What's new

Update - November 2017

@Darkwing Duck Tweets page re-added to top menu. Thanks.

@NAOS Let me know if that isn't what you hoped for activity feed and I can work on something. I know a few use that.

new profile posts.... i see posts from 2014. maybe not too new? haha
Profile posts are something we didn't really use before. They're like a status message, like a tweet. Figured I'd leave it there to see if it's used.

Immediate reactions:
* mobile site looks good
* desktop site layout is much too narrow. So much unused space on the left and right hand sides is super annoying
* The function that keeps track of the last post you've viewed in the thread did not make the transition properly for me. There are a ton of threads where it thinks I've got unviewed posts when I shouldn't. And in threads where I DO have unviewed posts, it's taking me back a week or two when it should just be a couple of days.

The trophy concept is new for us and likely to change. You got a bunch of trophies at once because it is new and you get backwards credit for rep/likes/time/posts you had before. So it does look like you got a bunch at once, because you did.

As for what trophies exist - all subject to change. But here's a link describing what's available today:

https://jazzfanz.com/help/trophies

And here's a link to current trophy leaders:

https://jazzfanz.com/members/?type=points

As you can see, there's room to grow :)

Yeah--for example the site owner who only has 83 trophies instead of 113 clearly needs to do higher quality posts. ;-)

Immediate reactions:
* mobile site looks good
* desktop site layout is much too narrow. So much unused space on the left and right hand sides is super annoying
* The function that keeps track of the last post you've viewed in the thread did not make the transition properly for me. There are a ton of threads where it thinks I've got unviewed posts when I shouldn't. And in threads where I DO have unviewed posts, it's taking me back a week or two when it should just be a couple of days.

A couple of others:
* The reply box is too small.
* On the plus side, pages seem to load faster and button clicks are more responsive.

thank you admin. not sure who designs this but I appreciate it! go jazz!

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

No quote box or spoiler box option, not even if you click "more options..."

@Jason - It won't let me start new threads, LOL. There's no "new thread" button or equivalent, and all of the forums have this message at the bottom: "(You have insufficient privileges to post here.)"

Testing to see if you can manually do a spoiler box:

this is a horrible spoiler

@Bulletproof - yes you can. For now just type out "spoiler" and "/spoiler" between brackets to start and stop the spoiler. Same thing with quotes.

This was typed
this is a fabulous quote

via this command
Code:
[quote]this is a fabulous quote[/quote]

Another thing for @Jason - I just noticed avatars are being forced to be square, regardless of actual dimensions. My "Newton's cradle" avatar was actually rectangular, more width than height.

On the plus side, it seems to be working fine for the threads I've viewed since the update, so in time the issue will disappear on its own.

This looks great so far! Obviously some tweaking is still needed but I'm digging the change. Thanks Jason.

testing:
Is this a quote?
Code:
 Some Code
Strikethrough
Centered text​
[NOPARSE]Not bold[/NOPARSE]
[B]Not bold[/B]
[PLAIN][B]Plain tag[/B][/PLAIN]
A spoiler

Last edited:
No dislike anymore? And whats up with these trophies? What are they good for?

Not a big deal, but maybe forward the old "https://jazzfanz.com/activity.php" page so it drops you to the new default landing spot. Some people may have that one bookmarked or their browser autofills it in, and it results in an error page where you have to click 'forums' to get to the right spot