert, probably more based on his reputation here in Indiana as a good guy/hard worker/good attitude guy than watching him too much. If you can turn him in to more of a catch and shoot shooter vs pull up shooter, he could be more efficient. He can do a little of everything as far as pass a little, rebound a little, defend a very little.

KqWIN

I am not a LeVert guy at all, but hard to consider Conley a positive asset at this point. I would take that deal, try to fool some other team into taking LeVert.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I am not a LeVert guy at all, but hard to consider Conley a positive asset at this point. I would take that deal, try to fool some other team into taking LeVert.
Or just don't extend his deal and hope he plays well or is healthy?

KqWIN

Or just don't extend his deal and hope he plays well or is healthy?

Sure....I think LaVert is simply a better asset at this point and considering age/team situation he might be a better player for us than Conley anyways. I'd be willing to give him a chance, but for me he's always been a reputation guy and never been very good. Still a good way to duck out of Conley's contract. Don't think next year is going to be a good year for him.

LoPo

Locke may have revealed the front office's intentions when he talked about Charlotte's assets in a Gobert trade.
Charlotte has some decent picks:
- 2022 #13
- 2022 #15
- future 1sts

Decent players:
- Rozier ($21.5): 28 years old. Good defender. 4 years guaranteed and about $95 million left on his deal
- PJ Washington ($4.5): 23 years old. Restricted free agent. Complete PF who could be a good long term fit.
- Plumlee ($8.5): 32 years old. Solid workhorse center on an expiring deal.
- Bouknight ($2.9):- 21 years old. Shooting guard with potential. A few years left on rookie deal.
- Kai Jones ($2.9): 21 years old. Center with maybe the ability to spread the floor. Rookie deal.
- JT Thor ($1.5): 19 years old. Project PF early on a rookie deal.

Unless a 3rd team is involved, I see no reason why we have to take Hayward back.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Sure....I think LaVert is simply a better asset at this point and considering age/team situation he might be a better player for us than Conley anyways. I'd be willing to give him a chance, but for me he's always been a reputation guy and never been very good. Still a good way to duck out of Conley's contract. Don't think next year is going to be a good year for him.
Exactly... the idea of Caris has always been better than Caris. I also think we strap this thing together for a year before the blow up... so an expiring deal doesn't sound bad.