What's new

Trey-Alec-Gordo-Favors-Enes -9 Last Night in 12 Minutes

Its ok bro.... you can just admit that marv took minutes from kanter tonight in that first half.
You asked for an example and i gave you one and it only took the first half of the first game since you asked for the example
Or not, since they're both playing their normal amount of minutes.

Here is what you said

Give an actual example of where MW or RJ have taken meaningful minutes from another player.

Tonight while the minutes were meaningful (close game in the first half) kanter was playing great and marvin was playing bad, yet marvin got more minutes than kanter in the first half.

How is that not an example of marvin taking meaninful minutes from kanter?

Or not, since they're both playing their normal amount of minutes.

As far as this goes..... that is the whole point.
When they get thier normal minutes marvin is taking meaningful minutes from kanter.

Kanter should be averaging more minutes and marvin should be getting less

As far as this goes..... that is the whole point.
When they get thier normal minutes marvin is taking meaningful minutes from kanter.

Kanter should be averaging more minutes and marvin should be getting less
I agree with this wholeheartedly. This has always been the case for Corbin. The plain and simple fact is that it won't change unless DL takes guys like Marvin and Jefferson away from Corbin to even use. No matter how well Kanter and/or Burks play, they'll always have to sit behind guys like this when it should be the other way around.

kanter was playing great and marvin was playing bad
Marv had a double-double (16-11), made all his free throws, and didn't commit a turnover. Kanter matched his score but only grabbed three boards, went 4-6 from the stripe and committed two turnovers. Strange definitions of "great" and "bad" you use.

How is that not an example of marvin taking meaninful minutes from kanter?
Because it didn't REDUCE Kanter's minutes? If you are "taking" minutes you are "reducing" minutes.

If you are just rebadging the "bench MW" argument, Marv's minutes have been cut already (from averaging 28 mins/g in December to 23 this month) with the extra minutes are going to Hayward (from 34 in Dec to 38 in Jan). Enes' minutes are basically the same (21 to 22). Marvin is actually losing time to Hayward and Kanter.

Marv had a double-double (16-11), made all his free throws, and didn't commit a turnover. Kanter matched his score but only grabbed three boards, went 4-6 from the stripe and committed two turnovers. Strange definitions of "great" and "bad" you use.

Tonight while the minutes were meaningful (close game in the first half) kanter was playing great and marvin was playing bad, yet marvin got more minutes than kanter in the first half.

Note that i said first half.
Marv was terrible in the FIRST HALF and kanter was awesome..... yet marv played more minutes than kanter in the first half.

Its like talking to a brick wall

Because it didn't REDUCE Kanter's minutes? If you are "taking" minutes you are "reducing" minutes.

If you are just rebadging the "bench MW" argument, Marv's minutes have been cut already (from averaging 28 mins/g in December to 23 this month) with the extra minutes are going to Hayward (from 34 in Dec to 38 in Jan). Enes' minutes are basically the same (21 to 22). Marvin is actually losing time to Hayward and Kanter.
And if they trade him (and Jefferson) then there's another 45-50 minutes per game to get some youngsters even more time on the court.

The double-double isn't that impressive, Evans and Favors also had one, there were just a lot of missed shots. I'd take Kanter's 16 pts on 6-8 shooting over Williams on 5-10 shooting any day.

The double-double isn't that impressive, Evans and Favors also had one, there were just a lot of missed shots. I'd take Kanter's 16 pts on 6-8 shooting over Williams on 5-10 shooting any day.

Agree 100%
Just wish they'd at least try the Core5 lineup to start and finish games together and give Burks and Kanter a chance to lead over Marv and Jefferson.

Based on how they've all played so far this season, Core5 together to start and finish games with Marvin (stretch 4) and Jefferson (at the 3 with Hayward sliding over to SG) leading the reserves would make me a lot more excited about them playing well and winning. Especially if they get Gobert meaningful minutes in the process. That's not happening with Ty Corbin.

I just can't help but think that Hollins, Karl and/or Hornacek would be getting a heck of a lot more out of this lineup and would feature the Core5 better.

Note that i said first half.
Marv was terrible in the FIRST HALF and kanter was awesome..... yet marv played more minutes than kanter in the first half.

Its like talking to a brick wall
Marv wasn't terrible and Kanter wasn't awesome (3 rebounds for the entire game is awesome?). And if you have to say "only look at the first half" you admit you're only telling half the story.

I just can't help but think that Hollins, Karl and/or Hornacek would be getting a heck of a lot more out of this lineup and would feature the Core5 better.
Really? Hollins and Karl belong to the school of bringing youngsters along slowly, and Horny has been riding his vets this season (thought to be a rebuilding/tank year) instead of playing the young talent on the team. I doubt Trey, Alec, Gordo, Favs and Enes would be getting more PT (they'd likely be getting less).

Really? Hollins and Karl belong to the school of bringing youngsters along slowly, and Horny has been riding his vets this season (thought to be a rebuilding/tank year) instead of playing the young talent on the team. I doubt Trey, Alec, Gordo, Favs and Enes would be getting more PT (they'd likely be getting less).

cant disagree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marv wasn't terrible and Kanter wasn't awesome (3 rebounds for the entire game is awesome?). And if you have to say "only look at the first half" you admit you're only telling half the story.

You asked for an example of marv or rj taking minutes from someone.

You didnt specify a time frame.
Marv took minutes from kanter in the first half and marvin was in fact horrible.

Kanter was awesome in the first half.
3 rebounds in 11 minutes equals out to over 10 per 36 btw

Marv took meaningful minutes from kanter in the first half last night.

Its ok to agree with that statement bro. (Especially since it is an obvious fact)

Really? Hollins and Karl belong to the school of bringing youngsters along slowly.

Curious if karl and hollins bring the youngsters along slowly in the years that thier teams were rebuilding and when they had like half of thier team, that also happen to be thier better players, under 24 years old

Horny has been riding his vets this season (thought to be a rebuilding/tank year) instead of playing the young talent on the team. I doubt Trey, Alec, Gordo, Favs and Enes would be getting more PT (they'd likely be getting less).

The Suns have made financial committments to their veterans - Dragic, Green and Channing all have multiple years remaining on their contracts. And they traded one of their vets in the preseason to give more minutes to Plumlee. The only young player you can make an arguement for more minutes is Len - and he's playing behind Plumlee. Statisically, Archie Goodwin may be the worst guard in the NBA.

I think Utah is the only place you'll find a revolving door of one-and-done fair to middling veterans getting playing time in front of their developing players.

Yeah.. Suns having a similar dilemma with playing Frye over Markieff like Jazz' playing Marvin over Kanter. But they're at 7th spot, even though i expect them to fall out of play-off range eventually they're making a push for the play-offs. And Kanter>>>Markieff and Frye>>>Marvin.. so the vet that Horny riding better than Corbins and im pretty sure if Phoenix hasnt been in this situation and been one of the teams at the bottom (as expected before the season) their FO wouldnt hesitate to trade Frye away.

Yeah.. Suns having a similar dilemma with playing Frye over Markieff like Jazz' playing Marvin over Kanter. But they're at 7th spot, even though i expect them to fall out of play-off range eventually they're making a push for the play-offs. And Kanter>>>Markieff and Frye>>>Marvin.. so the vet that Horny riding better than Corbins and im pretty sure if Phoenix hasnt been in this situation and been one of the teams at the bottom (as expected before the season) their FO wouldnt hesitate to trade Frye away.

And like candrew said.... suns vets are under contract past this year