What's new

Utah Trade Deadline Discussion

After reading the article and the signs the last week, I think the targets are Mirotic and Fournier. If we are truly "maximizing Gobert's prime", then those guys are the attainable pieces that create the roster:
PG Exum
SG Mitchell
SF Fournier
PF Mirotic
C Gobert
6th Man Jingles
2018 Utah 1st
O'Neal

The rest is TBD...

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm not gonna lie, that lineup looks really good. We would definitely be the international team.

I'd expand on that with this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7wslt2w

Burks
Rubio

Gallo
Beverley

Yeah something like that... probably would need to take Brice Johnson too so that they can get a little more room under the tax this year and keep their two way guys that are contributing.

Both guys may be out for the year... not like Rubio is carrying us, but it's a stealth tank move in my mind.

I think Favors and Hood are goners for sure. I would like to see Rubio moved but not sure a team wants him on the hook for $15 million next year.

At this point, I'm all about going all in and going young. I'd love Cleveland's pick but I don't think they are going to part with it.
I’d like to see them pivot to Rudy by picking up good, starting caliber players who fit age-wise and in skill-set between Mitchell and Gobert. Unless they decide to keep Thabo/Udoh for another year, I want Jingles as the oldest guy on the team.

I'd like the jazz to make bigger moves than mirotic and fournier. Go get one of those guys that are rumored to be unhappy with their team like kawhi, Otto Porter, etc.

Jazz need a real third guy. Fournier would be nice, but as an addition to someone special.
Exactly how are we supposed to get Kawhi or Porter? Getting Niko or Fournier would be IMO like when the jazz traded for Horny back in the day, and he was the piece that put the jazz over the top, both have the potential to unlock this offense.

Getting Leonard just doesn't seem all that realistic

Ok, here's my deadline make-over:

Favors and Hood for JR Smith and the Brooklyn pick.

Burks and Rubio for Beverley and Gallo.

JJ and our protected first rounder for Mirotic.

Getting Niko or Fournier would be IMO like when the jazz traded for Horny back in the day, and he was the piece that put the jazz over the top, both have the potential to unlock this offense.
Glad somebody's getting it.

I'm all for getting Niko, but don't overpay and don't rush it. He has a couple weeks to come down to earth. I think we have a standing offer there or the main components of an offer. He will hurt the tank and that is item of business number one in my mind.

Lose tonight and you are looking at two more loses before going on the road for 4 games where we have been awful. Could win at Phoenix or Memphis, but lose those games and we are likely sitting in the 7 spot... which is right where we need to be.

Honestly if we waited until the offseason and they didn't move Mirotic we can likely get him for even less... we could trade our unguaranteed contracts and a couple seconds for him.

Okay, so if Fournier was a target, would you consider this deal:

Rubio, Burks, JoeJ and our 2nd
for
Fournier and Biyombo
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybt2t6oz

Why for Magic - the new management has said they want a clean slate. Rubio and Burks are expirings next year. Fournier and Biyombo are due $34 million in 2019-20. Fournier is due another $17 in 2020-21. Most people think Biyombo is one of the worst contracts in the NBA. Orlando gets to shed that.

Why for us: We want to win now. Fournier spreads the floor creating space we need and he is close with Rudy. Sure, this is expensive, but both players are useful to us. Biyombo would be an asset should Gobert get in foul trouble or get hurt. Taking Biyombo keeps us from having to use our 1st. Could be the first of a few deals to start the roster shakeup. This guves us an open roster spot to pursue other big deals using Favors and Hood.

Bold, but what do you think?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
It's a compelling idea, but given that Burks & Rubio are under contract for next season, I don't think Orlando would do it. Fournier is still a valuable piece that could likely yield a salary dump and draft pick in return. I think inserting Hood into deal maybe gets it done if they like Rodney.

Leonard would choose not to sign with us for the same reason he wants to leave The Spurs
He hates Pop and doesn't like to be rushed back from injury?

Has he not heard the legend of George Hill's 30 games for a stubbed toe? Or seen Rodney Hood held out 3 games for a week old bruised shin? I would think guys who want to make a lot of money rehabbing would be lining up to play in Utah.

He hates Pop and doesn't like to be rushed back from injury?

Has he not heard the legend of George Hill's 30 games for a stubbed toe? Or seen Rodney Hood held out 3 games for a week old bruised shin? I would think guys who want to make a lot of money rehabbing would be lining up to play in Utah.

He has been critical of the Spurs because they don't attract stars, and sounds like he wants to go to a big market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has been critical of the Spurs because they don't attract stars, and sounds like he wants to go to a big market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So my post was sarcastic. I did not know he said those things and i am disappointed to hear it. Silvers NBA certainly isnt Sterns. Its rolling in cash but has lost its identity.

Sure, he wants to compete. But he also wants all that money he signed for.

DL has a good relationship with them. If he were somehow able to obtain another pick and trade both picks and Bradley, Etc., for him (long shot, of course) I doubt he would balk at playing with Mitchell and Gobert. Right now he has to carry the Spurs dragging a bitchy Aldridge.

You would think a trade with a playoff team would go down sooner rather than later as the playoff team would want to solidify their roster A.S.A.P. in hopes of winning more games and improving their playoff positioning.