What's new

We should trade for Deron Williams

magic

If we could get him our team would be stacked and we could make a deep run in the playoffs. It's even possible that he could play just as good or better than Hill (though Hill should start for team chemistry reasons).

I mean I had high hopes for Exum, but maybe we should have hired a psychiatrist like Orlando (or some other team did) to realize that he doesn't have the mental fortitude required to become a great player. At this point, if Snyder was only going to play me like 8 minutes a game, I wouldn't be nervous of making mistakes, I would be playing like Kobe Bryant in his rookie year. Unless Exum's injury has actually reduced his physical capabilities, he really has no excuse to be playing timid at this point.

So maybe the next step in the cake baking process for the Jazz is to acquire D-Will.

Yea we should trade for the guy that is still being accused of not running the plays that the coach calls. Your brilliant.

Yea we should trade for the guy that is still being accused of not running the plays that the coach calls. Your brilliant.

What play did he not run?

The missed layup in OT - I thought I saw Carlisle mouth **** me in disgust when DW missed that shot.

I'd love to add D-Will, but I think the FO would be cautious of doing it because of how some fans feel about him.

I'd give up the GSW pick for him.

But it's not good for team chemistry, And with Snyder I don't think he'd play if he didn't run the plays.

I dont think one player can ruin team chemistry when the team chemistry is strong. And has D-Will ever been called a bad teammate? He seemed to really get along with most everyone. Quin is known as a player's coach too.

I'm 100% convinced D-Will's basketball power is derived from playing in a small market. Utah is the perfect place for him.

I dont think one player can ruin team chemistry when the team chemistry is strong. And has D-Will ever been called a bad teammate? He seemed to really get a long with most everyone. Quin is known as a player's coach too.
See and I would argue that one worm makes it a bad apple. Demarcus Cousins' attitude is the problem in Sacramento. D-Will could be a problem here, especially since he would not be a starter.

I'm 100% convinced D-Will's basketball power is derived from playing in a small market. Utah is the perfect place for him.

Research Done:

D-Will's best games this year have come in these team's arenas: Utah, Portland, Denver, and Indiana.

His worst games have been at Miami and LA.

D-Will is allergic to mass amounts of people. If he is in an area that is too densely populated, his basketball skills are drained and his ankles become brittle. If he comes back to Utah, he will be able to charge himself full of small market energy and ball out.

I mean I had high hopes for Exum, but maybe we should have hired a psychiatrist like Orlando (or some other team did) to realize that he doesn't have the mental fortitude required to become a great player.

We did. A series of psychological tests were run for Exum in the run-up to the draft - he was given a set of tests that measure, among other things, intelligence, spatial awareness, and leadership. He scored higher on those assessments than any other player on the Jazz.

Exum is going to be fine. He's coming off a major injury, missed a year of development, is still one of the youngest players in the league, is playing the most complicated position with the lengthiest development arc, and still, despite that, has made progress this year from year one.

He's still the point guard of the future, but it's doubtful he takes a major leap before next year.

The amount of lucky breaks it would take for the Jazz to win a championship this year is almost too numerous to imagine and would require significant injuries to other teams. We can put ourselves in a position to take advantage of that, in the off chance that it does happen, but we aren't going to trade major future assets for a back-up point guard that is no longer in his prime. That's the type of move you make when you're a lock as a contender. The Jazz are still two years away from that - and development from Rudy, Hood, Exum, and Lyles are going to be what takes them there - not a washed-up former point guard.

If we could get him our team would be stacked and we could make a deep run in the playoffs. It's even possible that he could play just as good or better than Hill (though Hill should start for team chemistry reasons).

I mean I had high hopes for Exum, but maybe we should have hired a psychiatrist like Orlando (or some other team did) to realize that he doesn't have the mental fortitude required to become a great player. At this point, if Snyder was only going to play me like 8 minutes a game, I wouldn't be nervous of making mistakes, I would be playing like Kobe Bryant in his rookie year. Unless Exum's injury has actually reduced his physical capabilities, he really has no excuse to be playing timid at this point.

So maybe the next step in the cake baking process for the Jazz is to acquire D-Will.

Psychological tests were one of the reasons Dante was drafted as high as he was.

We did. A series of psychological tests were run for Exum in the run-up to the draft - he was given a set of tests that measure, among other things, intelligence, spatial awareness, and leadership. He scored higher on those assessments than any other player on the Jazz.

Exum is going to be fine. He's coming off a major injury, missed a year of development, is still one of the youngest players in the league, is playing the most complicated position with the lengthiest development arc, and still, despite that, has made progress this year from year one.

He's still the point guard of the future, but it's doubtful he takes a major leap before next year.

The amount of lucky breaks it would take for the Jazz to win a championship this year is almost too numerous to imagine and would require significant injuries to other teams. We can put ourselves in a position to take advantage of that, in the off chance that it does happen, but we aren't going to trade major future assets for a back-up point guard that is no longer in his prime. That's the type of move you make when you're a lock as a contender. The Jazz are still two years away from that - and development from Rudy, Hood, Exum, and Lyles are going to be what takes them there - not a washed-up former point guard.

Werent those test conducted by Red Bull, a company that sponsors Dante? Edit: Yeah, they were: https://www.redbull.com/us/en/stories/1331657622325/dante-exum-in-red-bull-high-performance-training

And D-Will averages a fairly efficient 14 and 7, I wouldnt call him washed up.

Werent those test conducted by Red Bull, a company that Dante sponsored?

No, those were the tests where he was running while connected to a breathing machine that made him look like an Australian Darth Vader.

I'm pretty sure that those tests also measured irony, given that he sucks air like a middle-aged obese woman carrying her groceries in from the car after ten minutes on the court.

DWill and JJ definitely don't like each other. In an interview where JJ discussed why he decided to come to Utah, he mentioned talking to several former jazz players about Utah, and pointedly left DWill's name off the list of people he talked to.

I would do a pick for d will trade.