What's new

Trump has been removed from the Colorado ballot (but not really)

Oh ye of little faith:

This is what’s fueling anti democratic authoritarianism in our country. One side doesn’t think the rules and norms apply to them. Leaving Biden off the ballot is just more childish behavior by a cult led by Donald Trump. Whereas Co leaving Trump off the ballot is the direct result of Trump’s own illegal actions.

If our democracy is to survive then both parties must be committed to upholding the law.

The last 8 years almost have been a repeat of the same nonsense where Donald says/does something awful and the GOP just plays its whatabout game. They could’ve ended him after the access Hollywood tape leaked. They didn’t. They could’ve ended him after he blackmailed Zelensky. They could’ve ended him after Jan 6.

We need to stop blaming Democrats and the handful of principled Republicans for trying to hold Trump accountable. It’s time to recognize that the GOP is an anti-democratic force that sees its only path to success through anti-democratic institutions like the EC and processes like gerrymandering, packing the court with loyalists, flooding the zone with **** propaganda and disinformation, and voter suppression.

Last edited:
So what if a republican state decides to remove Biden from their ballot because in their eyes he’s been involved in nefarious dealings and benefited from his families dealings with a foreign country ?? Fair or no ??
I'll give you a better example: the BLM riots. There were government buildings that were attacked in the BLM riots and an activist judge would not have to stretch things very far to classify the BLM riots as an insurrection. There are many politicians who spoke publicly in a way that could be seen as supportive of the effort, and with a precedent of speaking being enough to classify a politician as involvement, an activist judge to disqualify hundreds of politicians.

There is zero chance this holds up through the US Supreme Court. This was nothing but destructive. It was bomb throwing. There is nothing good that will come out of the Colorado State Supreme Court decision.

I'll give you a better example: the BLM riots. There were government buildings that were attacked in the BLM riots and an activist judge would not have to stretch things very far to classify the BLM riots as an insurrection. There are many politicians who spoke publicly in a way that could be seen as supportive of the effort, and with a precedent of speaking being enough to classify a politician as involvement, an activist judge to disqualify hundreds of politicians.

There is zero chance this holds up through the US Supreme Court. This was nothing but destructive. It was bomb throwing. There is nothing good that will come out of the Colorado State Supreme Court decision.

mostly i just think it was such a dumb move .. Trump wasn't going to win that state anyway and all they've done is given him more sympathy to those who think he's being victimised

Mate do you not understand the specific merits of such actions isn’t the point ?? This will open a can of worms for people the other side to justify indulging in *** for tat regardless of the particular merits of what they assert. The legal arguement/interpretation isn’t the point.
Without a legal leg to stand on, this stuff doesn't get far. Witness 60 cases of election fraud and a dead-on-arrival impeachment investigation.

The clown hasn’t even been charged in a court of law
Not that it's relevant, but Trump has been formally charged in the documents case, in Georgia, for election interference, and in DC for insurrection.

let alone convicted of insurrection….
Why is this relevant?

It’s a drastic step to take without someone having been convicted and it absolutely does open up the probability of this being used for good or bad purposes.
If you think Republicans are being held back by some notion of precedent, you have not been paying attention to US politics.

Oh ye of little faith:

If Texas is going to do it then California can too!!!!

I'll give you a better example: the BLM riots. There were government buildings that were attacked in the BLM riots and an activist judge would not have to stretch things very far to classify the BLM riots as an insurrection.
Outside of CHOP, that would be a pretty big stretch.

There is zero chance this holds up through the US Supreme Court.
Agreed.

This was nothing but destructive. It was bomb throwing.
Exaggeration.

If you think Republicans are being held back by some notion of precedent, you have not been paying attention to US politics.

i don't believe i said that at all. Neither side has been holding back. My point is the more these unusual legal manoeuvres are utilized the more it's open slather for bad actors to justify using any means they can. That is human nature and the nature of politics.

This was such a dumb move by the people in Colorado Pointless

Lol at the comparison.
Trump created everything that happened. He put forth the fake electors. He made the phone call asking for votes that didn't exist. He told pence not to count the vote. He told everyone the election was stolen when he knew it wasn't. He held a rally on the exact same day as the count. He told the mob to march and fight. He sat around and did nothing while the attack happened.
If not for Trump, it's a normal election.

