What's new

We HAVE to make a trade.

One thing I just noticed while looking at the Jazz' trade machine options is that they have roughly 10 mil in trade exceptions from Hood/Burks/Johnson. idk if that's accurate or not but if it is then that could help in finding deals for Exum.

e.g. if the Heat commit to the tank for the year and want to get off some money, they could flip Dragic for Exum + trade exceptions + a couple of 2nds or a protected 1st. Just one idea I haven't really looked into too many options.

One thing I just noticed while looking at the Jazz' trade machine options is that they have roughly 10 mil in trade exceptions from Hood/Burks/Johnson. idk if that's accurate or not but if it is then that could help in finding deals for Exum.

e.g. if the Heat commit to the tank for the year and want to get off some money, they could flip Dragic for Exum + trade exceptions + a couple of 2nds or a protected 1st. Just one idea I haven't really looked into too many options.
You can't combine trade exceptions.

Funny, that people think that Exum is tradeable.
He might be the most jazzfan overvalued player ever. Nobody wants that albatross contract. We stuck with that ****. Nobody in their right mind would have gave him that contract.

You can thank the influence this board has on management. Or vice versa. I wouldnt be surprised if DL had 15 different burner accounts on here. Its uncanny how all the stupid ideas om here some how become the actions of management.

We are 49 of 106 from 3 in the three games Korver’s played.

That’s 46.2% and the 35.3 attempts per game would put us at 5th in attempts per game. The 16.3 made per game would be best in the NBA as 14.6 per leads. Small sample size or not, and our best three point game ever or not, I’m intrigued.

We are 49 of 106 from 3 in the three games Korver’s played.

That’s 46.2% and the 35.3 attempts per game would put us at 5th in attempts per game. The 16.3 made per game would be best in the NBA as 14.6 per leads. Small sample size or not, and our best three point game ever or not, I’m intrigued.
Good post. When Ricky, Royce, and Crowder are hot from three we are unbeatable. I know other teams can say similar things but still

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Here’s a trade thought...

Exum
Bradley
Favors

For

Mills
Bertans
Bellinelli

This variation may be unpopular, but sub Bertans for Gasol and add Thabo. Gasol adding spacing off the bench would be interesting. Would also be interesting pairing him with Gobert for a few minutes... better spacing, plus exploit the hell out of any mismatch when a small PF is guarding either of Gobert or Gasol.

Here’s a trade thought...

Exum
Bradley
Favors

For

Mills
Bertans
Bellinelli

This variation may be unpopular, but sub Bertans for Gasol and add Thabo. Gasol adding spacing off the bench would be interesting. Would also be interesting pairing him with Gobert for a few minutes... better spacing, plus exploit the hell out of any mismatch when a small PF is guarding either of Gobert or Gasol.

I'm not opposed to it, but I just don't see our front office trading Favors in what would seem to be a lateral move. Belinelli seems redundant with Korver now here. Mills is an upgrade over Exum, but probably not enough to trade Favors.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-to-be-available-after-dec-15-per-report/amp/

I wonder what Phoenix could realistically get for Ariza. Some are saying that teams will wait for a buyout.

I think we should make a play for Ariza using Exum and 2nd rounders. The Suns are after Ntilikina and Fultz. I would argue that Exum is safer than both those guys. Igor is familiar with him and Exum fits next to Booker and TJ Warren.

An issue is timing. Will Phoenix will wait a month for this trade?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-to-be-available-after-dec-15-per-report/amp/

I wonder what Phoenix could realistically get for Ariza. Some are saying that teams will wait for a buyout.

I think we should make a play for Ariza using Exum and 2nd rounders. The Suns are after Ntilikina and Fultz. I would argue that Exum is safer than both those guys. Igor is familiar with him and Exum fits next to Booker and TJ Warren.

It would be an interesting move if we're looking to get off of Exum's deal. I wouldn't give up any picks. Who gets included -- Thabo? If we know we don't want Exum, I'd take it, then go sign Trevor Booker.

What position does ariza play for us?
PF? What happens with Crowder and favors?
SF? What happens with jingles and korver?

What position does ariza play for us?
PF? What happens with Crowder and favors?
SF? What happens with jingles and korver?

Like Cy said, I think Ariza slides in as our starting PF which would make us incredibly dangerous. Rubio is less of a liability with Ariza. Favors slides into a bench PF/C role and Crowder provides amazing depth. I see it like:

Starters - Rubio, DM, Ingles, Ariza, Gobert

2nd unit - Neto, Korver, O'Neale, Crowder, Favors

I think we would send Udoh with Exum to Phoenix. If Favors moves to the bench, Udoh is expendable. Thabo has more value to us and Phoenix would probably prefer the cheaper option between Thabo and Udoh.

I'm not sure how well Ariza works at the four but I kinda like it. In conjunction with my Udoh thread, I think if we moved Favors then it clears up some jams if we started Ariza. This trade probably looks bad superficially but whatevs:

Exum, Favors, Thabo for Ariza, Anderson, and Crawford.

Anderson only has ~15M on his deal next year, which means this deal adds $4 of salary next year, but off-loads the last year of Exum.

I am on the don't trade Favors bus. But what the hell do I know, I was on here a week ago complaining that 2 second round picks for Korver was too much and now the Jazz are pretty much going to go undefeated to finish the season.

I just don't see any feasible trade that the Jazz & Phoenix would both agree to for Ariza. I think there's teams out there that can and would make a more appealing offer than Ariza.

One thing is for sure though and that is that the Jazz won't trade Favors for Ariza.

I am on the don't trade Favors bus. But what the hell do I know, I was on here a week ago complaining that 2 second round picks for Korver was too much and now the Jazz are pretty much going to go undefeated to finish the season.

Trading Favors would make a lot of us sad. It's a shame Atlanta sucks this season and is tanking, else moving him there might make him happy and not make Favs and the world feel bad about the trade.
https://hoopshype.com/2018/11/27/nba-free-agency-2019-power-forwards/
Also, there are some potential stretch fours on the 2019 FA market who are good players (and many won't cost a ton of money): https://hoopshype.com/2018/11/27/nba-free-agency-2019-power-forwards/