What's new

Utes Destroy Big12 Team, And Fall In Rankings!

Pit being ranked during week 1 means the same as being ranked #11 during week 7. And nothing will matter if Utah loses to anyone. Calm down.

Pit being ranked during week 1 means the same as being ranked #11 during week 7. And nothing will matter if Utah loses to anyone. Calm down.
Not sure I understand what you're saying...

If we shouldn't care yet, when should we start to care? We waited too long to care in 2008, and certainly don't want to get shafted like that again.

Salty, I am sympathetic to your plight, as I am a Ute fan, but you are sounding a bit hackish here.

Just relax. It was the AP poll and it has no bearing on BCS standings.

Salty, I am sympathetic to your plight, as I am a Ute fan, but you are sounding a bit hackish here.

Just relax. It was the AP poll and it has no bearing on BCS standings.
Well I don't understand how anyone can be a fan of college football and not care about the polls, but whatever.

Thou shalt not worry about things that are beyond your control.

Not many people like the current system, but its not going to change, IMO. So we can either accept that and live with it in peace, or bust a blood vessel worrying about it. All will be right for Utah when we get out of this POS conference.

Yeah, it's an ACC patch. The ACC needed a real team to represent them so they added Utah for the rest of the year so their BCS team isn't some sacrificial lamb.

Nice find. I must get one. Tried to leave positive feedback but it didn't work.

Thou shalt not worry about things that are beyond your control.

Not many people like the current system, but its not going to change, IMO. So we can either accept that and live with it in peace, or bust a blood vessel worrying about it. All will be right for Utah when we get out of this POS conference.

The AP poll has no bearing on the outcome. You are overly concerned about a poll that means nothing.

With that logic, why watch the games at all? We can't affect the outcome while watching on tv, so why not skip the games and just read the final boxscore instead?

Nice find. I must get one. Tried to leave positive feedback but it didn't work.

Salty, if you really like those Uni's, then you are the blindest homer of all time. They seriously make me throw up in my mouth a little.

The only way I will forgive them for wearing such garbage is if they show up in black helmets as well. Black Utah helmets would be the truth.

With that logic, why watch the games at all? We can't affect the outcome while watching on tv, so why not skip the games and just read the final boxscore instead?

You know what I mean. I am associating myself with the Utah football team, and using the royal "We". The Utes can only control what happens on the field. Everything else is out of their/our hands.

Salty, if you really like those Uni's, then you are the blindest homer of all time. They seriously make me throw up in my mouth a little.

The only way I will forgive them for wearing such garbage is if they show up in black helmets as well. Black Utah helmets would be the truth.
lol, they look good to me. I am browsing on my phone though, so it might look different on a bigger screen.

You know what I mean. I am associating myself with the Utah football team, and using the royal "We". The Utes can only control what happens on the field. Everything else is out of their/our hands.
I understand what you mean. I'm just saying, in the current bcs system, the whole point of playing the games is to move up in the polls. You and me have just as much control over the polls as we do the outcomes of the actual games.

We watch the games because they are enjoyable. They are fun. They are thrilling. They are heartbreaking. They elicit emotions that range from anger to elation to sorrow to happiness.

I really am lost as to why you watch the games. You seem to be in it just for the rush of moving up in the polls. If the polls are rigged or your team doesn't move as you think they should there is no reason to watch. Is that correct??

We watch the games because they are enjoyable. They are fun. They are thrilling. They are heartbreaking. They elicit emotions that range from anger to elation to sorrow to happiness.

I really am lost as to why you watch the games. You seem to be in it just for the rush of moving up in the polls. If the polls are rigged or your team doesn't move as you think they should there is no reason to watch. Is that correct??
All of those same reasons you listed for watching the games can be said about the polls (to a lesser extent).

Again, the only reason they play the games is to move up in the polls. Like it or not, that's what it's all about in college football.

Yes the system is rigged. But my team has done more than its share to break that rigged system, and will be on the other side of the rigged system starting next year. But that doesn't mean I'm not pulling for them to win it all this year.

Marcus, I think you're missing the overall point that has some of us Ute fans upset.

Even thouigh I think they're better than Auburn or LSU, it's not so much that they didn't leapfrog other unbeaten teams, it's the fact that they actually lost ground. As I have already mentioned, Oklahoma plays the very same Iowa State team that Utah just destroyed by 41points. If Oklahoma beats them by the EXACT same score, we all know that Oklahoma is not going to lose any ground.

To take it even further, if Oklahoma has a fairly close game with Iowa State, and only ends up winning by say around 14 points, I promise you they will not be punished.

With that being said, I think this is going to end up being a good thing for Utah. I think it will continue to feed their fire and help them keep their focus while they continue to trudge through the next 2 weeks until they get to the meat of their schedule.

LSU, Auburn, Alabama all have to play each other still. Utes have to go undefeated, like always, to get any hint of national respect. That would have to include beating an undefeated TCU team also to have a chance to get into the top 5.

do not worry, even if utah beats TCU they will not be in the top 5, and will possibly be behind a 2-loss team.

But there's good news you guys played well enough over the last 10 years to earn a seat at the big boy table. Congratulations, you have earned the right to be considered for a national championship starting next year - thats how it works. And by the way you'll see exactly how easy it is to go undefeated in a big six conference. It's a lot harder having mississippi state bing your easiest conference game than it is having colorado state as your easiest game.

do you really think you guys are being uniquely imposed upon? this is how it worked for penn state - joe pa has had 4 perfect seasons that were not rewarded with national championships. this is how it worked for florida state. and this is how its going to work for you.

life doesn't always seem fair.

You can say all you want, but it won't matter if the Utes run the table. Beating Air Force, TCU, and Notre Dame will overshadow beating a mediocre Pitt team in OT and a schedule of cupcakes. Has their schedule been good? No, but the team has and they're only getting better. I would go so far to say that this is the best all around team the Utes have had. If they go undefeated, that remains to be seen.

I agree wholeheartedly. I simply brought it up to point out that Utah barely beating Pitt in OT is the same argument being made for other teams to not be ranked so high.
Utah is very good this year. I personally don't think they'll beat TCU, but we'll see what happens. That TCU team is the only game I see Utah not winning this season. Having them at home is a real positive for the Utes, though.