What's new

Video Game Thread

The newly-released Rocket League is literally the best sports game I've ever ever played, a crazy combination of cars and soccer that works better than you ever thought it could. Just released on PS4 and Steam (link) and featuring cross-play between the two platforms, it is also FREE for PS4 users this month (it's the free PS+ title), so for PS4 owners there is literally no good reason not to check it out. For PC, it'll set you back $20... well worth it. I can't tell you how much fun I've had playing it the past two nights.

Seriously, go get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9SFPAjba2M

That actually does look quite fun.
Wish I had a ps4.

I'll just leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkQhP6JVbZA

Also, Rocket League is being ported to others platforms! (Presumably Xbox One at the very least).

I'm currently playing Shadow Of Morodor, and man what an intense, edge of your seat, kind of experience. I actually can't wait to get off work to start playing. :p

I'll just leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkQhP6JVbZA

Also, Rocket League is being ported to others platforms! (Presumably Xbox One at the very least).

First Dark Souls was one of my favorite games of all time. Most notable thing about it is the EPIC story about a fallen world that can be pieced together from all the clues, but never ever explicitly stated. No lore or books or anything. But unmistakable signs of global apocalypse in a unique fantasy setting. I also loved the lack of fast travel, and you becoming intimately familiar with every last inch of the area, because your very life depends on it. I know you eventually discover fast travel, but its too late in the game to ruin it.

In DS2, you can fast travel from the get go, which destroys the feel of the world. Not that it has much of a feel since everything is so colorful, and so isolated from everything else. It's still really difficult (which makes it fun), but it lacks all the heart and soul of the first one. A quality game, no doubt, but nothing like the first one.

It's all good though, and I'll probably check out DS3.

You could get it on PC, really low system requirements and you'd just need to hook up a 360 controller.

Game is so damn hard to get good at. It kind of reminds me of Super Smash Bros in that it's extremely simple to pick up and play, but to truly master it is very very difficult.

Game is so damn hard to get good at. It kind of reminds me of Super Smash Bros in that it's extremely simple to pick up and play, but to truly master it is very very difficult.

Yeah it is definitely tough to master, I've put in 75 hours on the Steam version already and I really don't feel like I've had a truly awesome goal.

I thought it was more like this.

aEzg3bx_460sv.mp4

Games I've been playing lately.

Elex. Very underrated RPG from Piranha Bytes. I'm about 20 hours in.
Overwatch. My guilty please. Diamond level comp on Xbox One if anyone wants to play.
Ghost Recon Wildlands. Beat it finally last week. Meh, but it was fun playing with friends online.
Reserved a copy of Mario Odyssey. My 5-year-old loves Mario. Yes, I let him game with me from time to time and no I don't feel guilty about it.

Dude, get splatoon

Its my favorite fps of all time and my 4 yr old loves

He's getting the switch and splatoon 2 on Christmas and I cant wait! NBA2k!

I'm currently playing Original Sin 2. A true masterpiece.

Hey hey Hey, does anyone here play Rocket League? My son and I team up occasionally but I'm looking for other teammates!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk