What's new

Utah Jazz vs. Brooklyn Nets, Sunday March 8, 6pm EST/8pm MST; Barclays Center, Brooklyn NY

Another team held to under 90 pts since the All-Star break.

With the way our defense was last season and to start this year, I always thought several players would have to have big nights in order for the Jazz to win. Now, I always think if we can just get to 90 points, the game is in the bag.

All the good?!?! Let's see...

Hi Tori Ellis. Throwing a basketball at then rookie Gordon Hayward. Being a dick to reporters who have a reputation for being easy on players. Quitting on his team. Oh, and running off the greatest coach this franchise has ever known.

Don't tell Jazzfanz who they can and can't boo. I'm a Jazz fan first. Every other player on every other team be damned.

I don't boo every former Jazz player just the ones that were douchebags and deron was one of the biggest. Don't get all high and mighty with me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This post is ********.

Random Thoughts from overseas (I just watched the tape).

Brooke Lopez beat up Gobert on the low post all night long, just a reminder that Gobert needs to still work on his strength.
Hayward is playing up to his contract, meanwhile most of the Nets roster is not.
The Nets commentators were fantastic!
Is it me, or has everyone forgot about Burks (I'm speaking about when people mention the core of the Jazz).
I feel like we have chemistry on the defensive end, but we are still painfully developing chemistry on the offensive end, especially when it comes to Burke, Hayward, and Exum feeding Gobert.

Dante is lightning quick when handling the ball, driving and attacking the rim but still can't finish. There is just no defense to stop that speed but he is weak now. Still looks like a 15 year old kid out there.

Gobert really had a hard time with Lopez, part of learning the game. He needs to start trying to score when he is left alone 15 feet away from the basket : he is given ample time and room to face up to the hoop. he should either go for the simple FT like shot or attack the rim for a running hook. Anyway, all this will come eventually : after suffering immensely against Lopez during the first half, he adjusted and was a lot more solid defensively in the second.

Gobert really had a hard time with Lopez, part of learning the game. He needs to start trying to score when he is left alone 15 feet away from the basket : he is given ample time and room to face up to the hoop. he should either go for the simple FT like shot or attack the rim for a running hook. Anyway, all this will come eventually : after suffering immensely against Lopez during the first half, he adjusted and was a lot more solid defensively in the second.

I noticed this as well. The Nets were daring him to shoot from the the free throw line, except for Plumlee. Plumlee fouled Gobert from behind the 3-point line.

It's a joy to watch since the [edited: Kanter] trade, eh?

Notes:

Joe looks pretty cooked lately. I wonder if Hood will get a shot in the starting lineup? Or, is he being groomed as Hayward's backup? (He seems to shoulder some of the same responsibilities when he's in and Hayward is out).

My respect for Burke has gone up dramatically. His acceptance of the bench role has been admirable. And effective.

I don't think Millsap gets enough credit as a reason for our culture change. He has been an important cog in the perimeter defensive schemes. I don't think we would have rounded this corner so effectively without him.

The chemistry developing between Hayward, Favors, and Gobert has the feelings of a CORE. It'll be very interesting to see how Burks fits in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eventually he will start hitting that little floater. He does it every once in a while and shows he can get to where he needs to be, he just doesn't show a lot of confidence in it yet.

I think there will come a day where that little floater will be a massive dunk.

Bell, the guy who gets a ton of irrational hate for hating Corbin when the entire board also hated Corbin.

Yep. I confess my attitude of Bell changed quite a bit. I think the entire team (well, except for RJ amd Marvin) hated Corbin. Bell was just the most vocal.

I agree. The only ex-Jazzmen I'll boo are the ones who forced their way out of town. Like Fisher. Or Kanter.

My least favorite ex-Jazzman is Aemichi (sp?) not because he's gay, but because that guy continues to talk smack about Sloan and Stockton. Was on Le Batard last week talking about how John Stockton didn't "walk the walk" because he didn't participate in wind sprints at the end of a practice. Made it sound like he was Allen Iverson on something. Guy is a self important d-bag.

my least favorite ex-jazzman might actually be Kanter. If I were in ESA when he came to town, I'd boo hard.

It's a joy to watch since the Kunter trade, eh?

Notes:

Joe looks pretty cooked lately. I wonder if Hood will get a shot in the starting lineup? Or, is he being groomed as Hayward's backup? (He seems to shoulder some of the same responsibilities when he's in and Hayward is out).

My respect for Burke has gone up dramatically. His acceptance of the bench role has been admirable. And effective.

I don't think Millsap gets enough credit as a reason for our culture change. He has been an important cog in the perimeter defensive schemes. I don't think we would have rounded this corner so effectively without him.

The chemistry developing between Hayward, Favors, and Gobert has the feelings of a CORE. It'll be very interesting to see how Burks fits in.

I think priority #1 with Hood is just making sure he is 100% healthy. Ingles days are numbered. I really don't think he is going to get any PT next year.

I think priority #1 with Hood is just making sure he is 100% healthy. Ingles days are numbered. I really don't think he is going to get any PT next year.

Jingles is great as a Dante mentor and 12th man next year. Its nice to know if there are issues you have a guy who can fill in, but yeah he needs to work on his towel waving.

my least favorite ex-jazzman might actually be Kanter. If I were in ESA when he came to town, I'd boo hard.

Id put Rush, Foye, Koufus, Harris ahead of him and that's active players.