What's new

Trey-Alec-Gordo-Favors-Enes -9 Last Night in 12 Minutes

Why is that? Kanter isn't a bad player, but why does he make the other three so terrible?

Trade Kanter + this years' first (unprotected) + Burks for Anthony Davis.

Then go get Gary Harris.

Burke/Neto
Harris
Hayward
Davis/Evans
Favors/Gobert

CHAMPIONSHIP

Ya alec was a +11 and kanter was a +6

Trey and haywards shots were both off most of the night (hayward was hitting his shots in the 3rd quarter with alec and kanter on the bench)

Favors had the worst plus minus on the team last night with a negative 9

Sure was fun to watch though, that 4th quarter might have been my favorite quarter to watch of the whole season since i didn't have to see much of marv or jeffy

Good job. How did they do before that game? Let me answer this for you they played together for 19 MIN in 5 games and had a NetRtg of 28.6! It is a small sample size but so is yours. Before I judge if they really work together I need some more PT. After that you can point out what ever you want. Do you really expect these kids to play good together whitout much chemistry?

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];754612 said:

Dont know if New Orleans would do it.
Im a huge burks homer and i like kanter alot and am super excited for our draft pick and even i would make that trade from the jazz side.

Im pretty sure that New Orleans doesn't like kanter or burks as much as i do, so im pretty sure they say no.

Still, good proposal though.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];754621 said:
DAVIS is untouchable. Just dreaming.

The jazz would do that trade in a second.

Agreed

What if the trade was offered after the draft lottery and the jazz had the number #1 pick?

Would new orleans trade Davis for Burks, Kanter, Embiid?
Would the jazz do that trade?

It was the Jazz's worst 5-man unit overall and per minute last night.

It might have to do with the fact that there were just 3! 5-man lineups with 5 or more minutes and the other two lineups were not that much better. And I would rather see that lineup suck than the other two but of course that's just me.

So basically, the Wizards hit some shots and the Jazz missed some shots while those 5 were in the game together. I'm not sure there is a more meaningless stat in basketball than +/- with a small sample size like that.

I'm not sure there is a more meaningless stat in basketball than +/- with a small sample size like that.

Pretty sure GVC actually agrees with you
His role is to kind of be the contrarion and temper everyone and balance things out a bit. (nothing wrong with that)

And yet the Burke-Burks-Hayward-Favors-Kanter combination is still a net positive for the year has a better +/- than 5 of the 7 most commonly used 5 man units by Corbin.

Thought it was worth pointing out.

Also it's worth pointing out that individual +/- is a tenuous statistic at best.

So basically, the Wizards hit some shots and the Jazz missed some shots while those 5 were in the game together. I'm not sure there is a more meaningless stat in basketball than +/- with a small sample size like that.
The post was mostly in response to those in the game thread who seemed to think that lineup won the game for the Jazz (although perhaps I'm misremembering). It was nice to see Burks and Kanter get 30+ minutes; I was getting frustrated waiting for RJ/Marvin to get subbed out in the 3rd.

With that said, I still like Burks and Kanter off the bench for now. Burks should be getting more of RJ's minutes. Hopefully Kanter can find some consistency; the alternating sets of decent to good games and total disasters is hard to watch.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];754612 said:

Then go get Gary Harris.

Burke/Neto
Harris
Hayward
Davis/Evans
Favors/Gobert

CHAMPIONSHIP

wow would they give up Brow? if Brow came out this year, he would be consensus #1 pick.

wow would they give up Brow? if Brow came out this year, he would be consensus #1 pick.