What's new

We HAVE to make a trade.

The Jazz were going to lose Burks this off season, and he hasn't been allowed on the court enough to make a difference this year. Now with Korver we have a bonafide shooter, and we probably have space for guys like Exum and Royce to go to the rim. Getting anything back for Burks is a win, imo.

Fixed

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't see a major move coming, but if Dante or Ricky don't figure it out I could see one or the other moved for a better stopgap fit. Hill, Lin, would be guys I think could be had fairly cheaply and would be great fits if healthy.

I don't think he is good... but i'd make a longshot bet on Frank before I would Markelle. I would prefer Dante move first though.
Frank is safer and cheaper than Fultz. Now that we have established SG/SF vet Korver, the need for Thabo is even less. Udoh really only has value as an expiring too.

Udoh and more 2nd rounders for Frank is worth a shot. Thabo and 2nd rounders is fine too.

I have faith in Frank.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

What about this:

Knicks get Rubio, Udoh, two Utah 2nds
Wiz get Courtney Lee, Thabo and Bradley
We get Otto Porter and Ntilikina

Why for Knicks - they have soured on Ntilikina and they have been shopping Lee for cap relief this summer. This deal saves New York almost $20 million for next year. Plus, they have always been rumored to like Ricky.

Why for Wizards - they get 1 good vet Lee, solid Thabo and a young center Bradley for OP. They get close to avoiding the luxury with this deal and save tons for the future.

We get Porter to add to our starters so Favors can beast the 2nd unit. Mitchell becomes our primary ball handler but we still have Joe to run the offense. We groom Frank who Mitchell will put under his wing. We have so many young, promising players to go with useful, savvy vets.

Starters - DM, Korver, Ingles, Porter, Gobert
Bench - Frank, Exum, Allen, Neto, O'Neale, Crowder, Niang, Favors.

I know this would be somewhat unpopular on both sides, but any chance Boston would want to move Horford? Envisioning him next to Gobert instead of Favors.

I know this would be somewhat unpopular on both sides, but any chance Boston would want to move Horford? Envisioning him next to Gobert instead of Favors.

He could be a free agent this year.

Knowing Ainge, he would want way too much in return for Horford. I do think he'd be a pretty good fit next to Gobert though.

Could be, but he's got $30M next year. That's hard to pass up. What could he get on a three year deal by opting out?

No idea but he could do a deal with Boston where he agrees to opt out to help with LT concerns and get maybe 3/75 from them... I don’t think he’d that much on the true open market.

He should opt in imo.

No idea but he could do a deal with Boston where he agrees to opt out to help with LT concerns and get maybe 3/75 from them... I don’t think he’d that much on the true open market.

He should opt in imo.
If he ops out he will have a large cap hold. I’m not familiar with their cap Situation, but would him getting 25 million versus 30 really clear any space for them?

If he ops out he will have a large cap hold. I’m not familiar with their cap Situation, but would him getting 25 million versus 30 really clear any space for them?

Not space... Luxury tax... Irving gets a raise and Horford opts in they have a healthy tax bill. Say they keep one of Baynes, Morris, or Terry and it could soar. Having 5-7M less might save them $20M or help them keep another rotation player.

If Morris leaves they have to start Hayward... so no way they let him walk.

So where is the interest on Otto Porter?

I like him for us but we kind of need creators more than a guy like Otto. I think I am now of the opinion that I would do a Porter deal, but maybe not just straight salary dump. I might want to give them Exum or Jae so we might have a chance at cap space still.

I think another team will take him into space this summer or do a salary dump this year.