What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Or just don't extend his deal and hope he plays well or is healthy?

Sure....I think LaVert is simply a better asset at this point and considering age/team situation he might be a better player for us than Conley anyways. I'd be willing to give him a chance, but for me he's always been a reputation guy and never been very good. Still a good way to duck out of Conley's contract. Don't think next year is going to be a good year for him.

Locke may have revealed the front office's intentions when he talked about Charlotte's assets in a Gobert trade.
Charlotte has some decent picks:
- 2022 #13
- 2022 #15
- future 1sts

Decent players:
- Rozier ($21.5): 28 years old. Good defender. 4 years guaranteed and about $95 million left on his deal
- PJ Washington ($4.5): 23 years old. Restricted free agent. Complete PF who could be a good long term fit.
- Plumlee ($8.5): 32 years old. Solid workhorse center on an expiring deal.
- Bouknight ($2.9):- 21 years old. Shooting guard with potential. A few years left on rookie deal.
- Kai Jones ($2.9): 21 years old. Center with maybe the ability to spread the floor. Rookie deal.
- JT Thor ($1.5): 19 years old. Project PF early on a rookie deal.

Unless a 3rd team is involved, I see no reason why we have to take Hayward back.

Sure....I think LaVert is simply a better asset at this point and considering age/team situation he might be a better player for us than Conley anyways. I'd be willing to give him a chance, but for me he's always been a reputation guy and never been very good. Still a good way to duck out of Conley's contract. Don't think next year is going to be a good year for him.
Exactly... the idea of Caris has always been better than Caris. I also think we strap this thing together for a year before the blow up... so an expiring deal doesn't sound bad.

Charlotte has some decent picks:
- 2022 #13
- 2022 #15
- future 1sts

Decent players:
- Rozier ($21.5): 28 years old. Good defender. 4 years guaranteed and about $95 million left on his deal
- PJ Washington ($4.5): 23 years old. Restricted free agent. Complete PF who could be a good long term fit.
- Plumlee ($8.5): 32 years old. Solid workhorse center on an expiring deal.
- Bouknight ($2.9):- 21 years old. Shooting guard with potential. A few years left on rookie deal.
- Kai Jones ($2.9): 21 years old. Center with maybe the ability to spread the floor. Rookie deal.
- JT Thor ($1.5): 19 years old. Project PF early on a rookie deal.

Unless a 3rd team is involved, I see no reason why we have to take Hayward back.
They have an obvious need as well... going back to Locke... he is literally just going in alphabetical order for every team.

Based on the noise out of Atlanta I don't think center is their priority. If a Rudy trade happens I would bet its Charlotte or Dallas. I think Atlanta and Toronto are lower on the Rudy interest ladder.

A fair number of Blazers fans would trade #7 for #15 and PJ Washington, meaning #7 could be in reach if the Jazz move Gobert to Charlotte. At #7, we'd be looking at Daniels, Eason, Duren, Mathurin, etc.

Blazers still want to trade for Jerami Grant, but think the #15 pick is good enough to acquire him. Blazers can send Bledsoe, K. Johnson and #15 in a separate deal.

A deal would look like this ---

Jazz send Gobert
Jazz receive #7, #13, Rozier, Plumlee -- CHA would draft for us and trade the players to count their salaries.

Hornets send #13, #15, Rozier, Plumlee, Washington
Hornets receive Gobert

Blazers send #7
Blazers receive Washington (TPE), #15.

Jazz draft Dyson Daniels and one of Eason, Williams, Sochan, which starts to build a younger core.

Last edited:
A fair number of Blazers fans would trade #7 for #15 and PJ Washington, meaning #7 could be in reach if the Jazz move Gobert to Charlotte.

At #7, we'd be looking at Daniels, Eason, Duren, Mathurin, etc.
If fan sites predicted what would happen, we'd be tanking 100%.

And you would draft Sochan 100/100 times if you were the Jazz.

Also the thing with trading Gobert for that package and keeping Donovan, then you really need to have some confidence that Mitchell wants to stay long-term, because it's going to take 1-2 for Utah to be a playoff team again.

Also the thing with trading Gobert for that package and keeping Donovan, then you really need to have some confidence that Mitchell wants to stay long-term, because it's going to take 1-2 for Utah to be a playoff team again.

Donovan probably wants to leave the Jazz in the near future, but he can't do it yet. If he demands a trade right now, he's going to end up in Sacramento or Detroit. He's going to wait until he can use his upcoming free agency as leverage to try to steer his destination. Meanwhile, Jazz probably think they can trade Donovan a year from now (or the following trade deadline) and still get a nice package.

At 7. He's gone at 9 if you dont take him.

I know what you were saying. I'm just juking with you. Jazz can get two good, young pieces at #7 and #13. If it were me, I'd be hoping for Daniels and Eason. I have Sochan just a hair behind Eason still.

Duren and Sochan are about on par for me. I still think Sochan can be a real weapon at the 5.

Also, I'd rather trade Mitchell to the Hornets than Gobert.

Mitchell for 13/15/20241st/PJ/Rozier
Jazz would need to make some more moves, but they could field a very good team around Gobert.

Not a Rosier fan at all, but he can give you 75% of what Mitchell gives you with better slightly defense.

It's also not going to happen because it's not going to get that good.

That's the package you get for Mitchell more likely than Gobert.

Charlotte doesn't really want to pay PJ Washington. They want to pay Bridges and Ball. That's why PJ could be available. Mason Plumlee is just another guy. Charlotte likes Rozier though.

Charlotte really, really wants to move Hayward, but that's a tough contract to move.