What's new

Utah Jazz 2018-19 Championship Bus CHOO CHOO

This thread is funny. We're just not very good. We might make the playoffs, and maaaaybe get a good matchup and win a series. But without a major adjustment to the personnel, that's our ceiling. Most likely scenario is squeezing into the playoffs for a first round exit.

Not a fan of the Jazz being screwed again with a tough schedule to start the season. I know it all evens out but still..
Screwed, not sure. Jazz don't play sundays and that factors in.

This thread is funny. We're just not very good. We might make the playoffs, and maaaaybe get a good matchup and win a series. But without a major adjustment to the personnel, that's our ceiling. Most likely scenario is squeezing into the playoffs for a first round exit.
Ya winning a playoff series might be our ceiling this year. But A. That's ok. We are team that is still growing and need 1 more piece. Making noise in the playoffs might entice that piece to want to join the jazz.
And B. Something crazy could happen in the playoffs. There could be some injuries. A few of our guys could play out of their minds and our team gets hot/lucky at the right time. Then you never know what could happen.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Ya winning a playoff series might be our ceiling this year. But A. That's ok. We are team that is still growing and need 1 more piece. Making noise in the playoffs might entice that piece to want to join the jazz.
And B. Something crazy could happen in the playoffs. There could be some injuries. A few of our guys could play out of their minds and our team gets hot/lucky at the right time. Then you never know what could happen.

If we win one series, we aren't getting that 1 piece. We need to make the West Finals to turn the head of that type player. Well, we won't beat GS or the Lakers with our current team.

I find it extremely sad but predictable that we need an opposing team injury to have a chance at the West Conference Finals. And we are in this situation because we weren't aggressive enough to try something like Bjelica, Randle, etc.

And guess what - if we strike out on Mirotic, Tobias, Randle, or some PG upgrade, we will rinse and repeat with Favors and Rubio. But hey, we might win 2 2nd round games this year......

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

If we win one series, we aren't getting that 1 piece. We need to make the West Finals to turn the head of that type player. Well, we won't beat GS or the Lakers with our current team.

I find it extremely sad but predictable that we need an opposing team injury to have a chance at the West Conference Finals. And we are in this situation because we weren't aggressive enough to try something like Bjelica, Randle, etc.

And guess what - if we strike out on Mirotic, Tobias, Randle, or some PG upgrade, we will rinse and repeat with Favors and Rubio. But hey, we might win 2 2nd round games this year......

I'm glass half full kinda guy. To each their own

I’m with you, a deep run in the playoffs does it for me, at that point many things can happen like you said.
Last season the playoffs were bad ***
Ya I had so much fun last season. If this season ends the same way I will be happy.

I’m with you, a deep run in the playoffs does it for me, at that point many things can happen like you said.
Last season the playoffs were bad ***
We will have to together for another playoff game next spring

We actually have the exact same record as we did at this point last year, 13-15. Last year from this point we went on to lose 9 of our next 12 games, I don't see that happening this year. The schedule has been absolutely brutal and continues to be throughout most of December but after that it eases up dramatically. We're going to be fine. It sucks to get off to another slow start but we'll make up for it the second half of the season.

Exactly. We aren't going to lose 9 of our next 12. At worse we'll play .500 ball until then. Then the schedule eases up. Barring injury (knock on wood) I'm predicting somewhere between 48-51 wins this season. What's crazy is that might only be enough to squeak into the playoffs!

LOL major adjustment. I think Utah needs to add one piece. One solid piece. And we compete for the conference title and championship.

I'm with @fishonjazz

LOL major adjustment. I think Utah needs to add one piece. One solid piece. And we compete for the conference title and championship.

I'm with @fishonjazz

One solid piece is a major adjustment. We need a 20+ ppg scorer, at the very least. Really, we need a good shooter at the 4 and an upgrade at the PG. Which is a massive change that the Jazz will not be able to accomplish.

One solid piece is a major adjustment. We need a 20+ ppg scorer, at the very least. Really, we need a good shooter at the 4 and an upgrade at the PG. Which is a massive change that the Jazz will not be able to accomplish.

Disagree about the PG. We may be able to sign Rubio for pretty cheap, and I think his early season struggles will fade in the rearview mirror as the season progresses. 20+ppg? Nah. We need someone to consistently put up 15. I wouldn't call that major. You and I set the bar differently, I guess, about what constitutes "major." I think we already have our two major pieces in Rudy and Mitchell. Your take isn't crazy, though.

