What's new

Utah Jazz vs. Portland Trailblazers. April 4th.

Yeah I'm gonna have to side with Jazz management here. It's frustrating to see an injury report like that knowing most of those aren't serious injuries, but we have to remember we have two individuals heavily involved with the team who come from the SA model. I trust them 100% that they know the value of heading into the playoffs as injury free as possible.

We just agree to disagree. There are lots of different risks and rewards here.

If guys miss tonight then it increases our chances of losing, which increases our chances of losing homecourt, which increases our chances of losing in the playoffs.

If we play guys then we have a better chance of winning and better chance of keeping homecourt and better chance of winning in the playoffs.... but there is the increased risk of injuries. Thing is, even holding guys out doesn't guarantee that everyone will be healthy for the playoffs just like playing guys doesn't guarantee we keep homecourt.

There are no guarantees and many different risks and ways to look at things.

My opinion is to swing for the fences and play guys to try to keep homecourt and hope they stay healthy for the playoffs. Have your cake and eat it too if you will. Maybe that greediness would bite us, and maybe it wouldn't

Playing an injured Hood might hurt our chances of winning. Did Hood really improve our chances of winning against the Spurs?

the problem is that you (aka fishy) can't swing for ****. The swinging is done by the players, coaches, and training staff. And since they all know a lot more about the nature and course of the injuries that are affecting the team, you're going to have to trust if they sit a player, then they are doing that because they feel it is necessary. You watch the swinging, bunting, pinch hitting, etc.
I was actually talking about a hypothetical situation where I would get to make the decisions.
I don't actuality think that I get to decide things silly.

It's like when I talk about what player I would draft, or who I would go after in free agency, or if I would try to get the team playing at a faster pace, or how much money I would offer a certain player.

You know, opinions on a sports message board or something like that.

Glad I don't have a bunch of money riding on the over for jazz wins for the season this year.

I also would be greedy when it comes to foul trouble. If one of my players got three fouls in the first half then it would be risky to keep them in cause they could foul out later. I would take my chances in that scenario too.

Playing an injured Hood might hurt our chances of winning. Did Hood really improve our chances of winning against the Spurs?
Agreed. There are lots of mights and maybes. Playing him tonight might help us win and might not. Playing him tonight might make his injury worse and it might not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using JazzFanz mobile app

I was actually talking about a hypothetical situation where I would get to make the decisions.
I don't actuality think that I get to decide things silly.

It's like when I talk about what player I would draft, or who I would go after in free agency, or if I would try to get the team playing at a faster pace, or how much money I would offer a certain player.

You know, opinions on a sports message board or something like that.

Ok, if that's the case, then I want to do you the honor of taking your hypothetical seriously. What can you tell me about the nature and course of Hood's injury and where he's at right now? Maybe I'm just missing something because it sounds like you know very little and are just saying the equivalent of "Rah rah! We can overcome!" Let's hear some good medical **** mixed with some insider info. tia.

Ok, if that's the case, then I want to do you the honor of taking your hypothetical seriously. What can you tell me about the nature and course of Hood's injury and where he's at right now? Maybe I'm just missing something because it sounds like you know very little and are just saying the equivalent of "Rah rah! We can overcome!" Let's here some good medical **** mixed with some insider info. tia.
I'm definitely using the info that I have, which is very little info but it's all I have to go off, which gives me the impression that they are out for soreness. If you know of some breaks, tears, surgeries or something that I don't them I would use that info to formulate a new opinion. Or if the jazz released more info to us. But alas, they don't. So I use the info that I have. Which again is very little.

Similar to when I talk about free agency, or drafts or whatever. I'm not there talking to players agents, I don't have scouts working for me to determine who to draft.

It seems like you think we should always be happy with and agree with whatever the team does. If they stand pat at trade deadlines and in free agency then we should agree with those non moves cause we aren't there and don't have all the info rather than being all rah rah rah spend this money and that money on this guy and that guy.

Knees and backs are probably the worst type of injuries to play through. Potential for tweaks is high and it is impossible to immobilize it enough to be effective playing through the injury. Ankles you can tape the shot out of it and really restrict movement and still be able to do a lot.

Our training medical staff just puzzles me... sit certain guys forever and bring other guys back with nagging injuries. Just doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason.

I guess I could be all rah rah rah the jazz are doing the right thing in this situation too. But I don't have the info to know that is the case either. That would just be a guess.

Lord know that what the jazz have been doing regarding injuries hasn't be working very well for the last few years. Could just be bad luck though.

Are 19 year olds supposed to be immune to sprained ankles?

The only serious injury I've ever had happened at 19... before that I was sure I was bullet proof. It was the worst. I did recover like wolverine but if I did the same thing now I'd be out 6-8 months.

I guess I could be all rah rah rah the jazz are doing the right thing in this situation too. But I don't have the info to know that is the case either. That would just be a guess.

Lord know that what the jazz have been doing regarding injuries hasn't be working very well for the last few years. Could just be bad luck though.

We need to take all that cap space we didn't use and offer it to Phoenix's training staff. Would absolutely be worth it if we could keep some guys healthy.

Either that or spin DNA from Stockton and inject it into our current players... I realize how sexual that just sounded... you get the point whatever Stockton did our guys need to do that.