What's new

We HAVE to make a trade.

LMFAO. You would be a GM's wet dream. The hate for Favors/Rubio and want for a stretch 4 is perplexing. You all willing to throw away assets for a guy like Ariza?

Phoenix takes any of these offers and orders a lobster dinner.

Locke said on his podcast that he doesn't think this is the precursor to something bigger, or anything else. But my gut feeling is that was Company Man Locke speaking.

Locke said on his podcast that he doesn't think this is the precursor to something bigger, or anything else. But my gut feeling is that was Company Man Locke speaking.

From Larsens article I did get the impression that DL has acknowledged the folly of putting a too many non-shooters out there. Whether that corrects now or in the offseason I don't know.

From Larsens article I did get the impression that DL has acknowledged the folly of putting a too many non-shooters out there. Whether that corrects now or in the offseason I don't know.
I think both. Korver is step 1. Think there will be another move before the deadline and/or something in the offseason to further address it. Highly doubtful that Exum, Rubio and Favors are all on this team next year. . .

I think both. Korver is step 1. Think there will be another move before the deadline and/or something in the offseason to further address it. Highly doubtful that Exum, Rubio and Favors are all on this team next year. . .
Nope. We're done. NO ONE wants Exum. I think he has even less value than Fultz now that he's being paid so much. Rubio? Who is going to trade anything of value for Ricky. Well, I guess Ricky or Favors as an expiring salary PLUS Utah's first might be of value. But c'mon, Lindsey had a fantastic deal staring him in the face last season and wouldn't trade the first. I don't see the Jazz being far enough ahead of teams, or secure enough in the playoff picture by the deadline. Lindsey will hold on to the 1st like it's the last hot item on Black Friday.

Plus, I think Dennis really believes Utah is a free agent destination. Surely the new practice facility is all that a young 20-something could ever want in a city. If not Lebron or Durant, certainly Thompson or Middleton. So he'll make some calls when business opens up this summer, lose out on the 1st tier and the 2nd and then decide the 3rd tier FA's are just too expensive, just like EVERY summer since he's been here.

We might be putting Exum in bubble wrap until January... then move him into the lineup and pray he showcases well.

If he’s healthy someone will have some interest... keep the mystery alive.

Fultz is mentally broken. I don’t think that’s fixable.

Cool. Now we can land Niko at the cost of two first round picks!

Nah. If NOLA got a lottery protected pick for Nico after trading Davis, they would be ecstatic. His expiring contract is too risky to spend too much on.

Last year he did say he wanted to play on the jazz, we could probably sign him in the offseason, right? Why throw away draft picks?
Let’s pretend there’s a dance you want to go to. There’s a neighbor girl that’s really cool, she’s fun, and she’s cute, and she really wants to go with you. Thinking that, hey, who knows, maybe Shania Twain is going to show up and want to go with you, and you need to keep that option open, so you just kinda ignore your neighborhood girl. Well, when it gets down to it you find out that, no, Shania Twain isn’t going out with you, so you end up going to the dance with a few of your buddies who also don’t have dates. Neighbor girl, on the other hand, goes with someone else who wanted to ask her.

Next dance rolls around, what happens?

Can we take the approach of always leaving that girl on the back burner, just assuming she’s there when called upon, just because she wanted to go with us earlier, but we held out for a “possible” Shania Twain but ended up going with a couple guys?

Last year he did say he wanted to play on the jazz, we could probably sign him in the offseason, right? Why throw away draft picks?

If this supposed Davis deal does happen and if NOLA goes for a rebuild, I would make a massive push for Jrue Holiday AND Mirotic. Jrue has a big contract, but he would be awesome for us.

Let’s pretend there’s a dance you want to go to. There’s a neighbor girl that’s really cool, she’s fun, and she’s cute, and she really wants to go with you. Thinking that, hey, who knows, maybe Shania Twain is going to show up and want to go with you, and you need to keep that option open, so you just kinda ignore your neighborhood girl. Well, when it gets down to it you find out that, no, Shania Twain isn’t going out with you, so you end up going to the dance with a few of your buddies who also don’t have dates. Neighbor girl, on the other hand, goes with someone else who wanted to ask her.

Next dance rolls around, what happens?

Can we take the approach of always leaving that girl on the back burner, just assuming she’s there when called upon, just because she wanted to go with us earlier, but we held out for a “possible” Shania Twain but ended up going with a couple guys?

The DL way is to talk about Shania and the neighbor girl but keep banging the tinder skanks who are flawed but easy.