What's new

We HAVE to make a trade.

They'd likely be down for a Ricky for Ariza swap too. Bigger need get a look at a guy and see if you want to keep him around.

Jesus, we should do that trade so damn fast if they would. That would be like the best trade the jazz ever did.

Favors for Otto Porter straight up makes a ton of sense.

Favors would immediately become their best big and would probably put up pretty good numbers as a full time starting center.

Washington gets an expiring contract and a good fit. Does our trade exception make the salaries match? Also, how do trade exceptions work?

Favors would immediately become their best big and would probably put up pretty good numbers as a full time starting center.

Washington gets an expiring contract and a good fit. Does our trade exception make the salaries match? Also, how do trade exceptions work?

Favors for Porter does make a lot of sense for both teams. However...

- you can't add a trade exception to a player. So we could only use a trade exception to get a player who falls within that amount. So for the Korver exception, we could only get a player who makes $4 million or less.

- so to get Porter using Favors, we would have to add in some salary. Favors + Thabo works. Favors + Udoh + Bradley also works. Favors + Exum works but Washington would probably want to send somebody else back since they are so far into the luxury.

Favors for Porter does make a lot of sense for both teams. However...

- you can't add a trade exception to a player. So we could only use a trade exception to get a player who falls within that amount. So for the Korver exception, we could only get a player who makes $4 million or less.

- so to get Porter using Favors, we would have to add in some salary. Favors + Thabo works. Favors + Udoh + Bradley also works. Favors + Exum works but Washington would probably want to send somebody else back since they are so far into the luxury.
Much obliged.

Favors (expiring) + regular expirings to match salary feels like it should be a fair deal.

January 15th is the issue.

Much obliged.

Favors (expiring) + regular expirings to match salary feels like it should be a fair deal.

January 15 is definitely the issue. However, if we wait that long, maybe we could include Exum if he is still struggling. If Washington blows it up, he could go there and get some increased playing time in the hopes he can figure it out.

Much obliged.

The bigger issue is I don't think we give up the hope of having cap space. I like Porter, but I worry he isn't the lockdown defender (he's fine but not upper tier) and that he is an elite role player but not a creator. If we could sneak Dante in the deal... maybe Crowder and still somehow have some space next year to add some playmaking that'd be great. Like, Grayson doesn't project to be a big playmaker to me so all our future playmaking rests with DM. We need more for when he is out, off the floor, or when the defense decides to hug him.

I don't hate the move. He'd make us better for sure, but that is a lot of our resources to get something we might be able to get on the cheap or in a MLE type player. Like does a guy Danny Green or Ariza give you 80-85% of what OP can give you? Older guys but will certainly be cheaper. I also hear OP might have a hip issue long term... the more I kick the tires on that one the more iffy I get on it.

The bigger issue is I don't think we give up the hope of having cap space. I like Porter, but I worry he isn't the lockdown defender (he's fine but not upper tier) and that he is an elite role player but not a creator. If we could sneak Dante in the deal... maybe Crowder and still somehow have some space next year to add some playmaking that'd be great. Like, Grayson doesn't project to be a big playmaker to me so all our future playmaking rests with DM. We need more for when he is out, off the floor, or when the defense decides to hug him.

I don't hate the move. He'd make us better for sure, but that is a lot of our resources to get something we might be able to get on the cheap or in a MLE type player. Like does a guy Danny Green or Ariza give you 80-85% of what OP can give you? Older guys but will certainly be cheaper. I also hear OP might have a hip issue long term... the more I kick the tires on that one the more iffy I get on it.

I agree with you. I think we are too gun shy for a contract as big as Porter's. And based off the fan pushback from trading Burks, I only think we trade Favors for an absolute home run. Unfortunately, I don't think a home run exists OR our front office has the guts to trade Favors. And even more unfortunately, I have a bad feeling we are just going to keep him this summer because we won't find a clear cut better player in free agency (Mirotic, Tobias, etc.).

For those reasons, I think Rubio is the guy we should move on from. If I was making a trade today, I would be involving Rubio. I can stomach keeping Favors. We are screwing ourselves if we keep Rubio AND Favors.

Dwight is out a while now. That Washington team seems doomed. If Favors could be traded right now, that would be such a great solution for that team. He could potentially bring those guys together, get to play center, maybe even make the All Star team. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25414080/dwight-howard-washington-wizards-facing-surgery

More likely the Wizards are going trade the guards and start all over rebuilding. They not going say Favors can push this group over. Favors really. Lmao

Boston not going trade their best big men. They are not looking at the lottery like Utah. They have championship or bust attitude so they not trading Horford. This another dumb idea
... ok. The Celtics are one game up on the Jazz, after the Jazz have had the toughest schedule and the Celtics are in the eastern conference. But whatevs.

They cant be used to increase incoming in a trade like that.

Kangz looking at OP Jr. always made sense to me.

He does have a trade bonus that could help him block a trade if he didn’t want to go there... Wiz could just take the hit but it might prove onerous.

from 538 website

Rubio has generally been able to hang his hat on his defense and his passing whenever he’s struggling to shoot. But this season, he has sometimes looked a half-step slower laterally on D, allowing nearly a 10th of a point more per drive he defends, at 0.98 points per play, than he did last season, according to Second Spectrum. And while opponents have long sagged off Rubio, daring him to shoot, that experiment has paid far greater dividends this season, as he’s logged just a 46.6 percent effective field goal rate on jumpers when given 6 or more feet of open space

Shots from at least 10 feet away.

">4
— down from 53.5 percent just last year, and the worst percentage he’s connected on since the 2013-14 campaign, according to NBA Advanced Stats.

wonder what we could get for rubio

I think he has pretty decent value for the few teams who want PG help. His expiring contract allows another team could test drive him for a year and walk away if they choose to. Teams looking for PG help or would consider adding PG:

Orlando
Phoenix
Detroit
San Antonio
Chicago
And New York

Last edited: