What's new

We Are No. 27

green said:
Hayward is the perfect #3 guy on a title winning team. Great defense, amazing three point shooter, does what the team needs from him. He won't be able to carry a team.

Disagree. 18/4/4 with 6 FTA makes Hayward an 2nd team All Star. That's not very far away from 14/3/3 and 4 FTA on conservative playing time.

Hayward is really starting to look like Ginobili, and put up pretty Ginobili-esque stats last season. He's still very young @ 23. Manu was 25 when he came into the league and had plenty professional experience overseas. He didn't break out until his third year. Hayward is going to be a handful for every team by the time he's 27. I'm loving his projections when I remember that he won't be close to his 5-6 year peak for probably 4 more years.

I think you're both right. I'd consider Ginobli the #3 player on their team, behind Duncan and Parker. And I hope that Hayward will develop into that type of player.

Regarding the thread title, I think when all is said and done, the Jazz will finish with about the 7th worst record, with ~29 wins.

There is two minutes left in the game, you are down by three. OR, there is two minutes left in the game and you are up three.

Who do you give it to that can get you a bucket to seal the win or get you back in it?

And Hayward isn't that guy. He can't create for himself.

Burks? Kanter? Favors?

We have NOBODY who can do that. We are going to lose a lot of games due to that fact alone. And that assumes our bench is good enough to keep the game close...

Watched Hayward play on that USA scrimmage. It looks like he has an improved handle, and think he will be much improved at pick'n roll situations. He's improved every year, and this year will be no different. Hayward is the most underrated on jazzfanz.

Disagree. 18/4/4 with 6 FTA makes Hayward an 2nd team All Star. That's not very far away from 14/3/3 and 4 FTA on conservative playing time.

Hayward is really starting to look like Ginobili, and put up pretty Ginobili-esque stats last season. He's still very young @ 23. Manu was 25 when he came into the league and had plenty professional experience overseas. He didn't break out until his third year. Hayward is going to be a handful for every team by the time he's 27. I'm loving his projections when I remember that he won't be close to his 5-6 year peak for probably 4 more years.

Completely agree about Ginobili. I see Hayward's ceiling as him...the third best player on a championship team.

I mostly think you are right, but for you to say that we definately have NOBODY who is a closer type guy might not be accurate.

How many opportunities have favors, kanter, or burks been given to try to get a big time bucket in crunch time.

Maybe one of those guys is the player you are describing but just has not had the chance to show it yet.
Is this likely? No.... possible? Yes.

I have no problem with this.

I too think the Jazz will turn some heads. I won't be surprised if the Jazz get close to the 40 win area.

I think they can get up to 34 wins. So I am going with my max as my predicition 34-48 for the season. (25-30 is more probable).

This is why I think it's going to get worse for Trey Burke before it gets better and it's not all his fault. In the beginning of the season, I can see Burke being stuck with the ball in his hands in a lot pressure possessions late in games.

I agree with this. I hope people keep their pie holes shut about Burke until he is given a realistic shot to be successful. I could easily see him run out of town, and then a year or two later become an All-Star because people are idiots (kind of like how BYU fans ran Chow out of town, that bald guy came in and ran the program into the ground, and Chow went on to coach multiple Heisman Trophy winners).

I say once the season starts, nothing negative posted, because the Jazz are going to suck and we all wanted it.

Watched Hayward play on that USA scrimmage. It looks like he has an improved handle, and think he will be much improved at pick'n roll situations. He's improved every year, and this year will be no different. Hayward is the most underrated on jazzfanz.

Saying Hayward can be as good as Ginobili is underrating him? I think some Jazz fans have unrealistic ceilings for players.

I agree with this. I hope people keep their pie holes shut about Burke until he is given a realistic shot to be successful. I could easily see him run out of town, and then a year or two later become an All-Star because people are idiots (kind of like how BYU fans ran Chow out of town, that bald guy came in and ran the program into the ground, and Chow went on to coach multiple Heisman Trophy winners).

I say once the season starts, nothing negative posted, because the Jazz are going to suck and we all wanted it.

Seconded.

As long as honest effort is made to win every game.

Regarding the thread title, I think when all is said and done, the Jazz will finish with about the 7th worst record, with ~29 wins.

This. You have to be extremely bad to get into that 1st-4th worst record range. As far as competing for a playoff spot, a rookie point guard with a poor level backup, and no bench keeps us under 30 wins.

Only an injury to Gordon, Favors, or Kanter drops us to the bottom 4 teams.

There is two minutes left in the game, you are down by three. OR, there is two minutes left in the game and you are up three.

Who do you give it to that can get you a bucket to seal the win or get you back in it?

Burks? Kanter? Favors?

We have NOBODY who can do that. We are going to lose a lot of games due to that fact alone. And that assumes our bench is good enough to keep the game close...

He's not elite by any stretch, but he has shown some chops in crunch time - both offensively and defensively - and probably who i'd still go to.

Plenty of evidence
https://youtu.be/mOrlDOnVC-I
https://youtu.be/K0NcOU0ZwaA
https://youtu.be/96ItvUNTllI
https://youtu.be/gfeo1k6oKCM
https://youtu.be/qaiUkuSIVXM?t=3m18s

Seconded.

As long as honest effort is made to win every game.

I love our back and forth. We agree on about 90% of all things...but that 10%, we always make sure we get that little dig in there. lol. Love it. It's what makes all of this fun.

I love our back and forth. We agree on about 90% of all things...but that 10%, we always make sure we get that little dig in there. lol. Love it. It's what makes all of this fun.

Exactly. I actually really like you.

That's the general consensus here. Only a few radicals, who apparently have never seen what a real orchestrated NBA tank looks like, are saying worse.

Burks? Kanter? Favors?

a rested hayward is the guy.

problem was corbin that retard at end of the game had hwayrd playing 18 straight minutes

This. You have to be extremely bad to get into that 1st-4th worst record range. As far as competing for a playoff spot, a rookie point guard with a poor level backup, and no bench keeps us under 30 wins.

Only an injury to Gordon, Favors, or Kanter drops us to the bottom 4 teams.

Perhaps not Gordon. The 2/3 is the only position the Jazz have some depth with Rush, Williams (when he returns), Burks, even Clark or Jefferson, who can be decent in short stints. An injury to a big or even to Burke would be devastating as the Jazz have horrible depth at those positions.

On Hayward-Manu, I think you guys are severely underrating Manu by calling him a third option. Hard to ever say someone else is a first option on a Tim Duncan team, but several years the Spurs had three first options. Manu had a higher use% than Tim and Tony in 2008 @ 28.7%, and led them in ppg.

I think the reason Manu's looked at as a third fiddle is because he's an off ball and a catch and drive player. That's the role I want Hayward to develop into, and if he learns to finish around the rim like Manu could then the league had better watch out. Hayward's already a better 3 point shooter and that makes the Manu attack even more deadly as you have to either give up the three or guard tight and give up the drive defense.