What's new

We HAVE to make a trade.

Like Cy said, I think Ariza slides in as our starting PF which would make us incredibly dangerous. Rubio is less of a liability with Ariza. Favors slides into a bench PF/C role and Crowder provides amazing depth. I see it like:

Starters - Rubio, DM, Ingles, Ariza, Gobert

2nd unit - Neto, Korver, O'Neale, Crowder, Favors

I think we would send Udoh with Exum to Phoenix. If Favors moves to the bench, Udoh is expendable. Thabo has more value to us and Phoenix would probably prefer the cheaper option between Thabo and Udoh.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
Favors would be pissed. Probably only get like 15 minutes per game.
iirc his contact is incentive laden. I like it but I doubt favors would be cool with it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I just don't see any feasible trade that the Jazz & Phoenix would both agree to for Ariza. I think there's teams out there that can and would make a more appealing offer than Ariza.

I was thinking that too, but then I started breaking it down. The only teams interested in Ariza are teams who believe they are contenders. These teams must have expendable contracts big enough for Ariza's $15 million expiring AND give something that Phoenix actually wants. Let's break those teams down:

Philadelphia (most speculated and likely team) - Philly would love Ariza, but the whole deal would seem to hinge on Fultz or Philly sending a 1st. Philly could send Wilson Chandler and a 1st for Ariza, but Philly likely needs Chandler because they have zero depth. They could also try to send a few players (Muscala, Zhaire Smith, Korkmaz and others) and a pick, but does Phoenix have the roster spots available for a deal like that? Something like this: https://tradenba.com/players?tid=23&tid=24

Lakers - Caldwell Pope for Ariza works, but Phoenix would want a draft pick. Will LA give up a pick they might need for an AD deal?

Knicks - The Suns supposedly like Ntilikina, but I don't think Ariza will sign off on a trade to NY. Seems like the Knicks don't have too much to gain by getting Ariza. A 3rd team would be needed.

NOLA - I could see the Pelicans getting desperate for another piece and overpaying for Ariza by sending a future 1st. Once again, this is one of those situations like Philly where NOLA would have to send a number of smaller contracts to make the salaries match.

OKC - once again, a team would have to send multiple small contracts and a 1st to make the salaries work.

None of these teams are sending Phoenix a good player. And the teams aren't sending Phoenix a good pick either. All of them project to be late teens at best. So at the end of the day, it's an argument of Fultz, Exum, Ntilikina or low 1st rounders. I just wonder how much Igor values Exum.

Since the trade the jazz are 3-1 for a win percentage of 75%. (the one loss was to Miami) Before the trade they were 10-12 for a win percentage of 45%
korver is averaging 17 minutes, 8 points, 2 rebounds, 0.8 assists, 0.3 steals, 0.5 blocks, and 1.5 turnovers with shooting percentages of 48% from the field, 47% from 3, and 66% from the line (on 0.8 attempts). Has been a +5 so far total (I think. Im not really sure about that stat though)

The cavs are 2-4 since the trade for a win percentage of 33%. (the 4 losses were to Celtics in boston, raptors, warriors, and kings) Before the trade they were 4-16 for a win percentage of 20%
Burks is averaging 29 minutes, 14 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 0 blocks, 1.3 turnovers with shooting percentages of 40% from the field, 32% from 3, and 83% from the line (on 3.8 attempts). Has been a +7.1 so far total (again, im not positive that is correct but I think it is)

Looks like this was one of those trades that has worked out well for both teams and for both players so far in this small sample size.

I keep saying this... Favors is not a PF in today’s game - but he is - in my mind - a top 10 Center in the league.

My question to you all is... who would you trade for Rudy? We all know that’s not happening, but for ***** and giggles, if we could, who would you take back? Lillard? PG? I’m just so curious, I know it’s difficult to find equal value for him, but who could we get for him? And let’s just say we take Lillard for example. We then do everything we can to get a guy like Mirotic either through trade or next season. Now...

Lillard
DM
Jingles
Mirotic
Favors

Man that is one deadly lineup.