What's new

Utah Jazz 2018-19 Championship Bus CHOO CHOO

You aren't fixing that defense since last week. If you can play team ball and not completely brick your 3's, the spurs should fold like lawn chairs. Make them rotate. If you challenge them in ISO, they are more dangerous.

Really?

Wtf is that stat? Must be garbage. It hasn’t Toronto at 17th lmfao.

Sorry, thought I had cropped the stat name in. It’s schedule strength. Look at the massive disparity for Utah. We have had the toughest schedule and it’s not even remotely close.

Not a fan of the Jazz being screwed again with a tough schedule to start the season. I know it all evens out but still..

the reason that stat is so lopsided can be attributed to a single outlier, The Pheonix Suns, Utah hasn't played them yet and they've got 4 matchups.. It's also the reason why many other Western teams have much lower #'s, because they've played the suns...

the reason that stat is so lopsided can be attributed to a single outlier, The Pheonix Suns, Utah hasn't played them yet and they've got 4 matchups.. It's also the reason why many other Western teams have much lower #'s, because they've played the suns...

This is really wrong... it isn’t just that single factor... have played a **** ton of road games... haven’t played many of the terrible east teams. Suns suck but that’s one of many factors.

Not to mention a heavy road games schedule and quality of opponent. Jazz have played like 4 games against a team under .500

The best teams are always going to have an easier SOS because they dont have to play themselves.

Sure and thats a good point but as stoked said the discrepancy is large brween the jazz and the 2nd toughest schedule

We are 13-15 because we aren't that good. Sure the schedule could be easier, but we just arent a good team right now.

How many times have we lost by double digits? How many times have we been down by double digits in the first quarter?

Great teams don't mention their opponents; they mention travel, back to backs, etc. Good teams lose a couple they normally wouldn't because of the schedule. Middle of the road teams like us have a losing record after 28 games because we just aren't that good.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

We are 13-15 because we aren't that good. Sure the schedule could be easier, but we just arent a good team right now.

How many times have we lost by double digits? How many times have we been down by double digits in the first quarter?

Great teams don't mention their opponents; they mention travel, back to backs, etc. Good teams lose a couple they normally wouldn't because of the schedule. Middle of the road teams like us have a losing record after 28 games because we just aren't that good.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
Are we not that good, or just not playing to our potential? I’m asking in all seriousness. I know we have flaws but after last year I believe we can still be decent. The defense is certainly lacking and I hate the blowouts, but there is still potential. How do we get back to sustainable effort and efficiency? Also, looking at Quin, is he going to make it through the season. He’s looking like Achmed, Jeff Dunham’s dummy.

Things are going similar to last year. Although we are doing a little better than last year. We will make a similar run to last year when the schedule gets easier, the team gets their legs under them more and start shooting better like last year, and Mitchell gets healthier.

All these worries will be gone and everyone can stop freaking out.

The strength of schedule argument is stupid because guess what? The Jazz will have the toughest SOS in the NBA again due to our division. It really isn't going to get that much easier.

The strength of schedule argument is stupid because guess what? The Jazz will have the toughest SOS in the NBA again due to our division. It really isn't going to get that much easier.
It will though. We will play more home games. We will play Phoenix 4 times. Just to make a couple of reasons

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Sure and thats a good point but as stoked said the discrepancy is large brween the jazz and the 2nd toughest schedule
Sure, but thats probably because Utah hasnt played any truly awful teams yet. They still lost to the Heat and Spurs, both of whom arent playoff teams.

We’re doing better than last year at this point. I don’t see why the panicking. Yes there’s been a few really bad losses but the roster is very similar. I don’t think Jerebko made that big of a difference for instance.