What's new

Utah Jazz 2018-19 Championship Bus CHOO CHOO

Sure and thats a good point but as stoked said the discrepancy is large brween the jazz and the 2nd toughest schedule

We only have the fifth easiest remaining schedule though as the four who have easier slates are all Leastern conference teams.

The next WC team is Denver who had the 15th easiest schedule remaining in the league.

That bodes well for us. So long as we show some better play.

Are we not that good, or just not playing to our potential? I’m asking in all seriousness. I know we have flaws but after last year I believe we can still be decent. The defense is certainly lacking and I hate the blowouts, but there is still potential. How do we get back to sustainable effort and efficiency? Also, looking at Quin, is he going to make it through the season. He’s looking like Achmed, Jeff Dunham’s dummy.

It is very concerning to me that we are this bad with Gobert. Everybody expecting another run like last year is simply forgetting that Gobert came back from injury while Mitchell and O'Neale pretty much came from nowhere. All those things happened while Rubio and Ingles played the best basketball of their careers.

I think our issues come down to a combination of not playing to potential but also our potential isn't that high. We have a ton of good role players and two great players (Mitchell and Gobert). Our starting lineup is flawed and we suffer a bit off the bench when we start Crowder.

We’re doing better than last year at this point. I don’t see why the panicking. Yes there’s been a few really bad losses but the roster is very similar. I don’t think Jerebko made that big of a difference for instance.

We actually have the exact same record as we did at this point last year, 13-15. Last year from this point we went on to lose 9 of our next 12 games, I don't see that happening this year. The schedule has been absolutely brutal and continues to be throughout most of December but after that it eases up dramatically. We're going to be fine. It sucks to get off to another slow start but we'll make up for it the second half of the season.

Sure, but thats probably because Utah hasnt played any truly awful teams yet. They still lost to the Heat and Spurs, both of whom arent playoff teams.
Exactly.
I look forward to picking up some wins against some awful teams. Maybe it even gets the team some confidence and they go on a run.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

We actually have the exact same record as we did at this point last year, 13-15. Last year from this point we went on to lose 9 of our next 12 games, I don't see that happening this year. The schedule has been absolutely brutal and continues to be throughout most of December but after that it eases up dramatically. We're going to be fine. It sucks to get off to another slow start but we'll make up for it the second half of the season.

Gobert is playing. He wasn't playing when we sucked last year.

We will get better due to the schedule, but we aren't going to do what we did last year.

Exactly.
I look forward to picking up some wins against some awful teams. Maybe it even gets the team some confidence and they go on a run.

Yeah, but the Jazz just played the 2nd worst team in the West and lost. They just played a bad East team and lost. It's not like they have worked over the bad teams they have been able to play to this point.

We will get better due to the schedule, but we aren't going to do what we did last year.
I think you are wrong.
Gobert was healthy to start the season and we sucked even with him iirc. I think he got hurt right around this time last year.

Yeah, but the Jazz just played the 2nd worst team in the West and lost. They just played a bad East team and lost. It's not like they have worked over the bad teams they have been able to play to this point.
Agreed. I still think we will win most of the time when we play a team like phoenix and I think our record will get better.
We will see

If you remember, we weren't good with Gobert last year either to start the season. We were just 6-11 with him in the lineup in the first part of the season. By the time he cam back from his injury the schedule eased up and we went on a run. As long as he's still healthy this year when the schedule lightens up I think we can go on another good run the second half of the season. I also don't think we're going to dig ourselves as big of a hole as we did last year, we had to dig ourselves out from being 9 games below .500.

Last edited:

We sucked with Gobert to start last year. Then he went down with his first injury and we played better. It wasn't until his second injury that we really sucked. But that also correlated with the hardest part of our schedule. He came back during the easiest part of our schedule.

There is a lot more than just the Gobert injury last year. Plus add to the fact that Mitchell hasn't been healthy this year.

Yeah, but there is only 1 team in the West like Phoenix and that's Phoenix. The next worst is the Spurs and they just washed us.
Ya I still think playing the suns along with playing at home more often will result in more wins. We will see.

You guys are all making good points about last year vs this year. We did play poorly with Gobert to start the year.

I do have faith that we will be better and earn a winning record. I just don't see a 25-5 run on the horizon. It's just too easy for good defensive teams to defend us. The West doesn't have 4 or 5 doormat teams anymore.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

If you remember, we weren't good with Gobert last year either to start the season. We were just 6-11 with him in the lineup in the first part of the season. By the time he cam back from his injury the schedule eased up and we went on a run. As long as he's still healthy this year when the schedule lightens up I think we can go on another good run the second half of the season. I also don't think we're going to dig ourselves as big of a hole as we did last year, we had to dig ourselves out from being 9 games below .500.
This

You guys are all making good points about last year vs this year. We did play poorly with Gobert to start the year.

I do have faith that we will be better and earn a winning record. I just don't see a 25-5 run on the horizon. It's just too easy for good defensive teams to defend us. The West doesn't have 4 or 5 doormat teams anymore.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
The good thing is that we won't need a run as good as last year because we won't be in as big of hole when the schedule lightens up. Last year we were 9 games below .500 when the schedule eased up and Rudy came back.

This year i feel confident that our record won't get that bad.

The trip to Mexico will bump up the team chemistry and we start an epic run, Booker T it.

Just please don't eat any local steaks or Adam Silver will be waiting at the airport with a piss cup for Gobert.

Ya I still think playing the suns along with playing at home more often will result in more wins. We will see

Exactly, plus in addition to the Suns we still have a ton of games against the worst teams in the east. We still play the Magic, Wizards, Knicks, Cavs, Hawks and Bulls twice each, and the Nets once more.