What's new

True Detective

How old was the one-eyed dude in the last episode? 136?

Haha. I was thinking the same thing. He didn’t age enough considering 25 years had passed.

I really liked that season a lot and the ending for the most part. Considering all his supposed grief, I thought one-eyes dudes narration of what had happened seemed a little, I don’t know, casual and insensitive.

I really liked Dorff more and more as the season went along. He was great. As was Ali of course.

Just thinking. If Rooker had nothing to do with it which is what black dude essentially said and Rooker himself said, then why the whole charade in the woods? To protect his image and brand I guess but that could have been subtlety alluded to.

Really excited for a season 4. Pizz, multiple times, has said he’s got a “wild” (his words, not mine) idea for the season.

Just thinking. If Rooker had nothing to do with it which is what black dude essentially said and Rooker himself said, then why the whole charade in the woods? To protect his image and brand I guess but that could have been subtlety alluded to.

Hoyt got involved after the fact as Lucy was most certainly extorting him for more money to keep her mouth shut.

The cousin and Tom too - although, in the south, Tom coming on his property with a gun is more than a justifiable reason to blow him away.

Hoyt got involved after the fact as Lucy was most certainly extorting him for more money to keep her mouth shut.

The cousin and Tom too - although, in the south, Tom coming on his property with a gun is more than a justifiable reason to blow him away.

Tom was already dead. Wasn’t the cousin maybe as well since they couldn’t find his body?

The three timelines left me a little all over the place I guess.

Was the scene on the cliff last night before Lucy OD’ed though?

Was the scene on the cliff last night before Lucy OD’ed though?

It was after. The scene on the cliff was in 1990 - Lucy "OD'ed" in 1988.

I think it's safe to say Hoyt at least knew about Lucy's murder if not outright ordered it.

And remember the cousin was seen with the one-eyed dude in the bar Lucy worked at - he was probably trying to run his own extortion scheme as well.

The whole point of the season was that the actual investigation didn't matter.

The more I think about the season, the more I appreciate it.

Haha. I was thinking the same thing. He didn’t age enough considering 25 years had passed.

I really liked that season a lot and the ending for the most part. Considering all his supposed grief, I thought one-eyes dudes narration of what had happened seemed a little, I don’t know, casual and insensitive.

I really liked Dorff more and more as the season went along. He was great. As was Ali of course.

Really excited for a season 4. Pizz, multiple times, has said he’s got a “wild” (his words, not mine) idea for the season.
Rooker kept a girl in a basement for years drugged up with his psychotic daughter who killed a kid he was paying for her to hang out with. Of course he wants that **** hidden.

It was after. The scene on the cliff was in 1990 - Lucy "OD'ed" in 1988.

I think it's safe to say Hoyt at least knew about Lucy's murder if not outright ordered it.

And remember the cousin was seen with the one-eyed dude in the bar Lucy worked at - he was probably trying to run his own extortion scheme as well.
The one eyed dude was just a caretaker. I doubt he did anything explicitly wrong. That's why they hired the cop to take care of everything.

Hoyt kept a distance. Its why he paid the head of security so much. He paid him to keep everything under wraps so he could keep his hands as clean as possible. I doubt he ever explicitly said anything.

In this whole story the only real bad person IMO is the mom.

The whole point of the season was that the actual investigation didn't matter.

The more I think about the season, the more I appreciate it.
Rooker kept a girl in a basement for years drugged up with his psychotic daughter who killed a kid he was paying for her to hang out with. Of course he wants that **** hidden.

Hoyt didn’t keep her there drugged up. Junius’ retelling is that Isabelle did that for years. There was never any implication that Hoyt had anything to do with it or even knew about it.

Like you, however, I’m skeptical to purely believe that. It’s ambiguous and I feel like when Hoyt walked away from Hays’, no matter what he said and how genuine it felt, there’s still some assumption he was involved.

I was sort of hoping Hoyt and Hays were gonna talk, it wasn’t gonna go anywhere.

“We’re just going in circles here” - Hoyt, as an allusion to season one.

And then Hoyt was going to give him a 60 seconds head start, at which point Hoyt would begin a “safari.” Hunter vs Hunter.

Any particular archetype of a cop any of you would to see?

Or settings?

Pizz already said he can’t stand the cold and wouldn’t do Canada which leaves out anything in the far North I assume.

He lived in Austin (like Louisiana, LA, and Ark) for a little while. Wonder if he’d do a season there or how much if any atmosphere that even has for a dark, policer.

Any particular archetype of a cop any of you would to see?

Or settings?

Pizz already said he can’t stand the cold and wouldn’t do Canada which leaves out anything in the far North I assume.

He lived in Austin (like Louisiana, LA, and Ark) for a little while. Wonder if he’d do a season there or how much if any atmosphere that even has for a dark, policer.

The desert or somewhere along the Appalachian mountains.

My immediate reaction was negative, which is why I appreciate it now.

I was kind of like the one eyed man. I was expecting a dramatic ending of death and revenge.

You should know by now the show’s not like that. The show is about the detectives, not the case. He’s made that clear.

Also, Amelia died in her sleep, in 2012 iirc. He will answer questions when people ask them online.

Edit: He was not happy with the final cut. HBO axed a decent amount. He legit said, “Sigh” at one point when someone asked.