What's new

Utah Trade Deadline Discussion

There isnt anything substantial that says Fournier is a better spot-up shooter from 3. He is better this year by 3% and Hood was better last year by 3%. They both hover in the 37-42 range every year on spot-up 3's, but Hood is much better off the dribble (Fournier has never shown any real ability to shoot an off the dribble 3).

Also, look at Fournier's 3pt shot data. He shoot 46% on wide open 3's, but drops off hard if someone is within 6 feet of him (to 32%). Hood maintains a high % w/ all kinds of defensive pressure. It literally doesnt matter if someone is guarding him. HOOD SHOOTS 46% ON THREE POINT SHOTS WITH A DEFENDER WITHIN 2-4 FEET. It's not a fluke either, it;s volume. 1.4 attempts per game are like that. You wont find many players in the NBA with that % or who even get off that many attempts per game with that coverage. The level of talent Hood has just far surpasses Fournier. It's a joke to think otherwise IMO.

Yes, I will take the guy with the more rare skill-set who has a higher ceiling.

This year Hood was asked to do a lot more on offense. No one thought it was going to go smoothly. We all anticipated bumps and growing pains, but the emergence of Donovan Mitchell in a way made us more impatient with Hood, because we no longer had to wait on that process. That doesn't make the process nonexistent though.

The only real argument for Fournier is health. The things Fournier has on Hood are pretty insignificant IMO and can be traced to role.

Hm... I'm, going to have to go on a deeper dive on this later on. I don't have a ton of time right now and I don't want to do it if Rodney gets moved since I won't care at that point. I don't want to comment more until I look at a couple more things.

I doubt the 14th pick plus two in the mid-to-late 20's gets Utah into the top-7. There's just too big a drop-off in talent for a team to do that.

So let's assume we could get Love with one of the following two packages:

#1 - Hood, Favors, JJ and our 1st for Love
#2 - Hood, Favors, JJ, Thabo and some other draft consideration for Love and JR Smith

For #1, I would go with Fournier, Biyombo and Aaron Gordon OR Teletovic, Dellavadova and Jabari Parker rather than Love
For #2, I would go with Biyombo and Aaron Gordon (but we wouldn't have to trade Thabo)

Long story short, I would rather trade for Aaron Gordon or Jabari Parker than Love. And those guys are easier to get....

I want no part of Biyombo's contract. And I'm not sure Gordon/Parker are easier to get than Love (if they are, then by all means we shouldn't go for Love.)

I want no part of Biyombo's contract. And I'm not sure Gordon/Parker are easier to get than Love (if they are, then by all means we shouldn't go for Love.

There have been more rumors talking about Gordon's availability and Parker's availability than Love's.

Could we do two separate trades for two first rounders for Favors and Hood? That would give us three firsts. Should be able to move up for whoever the jazz like in the draft. We could possibly have four studs. A rook Gobert DM and Exum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think so. I truly believe these trade opportunities are available:

Favors to Cavs for Cavs' 2018 1st. Now do we take back Shumpert, Frye&Osman, Frye&Rose&Calderon?

Hood to Chicago for NOLA pick. Maybe we have to throw in some 2nd's or take back Holiday.

Probably because Love is hurt. Not sure any other team would want an injured player.

Love got hurt recently and there was zero real chatter about Love being shopped like there was with Gordon. Parker hasn't been shopped, but his availability has been debated since the contract negotiations fell apart.

My slight tweak of a Cleveland trade (contingent on Jazz not being able to do more with Favors/Hood):

Favors, Hood, J. Johnson, Neto for Love & Isaiah (who Jazz would then waive)

Cleveland needs more talent, but maybe even more than that, they need a cultural change. Lebron plus good players in useful roles on a happier team is still very, very formidable. These guys from the Jazz could help in that way. And they need to get rid of Isaiah.

Favors to Cavs is still very much alive..

Favors is such an incredible fit with the Cavs. Favors and Love would compliment each other so well. Neither are incredible defenders, but both are adequate. Favors has enough range to give Love a little room in the post.

Favors is such an incredible fit with the Cavs. Favors and Love would compliment each other so well. Neither are incredible defenders, but both are adequate. Favors has enough range to give Love a little room in the post.

Agreed. But in terms of changing the game defensively and bringing NRG which the Cavs lacks right now, then DeAndre is probably the better player.

Jazzfanz going to lose it when nobody gets traded and JJ gets bought out. Then we can shift our focus to figuring out who to chase on the buyout market.

Yes I will be upset if Rodney is not moved. Because I know that if he's on this roster after tomorrow the Jazz are going to match any offer he gets in the summer. We'll end up overpaying for what he provides and our future cap/roster flexibility will be gone.