BLM riots happened because a cop kneeled on a dudes neck until he died. You want that cops name to be taken off the ballot? I agree. That's you're comparison. Right there.
Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So what if a republican state decides to remove Biden from their ballot because in their eyes he’s been involved in nefarious dealings and benefited from his families dealings with a foreign country ?? Fair or no ??
If Biden’s convicted of a crime, then I have no problem with him being removed from the ballot.

mostly i just think it was such a dumb move .. Trump wasn't going to win that state anyway and all they've done is given him more sympathy to those who think he's being victimised
Agreed. It was a dumb move. It doesn't change anything.

If Biden’s convicted of a crime, then I have no problem with him being removed from the ballot.

that's my point, anyone convicted of a crime following due legal process fine, but regardless of what you think of the orange clown he hasn't been convicted of anything. It just looks like an ugly ugly overreach.

that's my point, anyone convicted of a crime following due legal process fine, but regardless of what you think of the orange clown he hasn't been convicted of anything. It just looks like an ugly ugly overreach.
Ah, so you think if trump was convicted then it would be all good. Lol.
Then it's simply a democratic witch hunt and unfair trial and corrupt judge etc etc etc and all ya'll who like to defend Trump just continue to defend him. A conviction ain't gonna sway of his defenders. They will just support him even more.
He could shoot someone on 5th avenue and not lose any supporters.

Hell he already has losses in court for a fake university, for stealing from a charity, for sexual assault, and the trump organization for financial crimes.

How many crimes does he get to commit before people think of him as a criminal?

Ah, so you think if trump was convicted then it would be all good. Lol.
Then it's simply a democratic witch hunt and unfair trial and corrupt judge etc etc etc and all ya'll who like to defend Trump just continue to defend him. A conviction ain't gonna sway of his defenders. They will just support him even more.
He could shoot someone on 5th avenue and not lose any supporters.

Hell he already has losses in court for a fake university, for stealing from a charity, for sexual assault, and the trump organization for financial crimes.

How many crimes does he get to commit before people think of him as a criminal?

dude i can't stand the guy, if you can find where i defend him go ahead. I don't give a toss about persuading his supporters. But you have to follow due legal process or it just becomes a farce. If you can't see the difference between whether someone is legally convicted or not and how that is the threshold then whatever

dude i can't stand the guy, if you can find where i defend him go ahead. I don't give a toss about persuading his supporters. But you have to follow due legal process or it just becomes a farce. If you can't see the difference between whether someone is legally convicted or not and how that is the threshold then whatever
The point is that convictions don't matter when it comes to trump.

The point is that convictions don't matter when it comes to trump.

for his supporters sure. As far as this issue goes has he had a conviction yet with something that relates to eligibility for running for office ?

i don't believe i said that at all. Neither side has been holding back. My point is the more these unusual legal manoeuvres are utilized the more it's open slather for bad actors to justify using any means they can. That is human nature and the nature of politics.
You repeated what I said after denying you were saying it.

for his supporters sure. As far as this issue goes has he had a conviction yet with something that relates to eligibility for running for office ?
Would that matter? He gets convicted of all 91 charges against him currently. So a couple blue states take him off the ballot where he wouldn't get any electoral votes anyways.
His supporters just love him as their martyr/savior even more.

Nothing matters when it comes to trump. Too big of a sample size of crime after crime after crime and horrible deplorable disgusting behavior for DECADES!
And even his so called haters like yourself are still like, wait guys. Let's give him a chance. Let's not be too hasty. He deserves another day in court before we judge him.
This isn't some dude applying at home Depot. This guy is trying for the most visible and powerful job in the world
Nothing matters anymore when it comes to trump.

Would that matter? He gets convicted of all 91 charges against him currently. So a couple blue states take him off the ballot where he wouldn't get any electoral votes anyways.
His supporters just love him as their martyr/savior even more.

Nothing matters when it comes to trump. Too big of a sample size of crime after crime after crime and horrible deplorable disgusting behavior for DECADES!
And even his so called haters like yourself are still like, wait guys. Let's give him a chance. Let's not be too hasty. He deserves another day in court before we judge him.
This isn't some dude applying at home Depot. This guy is trying for the most visible and powerful job in the world
Nothing matters anymore when it comes to trump.

i think you're deliberately mischaracterising what i'm saying because you hate him so much. That's cool, i'm gonna leave it now