What's new

Utes Destroy Big12 Team, And Fall In Rankings!

do not worry, even if utah beats TCU they will not be in the top 5, and will possibly be behind a 2-loss team.

But there's good news you guys played well enough over the last 10 years to earn a seat at the big boy table. Congratulations, you have earned the right to be considered for a national championship starting next year - thats how it works. And by the way you'll see exactly how easy it is to go undefeated in a big six conference. It's a lot harder having mississippi state bing your easiest conference game than it is having colorado state as your easiest game.

do you really think you guys are being uniquely imposed upon? this is how it worked for penn state - joe pa has had 4 perfect seasons that were not rewarded with national championships. this is how it worked for florida state. and this is how its going to work for you.

life doesn't always seem fair.

So since the system has ram-rodded others in the past, Utah should just take it lying down? Now I do agree with you on how hard it will be for Utah to go undefeated in a big 6 conference. All the more reason to hope Utah can climb the ladder this year. In fact, I don't think you take ANY year for granted even if it's your last year being a "little guy" so to speak.

Some non-Ute fans seem put out that Utah fans have high expectations and are pissed about the rankings because we should just shut up and be happy since we're joining the Pac 10 next year. I don't follow that logic. You should try and get what you can, when you can. As a Ute fan, all I can hope for is a few of the teams in front of Utah lose leading up to the TCU showdown. If Utah is close to the top 5 by then, and is able to beat TCU, it would almost certainly put them in the top 5 with a few weeks to go in the season. There's also a chance that Utah's strength of schedule is high enough (when compared to Boise's) that they may be able to jump Boise St. in the BCS rankings by seasons end. If all that comes together, then maybe we have no reason at all to complain, but it's still a long shot.

Of course, none of this talk is worth anything if Utah is not good enough to run the table. We shall see.