Disagree about the PG. We may be able to sign Rubio for pretty cheap, and I think his early season struggles will fade in the rearview mirror as the season progresses. 20+ppg? Nah. We need someone to consistently put up 15. I wouldn't call that major. You and I set the bar differently, I guess, about what constitutes "major." I think we already have our two major pieces in Rudy and Mitchell. Your take isn't crazy, though.

You think the difference between a marginal 8th seed and a championship contender is some 15 ppg role player? If all the Jazz do is resign Rubio and find an inferior replacement for Favors, then they will have wasted Gobert's prime.

The Jazz right now are very mediocre. They very much CAN miss the playoffs. And they're ways away from competing with the likes of GSW. We need 2 pieces WITH growth from Mitchell so we can build a contender after the Warriors decline.

But then again, this board was celebrating the acquisition of Korver like we got Lebron. So I am sure mediocrity will be defended to death.

Considering what all have you have said, we are going to make the playoffs and likely compete well in the first round. I agree with that.

What @Alfalfa and I are saying is this - we can take this really good team and make them a borderline contender if we are aggressive. How valuable is our 1st to us when Ingles, Korver, Crowder and Gobert have a limited window of relevance? How about expirings like Thabo?

We are an aggressive move away from getting lucky enough to maybe win the West or even the title.

I should also mention that we're having our healthiest season ever. Better pray we don't have a month+ long injury to a key player. In that case, kiss the PO goodbye.

I should also mention that we're having our healthiest season ever. Better pray we don't have a month+ long injury to a key player. In that case, kiss the PO goodbye.
Except our star sophomore has never been more injured in his life and that is definitely showing on the court.

Name 1 team that has their top scorer hurt and doesn't struggle. Maybe golden state, maybe.

Added to the fact that we have had the hardest schedule by a long shot in the NBA .

This is a team that beat OKC and would have pushed Houston is healthy. If Houston didn't lose CP3 they probably win the championship.

We're close. We definitely could use 1 more all star but traditionally we have the key ingredients for a championship squad. 2 all stars, solid role players, solid coach, and a team that buys in.

We are not a 8 seed, we are better. We will make the playoffs unless major injuries hit. We can beat any team in the NBA if we play well and especially if there is an injury to the other team.

Except our star sophomore has never been more injured in his life and that is definitely showing on the court.

Name 1 team that has their top scorer hurt and doesn't struggle. Maybe golden state, maybe.

Added to the fact that we have had the hardest schedule by a long shot in the NBA .

This is a team that beat OKC and would have pushed Houston is healthy. If Houston didn't lose CP3 they probably win the championship.

We're close. We definitely could use 1 more all star but traditionally we have the key ingredients for a championship squad. 2 all stars, solid role players, solid coach, and a team that buys in.

We are not a 8 seed, we are better. We will make the playoffs unless major injuries hit. We can beat any team in the NBA if we play well and especially if there is an injury to the other team.

Mitchell is not suffering from any major injuries. He got a bunch of minor nagging injuries that all players get. And he's been pretty good this season, really. People can get injured and miss weeks of play, you know. Not average 21 ppg on subpar efficiency "injured". We're not suffering any important injuries.

Ya, we've had a hard schedule. Which is one reason why we're below .500. I am sure once it eases out, we'll have a chance to climb the ladder and secure a playoffs spot. It's not guaranteed. But more likely than not. Meh.

Houston outclassed the Jazz and won the series easily. I've seen a lot of this revisionist history about supposedly pushing Houston to the limit. lmao. It's not true. The part about Rubio is speculation. I personally don't think it would've made a huge difference. OKC is meshing and playing better, and they no longer have Melo to exploit play after play. The Jazz on the other hand, have been more thoroughly scouted, and teams are playing them differently. The team's weaknesses are emphasized. Donovan's struggles are not only because he's not feeling a 100%, but also because he always faces a wall of defenders who ignore most of our perimeter players.

Your assessment is off (due to rose colored glasses), I'm afraid to say. We're not close. We're at least star away. Or two above average starter level players who fit better than Favors and Rubio. Neither of these things is easily accomplished.

We had a 15 a game scorer in post-all star Rubio, last season, which got us to the 2nd round. He was injured for the rockets, but even with him we maybe win one more at most.

We need at least an 18+ ppg shot creater who can also defend, to potentially get to WCF.