What's new

Video Game Thread

All this talk of E3 and not Star Wars mention.

Guess this thread is too hard core nerd for me. I just pretend to be nerdy, sorry Ill leave now.

OK. Now for my midnight release story.

I picked up my game at the Gamestop in South Jordan at the District. Anyway, Gamestop asked for the preorders to be taken care after 9 pm. My brother and I show up at 9 (he got Titanfall) to pay for our games and get a number to speed things up at midnight. Listening to the two guys behind us (Dungeons and Dragons wiz kids) talk about Dark Souls and their excitement was worthy of hilariously nerdy conversation of the year award (in case you were wondering, that doesn't really exist, I simply made it up.) In front of us there was this tall, lengthy looking kid that paid for his game. After he paid he asked the clerk, "What time do I come back to pick up my game?" He was being serious, too. I guess he's never been to a "midnight" release before.

Later on that night, we were put in a line with our numbers. That tall lengthy kid, who strangly looked like Edward from Twilight was right in front of me. He was wearing a Stanford hoodie and basketball shorts with a Stanford lanyard hanging from his pocket. I tried to have small talk with him and asked him if he went to Stanford. He said he was going there this fall and one of his friends chimed in, "If you only knew who this guy was! Google him." I put two and two together and asked him if he was the tied end from Bingham (Dalton Schultz) who signed with Stanford. He said yes. I was kinda shocked because he's been hyped on the radio as the best recruit from Utah. He just looked like your regular, tall, high school kid. I asked him how big he was and he said 6'6' and 240. There's not way in hell he's either 6'6" nor 240, but that's besides the point (that wasn't my ice-breaker question by the way lol.) I told him good for you and how much he was going to love Palo Alto and I had spent two years living there and was on the campus every day. Trying to talk to the kid was like talking to a dead moth. He never made eye contact, gave one worded responses. I kinda got out of him either he's tired of talking about it or he's just super arrogant (there's no way I'm the douchebucket.) I told him I hoped the Utes crushed him and I stopped talking to him (yes, I told him I was only joking and he choose a really great school and wished him the best of luck, too.) Anyway, we make it into the store with our numbers, we were the first group to be let in. He walks up to the cash register hands him his number and grabs two posters and starts to leave. The cashier says, "Dude, do you want your game with them posters?" Everyone started laughing at him.

That Stanford education, doe.

Now I'm a level 41 knight on Dark Souls. I named my character, Dalton, and yes, he's getting it taken to him a lot. ;)

lol

I'm 99% sure I just saw Mr. Schultz buying beer in a 7-11 in South Jordan 10 minutes ago. Unless, that he has a brother that looks just like him, and is a little taller than me. There's a little more detail in regards to the sketchiness of what I saw but kids will be kids, right? He would have so felt at home with the Utes. Dat full-ride Stanford football scholarship doe.

lol

I'm 99% sure I just saw Mr. Schultz buying beer in a 7-11 in South Jordan 10 minutes ago. Unless, that he has a brother that looks just like him, and is a little taller than me. There's a little more detail in regards to the sketchiness of what I saw but kids will be kids, right? He would have so felt at home with the Utes. Dat full-ride Stanford football scholarship doe.

You should have asked him how much Kevin Hogan is going to suck this year throwing to slow guys like him now that Ty Montgomery is gone.

I'm excited that the next XCOM game is going to be PC only.

Anyone here playing Destiny (PS4)? I'm always looking for a team for raids, the Prison of Elders, etc.

Just got Elder Scrolls Tamriel Unlimited. Can't say I'm loving it...

Anyone here playing Destiny (PS4)? I'm always looking for a team for raids, the Prison of Elders, etc.

I like to play this one but I can't do it with you after you YELL to me about Jody Gessy!!!!

I have destiny, havent played it in months though. hit me up if you stick with ESO. PSN cyunker

I play both on PS4 feel free to add me, PSN is Nitroshadow (the name is from I used to snowboard in my much younger days).

The newly-released Rocket League is literally the best sports game I've ever ever played, a crazy combination of cars and soccer that works better than you ever thought it could. Just released on PS4 and Steam (link) and featuring cross-play between the two platforms, it is also FREE for PS4 users this month (it's the free PS+ title), so for PS4 owners there is literally no good reason not to check it out. For PC, it'll set you back $20... well worth it. I can't tell you how much fun I've had playing it the past two nights.

Seriously, go get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9SFPAjba2M