What's new

True Detective

Also, I think the "not my dad" thing is about the police guy. I think hes part of the ring and abused her in the pink room as her "dad"

Also, I think the "not my dad" thing is about the police guy. I think hes part of the ring and abused her in the pink room as her "dad"

I thought that too. It would explain why they were so quick to pin everything on Woodard. But after she said that, I thought she said, “The guy who is going on tv and saying he’s my dad.” Which the cop didn’t say. But yeah, I thought that.

I actually looked at the majors name tag closely last night too to see if it said Childress. It did not.

Okay after some thinking and re-thinking, here goes:

The black guy with the messed up eye from episode 6 was with Lucy in his brown car. They were banging and even in love. She’d met him at the Hoyt factory where they both worked years before. This would explain his unusual anger at the book signing. He felt guilty about the boy’s death and girl’s runaway. He and Lucy were involved. There just wasn’t anything evil going on. Maybe they met up with kids and told them they were leaving together. A new home. A new life. Happier. Lucy maybe even mentioned in her unstable ways how Purcell wasn't her real dad anyway. (Either this or the kids caught them out there banging in the car)...Either way, in the ensuing arguing going on, the boy slipped and hit his head on rock and died. They moved him into communion position. It would explain why those little dolls were out there. Black guy had them in his brown car. It would also explain why they were set up as a runway of sorts leading people to the body, as Hayes alluded to in episode one.

The girl, right when it happened, ran away knowing she couldn’t go home because of Lucy. Went to Hoyt for help since he was known and had money and power to help. But he had pederass ring which she escaped after some time. A few years maybe? She went to the shelter. Met up with Arden boy who she loved. But she's still ****ed up in 1990. Called the hotline to say that man isn't my dad...maybe she's twisted and meant the cop but so messed up it didn’t come out right. That cop at the presser had been one of the adults who abused her. Hence why they were so quick to pin crime on Woodard.

This makes complete sense I think.

Last edited:
I deleted a few of my earlier ideas so as not to confuse people. My previous play is my theory. Makes a ton of sense.

Okay after some thinking and re-thinking, here goes:

The girl, right when it happened, ran away knowing she couldn’t go home because of Lucy. Went to Hoyt for help since he was known and had money and power to help. But he had pederass ring which she escaped after some time. A few years maybe? She went to the shelter. Met up with Arden boy who she loved. But she's still ****ed up in 1990. Called the hotline to say that man isn't my dad...maybe she's twisted and meant the cop but so messed up it didn’t come out right. That cop at the presser had been one of the adults who abused her. Hence why they were so quick to pin crime on Woodard.

This makes complete sense I think.

Pretty close - I think Lucy sold her daughter outright to Hoyt so she can get away from her husband and start a new life. The killing of her brother probably wasn't intended but happened because he knew where to look for her immediately after she was abducted.

The old one-eyed dude probably worked as a courier by delivering Julie from the abductors to Hoyt.

Crazy side theory - Hays' wife was the abductor. Being it had to be someone they would trust. Which is why she wrote that book that Hays knew was BS.

But more than likely Lucy's cousin was the abductor.

Last edited:
Pretty close - I think Lucy sold her daughter outright to Hoyt so she can get away from her husband and start a new life. The killing of her brother probably wasn't intended but happened because he knew where to look for her immediately after she was abducted.

The old one-eyed dude probably worked as a courier by delivering Julie from the abductors to Hoyt.

Crazy side theory - Hays' wife was the abductor. Being it had to be someone they would trust. Which is why she wrote that book that Hays knew was BS.

But more than likely Lucy's cousin was the abductor.

Don’t buy much if any of that.

Don’t buy much if any of that.

Then you probably won't buy this - I don't think there is a pederast ring.

Hoyt took Julie either for her own or for her daughter after her granddaughter died - that "pink room" was where they kept her in the house. They either got tired of her when she became a pain in the *** teenager or she ran away.

Hoyt took Julie either for her own or for her daughter after her granddaughter died - that "pink room" was where they kept her in the house. They either got tired of her when she became a pain in the *** teenager or she ran away.

I’ve thought this. The end of the last episode makes us think she was abused there...blah blah blah...maybe you’re right. And she gets a happy ending with her real “father” who’s been a huge mess the whole season.

There’s just so much Knights Templar stuff though and it wouldn’t explain Harris’ unusual salary, nor the girls disappearing comment by the runaway...My wife also started to tell me something about the final episode and I stopped her. Told her I didn’t want to know. But the little I do know makes me think it’s spmethig much grander.

@Bulletproof

Come back!!!

Also, I lol’ed right before you deactivated because I thought you were being overly sensitive about Dutch or KKKarolina or whomever. Easy for me to say take it easy as they don’t bother me, but yeah, they’re just shtick. Nothing more.

(Okay Dutch is real but he’s just a harmless Moran)

If anyone has 5-10 minutes, read the OP’s theory. Genius. I don’t think it leads to answers (other than Nic is anti-institution) but the fact that Pizz works this **** in and it’s so layered is cool.

I’m starting to lean toward this actually.

Okay here goes:

Lucy wanted an easier life and drug money, so she sold Julie to Hoyt who is her dad. We’ve seen Julie’s drawings of the Pink Room/Hoyt house previously so she’s likely been to Hoyt’s home before.

I think the black dude with one eye at the book signing was the courier. I’m just really unsure how they met up with kids in the woods. How was it all choreographed? Did Lucy know the kids go there and she told Hoyt and Hoyt sent black dude with Lucy so Lucy could break the news to them? It went wrong? Son died by accident. Lucy put him in communion position as I said. Black dude laid out dolls. They split with Julie and brought her to Hoyt’s???

I’m thinking once Julie got older, Harris decides he can sell Julie, unbeknownst to Hoyt. To The uncle. Hence him asking for $7,000. She finds out and splits before the transaction can take place meeting up with Ardoin. They’re both about 20 at that point. Somewhat simultaneously, Tom stumbled into her room (how last episode ended) thinking they kidnapped her but she wasn’t. That was just her bedroom—though that would be weird to have a bedroom down there. Tom kills Harris James in a fit of rage and with Roland and Hays’ help, dispose of his body, as at the moment, it seems they kidnapped her...but she wasn’t...they push Harris in his car into the water of the quarry. At some point, Hoyt too finds out that the uncle tried to buy Julie for 7,000. He hunts him down safari style and kills him.

15 years later, Roland and Hays track her down and reunite her with Purcell. A happy ending.

No pedo ring. Not as completely dark as it’s seemed.

My biggest hope is that Marie Fontenot from season one ties in, thus leaving, a grand conspiracy/KT possibility/out there. Heck, Pizz has said he already has an idea for season 4 and that it’s wild.

Remember, Fontenot went missing in 1990. I’m thinking Hoyt was both Fontenot’s and Julie’s dad.

I think the black dude with one eye at the book signing was the courier. I’m just really unsure how they met up with kids in the woods. How was it all choreographed? Did Lucy know the kids go there and she told Hoyt and Hoyt sent black dude with Lucy so Lucy could break the news to them? It went wrong? Son died by accident. Lucy put him in communion position as I said. Black dude laid out dolls. They split with Julie and brought her to Hoyt’s???

This is where I'm counting on a Nick P. mind **** - who was the go-between that delivered Julie to the old one-eyed dude? Apparently Julie and her brother had been out alone with them on several occasions (when they said they were at the kids house with the dog).

It had to have been someone they trusted.

I'm not saying it's Hay's wife but she's way to clean for a Nick P. female character - she had to have done something ****ed up.