What's new

Walker Kessler Bench Appreciation Thread

Hey, since I never thought Cy would appreciate anything Kessler does, I count this as a huge win.

This thread is right on point. The correct way to utilize Kessler at this point in his career is obviously to remove the mental pressure of starting, giving him a "soft landing" into the game. You can still play him a lot of minutes if he has it going on. Confidence is key with Walker, and he has a better chance of getting and remaining confident when he gets to play second stringers for a while to begin a game.

And yes everyone, I know Walker will eventually start.

I dont think Walker should always be a bench player, but for now this is the best thing for him.

He needs to become way better offensively to be a starter.

A true big rim finisher/runner can't have a FTR of .184. That is just flat out unacceptable levels of softness offensively. Until he figures that out, he is better served off the bench.

A true big rim finisher/runner can't have a FTR of .184. That is just flat out unacceptable levels of softness offensively. Until he figures that out, he is better served off the bench.
The thing is, the team is already so adapted to Walker's softness that he never even gets the ball unless it's an open dunk or layup. The rest of the players know that nothing good will come out of it if they put him in a 1-on-1 situation on the block. And Walker doesn't want it either.

That's just a huge hurdle for an offense to overcome.

The thing is, the team is already so adapted to Walker's softness that he never even gets the ball unless it's an open dunk or layup. The rest of the players know that nothing good will come out of it if they put him in a 1-on-1 situation on the block. And Walker doesn't want it either.

Yeah, for all of Gobert's awkwardness and ball fumbling he stilled tried to put it on your head if he had an opportunity.

That **** Walker did last night when he had the ball on the baseline....

Reminds me of a past center for the jazz tbh.

Yeah, for all of Gobert's awkwardness and ball fumbling he stilled tried to put it on your head if he had an opportunity.
not in 1-on-1 situations on the block.
Rudy rarely even got the ball unless it's for an open dunk or layup