What's new

Trey-Alec-Gordo-Favors-Enes -9 Last Night in 12 Minutes

Too small of a sample size. It is interesting, but I'd like to see the rest of the season with these guys starting together. Watch them figure it out, or we lose every ****ing game and get Wiggins.

That's a dream of the past since the post is a black hole by design. There are so few assists available that it's meaningless in the grand scheme. Best to dominate and get other bigs in foul trouble.

There is a triangle screen for a three option that could be deadly, but that requires a player who can catch and shoot like Peja in addition to a top flight post presence who can crush quick coming doubles. It's my dream offense.

What if the trade was offered after the draft lottery and the jazz had the number #1 pick?

Would new orleans trade Davis for Burks, Kanter, Embiid?
Would the jazz do that trade?

Wiggins and Embiid both have a higher ceiling than Davis IMO, sooooo....I wouldn't do it. But I'm a Wiggins homer.

Perfect. They learn how to make it work now and lose games in the process. Where is the downside?
If they're losing, are they necessarily learning how to make it work?

If they get a top pick who makes sense in the starting lineup, would it make more sense to get a player or two prepared to play a 6th man role (Alec/Kanter)?

This is depressing. But did anyone see that nice post pass inside to Favors from Kanter? I wish Kanter could do more of that.

wow would they give up Brow? if Brow came out this year, he would be consensus #1 pick.

I know you didn't suggest this trade but there is no way Davis is worth that especially after watching Burks and Kanter play well again. So our pick brings us either Wiggins or Embiid or Parker which only makes the trade that much worse. Jazz are going to need depth on the team because they aren't going to be able to sign every player so a 3 for 1 is risky business especially since Anthony Davis already missed time with a significant injury. What happens if Davis leaves after his rookie contract, then the trade even looks dumber.

It is never worth pointing out +/-. It is a useless stat.
Scoring margin for a 5-man unit that people are interested in is useless? I agree it's not terribly useful/predictive over a single game (except to assess statements about the effectiveness of an in-game lineup), but over longer stretches of games it gives an incredibly useful piece of information (adjusting for quality of opposing unit makes the stat incredibly useful).

I know you didn't suggest this trade but there is no way Davis is worth that especially after watching Burks and Kanter play well again. So our pick brings us either Wiggins or Embiid or Parker which only makes the trade that much worse. Jazz are going to need depth on the team because they aren't going to be able to sign every player so a 3 for 1 is risky business especially since Anthony Davis already missed time with a significant injury. What happens if Davis leaves after his rookie contract, then the trade even looks dumber.

Wouldn't doing a 3 for one only mean they are more likely to sign every player they have?

Edit: also, Davis is a max player. Jazz would have his rights and he would be here for at least 3 years beyond his rookie contract.

Last edited:
If they're losing, are they necessarily learning how to make it work?

If they get a top pick who makes sense in the starting lineup, would it make more sense to get a player or two prepared to play a 6th man role (Alec/Kanter)?

Thats legit.
But if we dont get a top pick then we make need enes or alec to start next year too. Lol. just messin with ya

Good post.

I would do the trade if our pick is 8th or later. Burks, kanter, and 8,9, or 10 for davis.
New orleans wouldn't though. Especially since they probably dont value burks and kanter like we do.... New orleans probably think burks and kanter are busts and thats why they cant even start on a bottom feeder team.

Scoring margin for a 5-man unit that people are interested in is useless? I agree it's not terribly useful/predictive over a single game (except to assess statements about the effectiveness of an in-game lineup), but over longer stretches of games it gives an incredibly useful piece of information (adjusting for quality of opposing unit makes the stat incredibly useful).

I liked the stat..... And i think it shows alot.
Last night the core 5 were not that great together..... in fact in the game thread i posted how i was so excited to see them out there together in the first half.... then my very next post said "they are getting thier butts kicked out there"

It seems a lot of people on here still don't get it, even experienced Jazz fans and posters. Who cares how we do this season. I get bored watching the meaningless minutes played by Jeffy and Marvin who are taking away valuable learning minutes from Kanter, Burks, and Gobert. Geez, Kanter and Burks have already had their development slowed enough by brain dead. This is about the future, not today. This is why we let all the vets go last year. Look at how the Hawks are playing, makes you wonder if we should not have let Sap and JYD go, but this was the reason, and not to play a couple of vets who are lesser players than them.

Plus there's the draft pick involved. We already have lost valuable picks because of brain dead trying to win games that we needed to lose.

If the Jazz forced this lineup since the start of the season relentlessly, then at least they could have a more solid opinion on each and every one of those players, their chemistry and team play by the end of the season. I say make up your frigging mind and form your starting line up again. Make'em learn how to deal with tough situations even though they've faced worse the other night, or bunch of losses in a row.