What's new

We HAVE to make a trade.

Portis is 34.3% on 3’s on 3.5 attempts per 36 for his career.

Exum, as a guard, left wide open more often than not, is 30.3% on 2.5 attempts. God he sucks.

Last edited:
I'd be willing to take chances. I don't really see the upside with Portis, though.

He shot 35.9% from 3 on 4.1 attempts per 36 last year. He’s a career 73.1% from the line, far better than Favors’ 66%. He’s likely had far worse coaching than what our staff could offer and has offered Favors and he’s far younger than Favors and we’d be buying low. Oh, and his 10.9 rebounds per 36 is better than Favors 9.9.

In short, we need a stretch 4 who can shoot and rebound and isn’t a liability on defense. I think he’d be that type of guy and that he’d be relatively cheap and has some solid upside.

Portis is 34.3% on 3’s on 3.5 attempts per 36 for his career.

Exum, as a guard, left wide open more often than not, is 30.3% on 2.5 attempts. God he sucks.
If Exum is our standard of comparison, then there’s a larger pool of guys I could list for you.

If Exum is our standard of comparison, then there’s a larger pool of guys I could list for you.

Who? What 4’s are there that fit in our timeline, can play defense, rebound, and hit the 3? And oh yeah, at a cost that won’t crush our books.

He doesnt have character concerns...

Yeah, I’m sure everyone is just lining up to sign a guy who punched his teammate in the face.

I know teams fight internally all the time. But this seemed to be a far more major issue than your typical in-house “fighting.”

Yeah, I’m sure everyone is just lining up to sign a guy who punched his teammate in the face.

I know teams fight internally all the time. But this seemed to be a far more major issue than your typical in-house “fighting.”
Why? Because he's really good at throwing a punch and/or Mirotic has a glass jaw?

And they didnt trade him away. It must have not been a huge deal.

Why? Because he's really good at throwing a punch and/or Mirotic has a glass jaw?

Fair enough. This still doesn’t take away from the fact that he’s the type of player who has maybe all of the skills we need (though I don’t know if he’s a dummy) and could develop into something really, really good as a stretch 4 for us on the relatively cheap. Since Kawhi, Middleton and Niko are likely pipe dreams, then getting a guy like this seems prudent.

Who? What 4’s are there that fit in our timeline, can play defense, rebound, and hit the 3? And oh yeah, at a cost that won’t crush our books.
I'm talking about, if we're using Exum as the comparison, then there are other options of things you can compare, like the two second rounders we just traded.

I like Portis, but we have to do more. He would be like a Korver move. Good, but just a start.

I want something substantial. I want a bold move. I'm so tired of mediocrity. We have such a great core with Gobert, Mitchell, Ingles, Crowder, O'Neale and now Korver. Use first rounders. I don't care. Just go add to this roster DL.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think Portis could be starting quality, but he's a 4/5 stretch, not a 3/4 stretch and the Jazz need the latter.

We should bring Portis just for his unlimited potential with crazy eyes photoshop and memes... this is just pure gold

ap746357347111.jpg

DMX8yBDXkAIVOqV.jpg

screen-shot-2017-10-21-at-7-47-17-pm2.png

It was a huge deal, Mirotic came out and said they couldn't be on the same team and Portis had to be traded. They were going to trade him, but his team-mates came out and said they liked Portis more than Mirotic, so they got rid of Mirotic instead. Which was a red flag for me for obtaining Mirotic, the undercurrent of what his team-mates were saying was that Mirotic was a total dick and was asking for it.

He doesnt have character concerns...

Not a character guy. When he came in for workouts it Perrin is on record saying that it took about 30 seconds before they realized he was not at all the type of guy they wanted in their locker room. So... he isn't coming to Utah or Utahrd or Vanilla ville or whatever other stereotype you want to give us. We are all about character guys and he is not one of them.

Not a character guy. When he came in for workouts it Perrin is on record saying that it took about 30 seconds before they realized he was not at all the type of guy they wanted in their locker room. So... he isn't coming to Utah or Utahrd or Vanilla ville or whatever other stereotype you want to give us. We are all about character guys and he is not one of them.
He didnt say that

BTW, why don't we bring in K.Wiltjer for cheap. The one thing dude can do is shoot 3's. He would be cheap and would provide some shooting of the bench.